• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Mage pumper group 6th spot tossup (1 Viewer)

Meowlicious

RedCents
140¢
Currently rolling with SK/SHM/Chanter/Mage/Mage > looking to replace merc on 6th slot.

SoD expansion currently

Im thinking between Druid and Cleric as 6th...... Druid for the Fire dmg adps benefit potentially (plus their own nukes/dots)> Can anyone tell me how decent an impact this is? Really focusing around getting as many pets on the target so the mages can just Of Many nuke things to oblivion to be ultra mana efficient.

Cleric would be great for survivability for sure, but may be overkill for the setup Im thinking.

How do you all feel on the 6th slot?

Well I certainly am now. lol

I always get lackluster results when trying them out in a group so I overlook them all the time. Maybe this will be the time it surprises me

Currently rolling with SK/SHM/Chanter/Mage/Mage > looking to replace merc on 6th slot.

SoD expansion currently

Im thinking between Druid and Cleric as 6th...... Druid for the Fire dmg adps benefit potentially (plus their own nukes/dots)> Can anyone tell me how decent an impact this is? Really focusing around getting as many pets on the target so the mages can just Of Many nuke things to oblivion to be ultra mana efficient.

Cleric would be great for survivability for sure, but may be overkill for the setup Im thinking.

How do you all feel on the 6th slot?
I would add a BST or Necro. Necro for DPS and extra rezzer in group. BST is usually last man standing in a wipe. Plus you get great attack from BST and Pet and if all are on same machine focused paragon

SHM and CLR together in a group is a great pair for survival. Just can't chew through mobs the same without the additional DPS. Maybe middle ground and go with a second SHM?

I always get lackluster results when trying them out in a group so I overlook them all the time. Maybe this will be the time it surprises me
Do you mean the BST themself or their impact on your group? In my experience, BSTs take a larger amount of work to get good on their own (sooo many aa's), but should be able to do decent aDPS from the get-go.

Do you mean the BST themself or their impact on your group? In my experience, BSTs take a larger amount of work to get good on their own (sooo many aa's), but should be able to do decent aDPS from the get-go.
the BST themself. Subpar personal dps, but I haven't really AA'd one out to the brim in a while. But I've also usually run melee dps groups where the my choice was bst or bard kind of picks, and we all know bard is going to win out on that one. BST makes a lot of sense here for sure though. Will make hitting that 7 pet threshold even easier for big nasty nukes + the aDPS

I would vote for a necro, they are outstanding with a full toolbox but then I have no idea what they are like since last I played live years ago.

I would vote for bst over necro. My necro is 112. His DPS doesn't get a chance to ramp up with my group...
I guess it depends on the kill speed of your group.

My bst in war/clr/bst/brd/ber/rog group does decent damage and provides a lot of aDPS. I could see him helping casters as well...

Well I certainly am now. lol

That's because BST sucks until SoD.... They start getting good around now, I just brought my BST back into group as it was T-R-A-S-H back in GoD when I started on mischief
SHM starts getting more OP as well with intervention/soothsayer so its healing is sufficient especially with AEmez, its a bit hard to get by in raids with only SHM as cure'er'er

SK/SHM/Chanter/Mage/Mage

DRU = type1 hpbuff, increased healing + curer'er'er, increased mana regen, increased debuff. If I had to choose a single priest with mag/mag/enc I would have gone druid
CLR = type1 hpbuff, increased healing + curer'er'er
BST = type2 hp buff+atk, increased DPS, focused & group paragon will be really nice, this is a very good option IMO but you are still missing type1 hp buff...
PAL = type1 hpbuff, type2 hpbuff, probably outheals shaman with aurora line.... past SoD in UF you get splash cure which is a big deal for raids

Personally id strongly consider PAL -or- BST, if you plan 6box raiding i'd go PAL, just grinding doing easy group stuff BST will make that all faster and be the best +dps +adps option

I know you asked about a healer type, but I can't box without having a bard. 100% need a bard!
Oh wow, I glossed over there wasnt a bard, I just assumed there was.... how is there not a bard...

Bard is the class to add
In SOD...
+ Gruber's Lively = big mana+hp pump, mana usage so different with this
+ mana regen song/aura
+ Arcane Arietta = +proc dmg on casts
+ Talendor's Aria= +dmg on all fire spells
+ Storm Blade = +proc dmg on melee+pets
+ overhaste = on melee + pets
+ group travel with solid/reliable group movement+invis

Even with an enc... brd will up that groups DPS more than anything else as it stacks with the enc twincast and other caster benefits
If you do indeed need that 2nd priest then drop a mage for the brd, your overall dps and quality of life will be better

ah I had a bard main and I swapped to sk on that account and totally spaced.... Your points about 6 man raiding (which I would like to do) and the importance of cures does make me wonder now though.....

Discussion - Mage pumper group 6th spot tossup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back