• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Mage pet discipline aa (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,215¢
I have a new FTP Mage and thinking of spending his 250 AA, what do you guys think of the Pet Discipline AA line? If I recall, it leads to the point where later ranks allows you the caster to have the pet, and swarm pets to not only fight the first mob on aggro but then also fight more than one mob on aggro list (until the swarm ones poof). In theory to me, it seems like its a lot of extra DMG I should go for, but its a LOT of AA to get to that rank..26-30 AA or more? I don't know where to check to see the AA cost for this. Just going off fuzzy memory from doing an older ftp mage. Your guys thoughts? I did buy the Pet suspension one where it gives you (on rank 2 or 3) the ability for your pets to receive the beneficial group buffs.

I have a new FTP Mage and thinking of spending his 250 AA, what do you guys think of the Pet Discipline AA line? If I recall, it leads to the point where later ranks allows you the caster to have the pet, and swarm pets to not only fight the first mob on aggro but then also fight more than one mob on aggro list (until the swarm ones poof). In theory to me, it seems like its a lot of extra DMG I should go for, but its a LOT of AA to get to that rank..26-30 AA or more? I don't know where to check to see the AA cost for this. Just going off fuzzy memory from doing an older ftp mage. Your guys thoughts? I did buy the Pet suspension one where it gives you (on rank 2 or 3) the ability for your pets to receive the beneficial group buffs.
autogrant with a krono at 110 goes a LONG WAY these days - any way you can swing that?

250 aas is really really hurtful

autogrant with a krono at 110 goes a LONG WAY these days - any way you can swing that?

250 aas is really really hurtful
Yes.. in time. I am not great at 'super leveling', so 110 is likely a bit off for me still...therefore not Krono cookie for those guys yet. If I get some easy to do things to level them up in time for using the current XP Bonus, I will happily let them have a Krono for AA joy. In the meantime.. its a slow bit of leveling for me. Might hit 80 by the weekend.

Yes.. in time. I am not great at 'super leveling', so 110 is likely a bit off for me still...therefore not Krono cookie for those guys yet. If I get some easy to do things to level them up in time for using the current XP Bonus, I will happily let them have a Krono for AA joy. In the meantime.. its a slow bit of leveling for me. Might hit 80 by the weekend.
Just give your 110 mage a Shivery Earring of Summoning (Non-prestige-TOV). Get all your regular spells and do /mac hunterpet or /mac hunter (i forget the command) with a ini from resources here in House of Thule or Shard Landing and baby sit for 2 hrs a couple of times over the next 3-4 days...you should have 2-3 mil easy in diamonds, blue diamonds, and trademats you can /barter for a Krono

As far as the pet aa's that'll depend if you're going to limit yourself to 250 aa's i'd get utility stuff (COH, etc...) to help your team...if you're going to duo/solo Sic's right you're not going to get good mileage out of that mage

Question - Mage pet discipline aa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back