• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - MacroQuest Won't Load (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,564¢
I can't get MacroQuest to login. There is no running client for be to unload. No MacroQuest can or will load for me. It says if you try and it doesn't load to keep trying. I've been trying all afternoon since the servers came back up, but no luck. I would greatly appreciate any help of any kind. Thanks. I'm new and just started running RCMercs, So far I have loved it. I hope I am able to continue.

When I try to update VERY Vanilla it says an instance of Everquest is locked type unload in each client and try again. But There are no Macroquest clients running on any of my EQ accounts, /unload isn't a valid EQ command. And MQ2 and Everquest have to be aon the same update before MQ2 will run. I'm running a Mini PC with 128 Megs of RAM Windows 11 and The Latest Direct X, I can check the graphic card. Everything was fine until this update. But It's a pretty sweet little machine. I'm not sure what to do. I've tried reloading Very Vanilla, Reinstalling it. This is where I'm at. Sorry.

When I try to update VERY Vanilla it says an instance of Everquest is locked type unload in each client and try again. But There are no Macroquest clients running on any of my EQ accounts, /unload isn't a valid EQ command. And MQ2 and Everquest have to be aon the same update before MQ2 will run. I'm running a Mini PC with 128 Megs of RAM Windows 11 and The Latest Direct X, I can check the graphic card. Everything was fine until this update. But It's a pretty sweet little machine. I'm not sure what to do. I've tried reloading Very Vanilla, Reinstalling it. This is where I'm at. Sorry.
did you try rebooting?

did you try rebooting?
I honestly don't know how to unistall MQ2 if that is what you mean Rebooting. I have been using the Everquest launcher just Very Vanilla and MQ2 and RCMercs and a couple more after I get logged into each account. I kind of liked choosing my groups that way. Of course I would Rebppt Very Vanilla if I weren't afraid of taking something wrong out manually and screwing something up.

Thanks everyone. I rebooted the computer and I uninstalled and reinstalled The RedGuides launcher. And the two were my fix. I'm sorry if I seem slow to understand. I had a stroke two years ago. The entire reason I came back to Everquest was to do the menial questing I hated to try and rebuild some Neuro Pathways. No new language or anything else has stuck. I always hated questing. I figured to offset that with the game but there isn't always grouping. I've been loving Very Vanilla and RCMercs as my first program. But I still struggle with some of the most practical of things. It's very frustrating. For instance I wanted to build a Guild Hall. I wasted hours looking for the "Marketplace" that sold Writs. I even posted on the EQ forums where I'm pretty sure they think I'm insane by now. But it's so frustrating not being able to figure things out especially, after the fact when they occur to you. Those simple reason skills I just lost. Anyway thanks eveyone you can take this thread down now. MY Macroquest Loads fine.

That’s what the forums are for.

I knew a doctor once who, after a stroke, could not find where his desktop icons were if they moved. It was a huge source of frustration for him, even if he was the one who moved them. Things had to move into long term memory before he could make use of them. Brains are weird.

Thanks everyone. I rebooted the computer and I uninstalled and reinstalled The RedGuides launcher. And the two were my fix. I'm sorry if I seem slow to understand. I had a stroke two years ago. The entire reason I came back to Everquest was to do the menial questing I hated to try and rebuild some Neuro Pathways. No new language or anything else has stuck. I always hated questing. I figured to offset that with the game but there isn't always grouping. I've been loving Very Vanilla and RCMercs as my first program. But I still struggle with some of the most practical of things. It's very frustrating. For instance I wanted to build a Guild Hall. I wasted hours looking for the "Marketplace" that sold Writs. I even posted on the EQ forums where I'm pretty sure they think I'm insane by now. But it's so frustrating not being able to figure things out especially, after the fact when they occur to you. Those simple reason skills I just lost. Anyway thanks eveyone you can take this thread down now. MY Macroquest Loads fine.
Robren, you're doing great, I'm sorry to hear about your struggles, but i commend you for continually working on yourself, I'm sure sometimes it feels overwhelming

since a reboot and/or reinstall worked, i'd recommend checking if your AV is quarantining MQ/RG/EQ files, it is one of the most common reasons people have problem updating/running.

As far as eq goes and some of their implementations of things - I hear ya --- you having a stroke isn't the reason trying to get a writ was so tough - EQ has just done a shit job explaining some things, and the game relies heavier than it should on 3rd party sites/forums/guides.

Do not worry. We are here for you! :)

i'd recommend checking if your AV is quarantining MQ/RG/EQ files, it is one of the most common reasons people have problem updating/running

Also this ^^^. AV can be a real headache. (AV = Antivirus)

Problem - MacroQuest Won't Load

Users who are viewing this thread

Back