• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - MacroQuest release party! (1 Viewer)

Nice work there everyone!

Party Fun GIF by Solar Impulse

RedGuides is proud to announce the official release of MacroQuest, which we're now using as the base for Very Vanilla.

View attachment 36890

A few years ago, the most experienced developers in our community got together over a shared realization that MacroQuest2 needed help. It was a codebase that had been spliced together by people of different skill levels and competing visions since 2003, and any serious attempt at modernization would require a near complete rewrite. However, they were bound by thousands of user macros and plugins that needed backwards compatibility, and on top of that, they didn't have access to the full source code. A large and tedious portion of the job would be figuring out what was missing.

After three years of daily commits and a few painful slogs with tech behind the scenes, brainiac, Knightly, dannuic, alynel and exspes have given us MacroQuest: a modern scripting platform that's light, fast, and easy to maintain. You may not notice any changes initially, except that everything runs smoother and more stable. However if you look a bit deeper you may notice a few benefits, such as...

All the ini, yaml, and cfg files for every piece of software on RedGuides are now in the same place: the "config" folder.
View attachment 36881

But you won't be visiting that folder very often, as you can now change settings in the GUI: /mqsettings
View attachment 36875

We've also been granted a proper console, like most games released this millennium. ctrl + ~
View attachment 36873

Which leads to some useful options,
View attachment 36874

Sic outlines these, and many other new features in his MQ video here,

RedGuides staff urges you to switch over now by grabbing the latest launcher, which ChatWithThisName outlines below.

Developers will notice the biggest changes: professional quality code, manageable third party libraries, Lua scripts, and many more as Knightly summarized here.

And if you're the type that enjoys looking under the hood, you'll be happy to know that MacroQuest is once again a free and open source project. For the first time in seven years I have access to our source code, and you do as well. My most exciting years running RedGuides were back in the open source days and I'm eager to get back! 🙌

If this were a corporate project in Silicon Valley, it would have cost in the high six to seven figures. When I asked brainiac about his motivation to spearhead this purely as a hobby, he said his greatest desire was to see everyone use the platform as a sandbox, to experience all the unique things people create like MAUI and Lootly. So the best way to pay the dev team back is to open up Visual Studio and unleash your creativity.

Congratulations to the MacroQuest dev & test team: brainiac, Knightly, dannuic, and everyone who helped and tested over the years.

And congratulations to the entire EverQuest playerbase, as you're about to experience a software renaissance.

Thank you guys, been using it for a little bit now and it is amazing.

This is great motivation to finally move over from legacy. Thank you everyone for everything that you do!

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Since I came back to Everqwuest back in 2018, I had a great deal of trouble of getting groups (since all my toons were under level 70). So I made a couple of other accounts and tried to manually box them....After an exasperating and frustrating week of grouping, learning mercs, and litterally smashing three keyboards I discovered first ISBOXER. Tried for a few months and was a bit tedious. But it did ease the manual boxing. Then quite by accident I discovered Red Guides. After the misleading script of having to "compile" the launcher and learning kissassist. Wow talking about doors, windows and garages opening up to a better gaming experience (almost when in Karnor's Castle back in the day or grouping) was exhilarating and exciting. So without further (sniff) ado...THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GIVING US A BETTER EXPERIENCE IN EQ.
Tipped Brainiac (Please share as appropriate to other Devs...sorry it wasnt more, wifey gives me "THE LOOK". -

I know I rarely post but I just wanted to say that I really appreciate all of you and all that you do for those of us that are unable to do such wonderful things for ourselves. TY ALL AGAIN great work ))

what changed? when I do a Zone guide path, my toon no longer runs there. how does one activate this again?

from the > Functions and Features <

mental notes:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
3. new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
5. /yes and /no are now aliases !yes and !no if you need them.

Super excited to get back in on the fun soon and this is some serious icing on the cake! TYVM to all the hard work and dedication from the DEVS!

RedGuides is proud to announce the official release of MacroQuest, which we're now using as the base for Very Vanilla.

View attachment 36890
Instructions on downloading the new MacroQuest are here, and migration to the new MQ is discussed here.

A few years ago, the most experienced developers in our community got together over a shared realization that MacroQuest2 needed help. It was a codebase that had been spliced together by people of different skill levels and competing visions since 2003, and any serious attempt at modernization would require a near complete rewrite. However, they were bound by thousands of user macros and plugins that needed backwards compatibility, and on top of that, they didn't have access to the full source code. A large and tedious portion of the job would be figuring out what was missing.

After three years of daily commits and a few painful slogs with tech behind the scenes, brainiac, Knightly, dannuic, alynel and exspes have given us MacroQuest: a modern scripting platform that's light, fast, and easy to maintain. You may not notice any changes initially, except that everything runs smoother and more stable. However if you look a bit deeper you may notice a few benefits, such as...

All the ini, yaml, and cfg files for every piece of software on RedGuides are now in the same place: the "config" folder.
View attachment 36881

But you won't be visiting that folder very often, as you can now change settings in the GUI: /mqsettings
View attachment 36875

We've also been granted a proper console, like most games released this millennium. ctrl + ~
View attachment 36873

Which leads to some useful options,
View attachment 36874

Sic outlines these, and many other new features in his MQ video here,

RedGuides staff urges you to switch over now by grabbing the latest launcher, which ChatWithThisName outlines below.

Developers will notice the biggest changes: professional quality code, manageable third party libraries, Lua scripts, and many more as Knightly summarized here.

And if you're the type that enjoys looking under the hood, you'll be happy to know that MacroQuest is once again a free and open source project. For the first time in seven years I have access to our source code, and you do as well. My most exciting years running RedGuides were back in the open source days and I'm eager to get back! 🙌

If this were a corporate project in Silicon Valley, it would have cost in the high six to seven figures. When I asked brainiac about his motivation to spearhead this purely as a hobby, he said his greatest desire was to see everyone use the platform as a sandbox, to experience all the unique things people create like MAUI and Lootly. So the best way to pay the dev team back is to open up Visual Studio and unleash your creativity.

Congratulations to the MacroQuest dev & test team: brainiac, Knightly, dannuic, and everyone who helped and tested over the years.

And congratulations to the entire EverQuest playerbase, as you're about to experience a software renaissance.

I downloaded the update that came across now I can't use my follow, says I am not connected, I use very vanila, you all talking about stuff I don't even use, I keep it basic so I can get on, I use RGMERC macro, that is all, and I can't even get this thing to connect, can anyone tell me what is up, YES I type the /plugin mq2eqmc2, and the /bbcmq connect thing and nothing

I can't use /rgstart on RGMERC, anyone please toss a hand

Last edited:
I saw Redbots message about this yesterday but I was a bit tired, so I did it now. Logged off my guys and rebooted, was so happy to see the new Launcher install, and when it popped up, it gave me such an inner smile. Thank you to all who have worked on this, you guys bring a lot of joy to a lot of people.

I saw Redbots message about this yesterday but I was a bit tired, so I did it now. Logged off my guys and rebooted, was so happy to see the new Launcher install, and when it popped up, it gave me such an inner smile. Thank you to all who have worked on this, you guys bring a lot of joy to a lot of people.
gratz redfrog, any idea why /rgstart command doesn't work?

gratz redfrog, any idea why /rgstart command doesn't work?
Hey Thehub,
I don;t use it atm, but I have in the past, RGMercs is great, one of its requirements is a lot of plugins to be loaded. Its possible during the transition something got turned off, go to the RGMercs mac page and go down each plugin you need to make sure they are on. If you use MQ2Pluginmanager its easy to see what is on and off. Another possibility, go look in your new launcher if you see it needs to be updated or reinstalled in the Macros tab (I had to reinstall 2 macs with installation of the new launcher). Also maybe try re running the /mac rgmercsinstall you normally only have to use that once, but this is a big change over.

Hey Thehub,
I don;t use it atm, but I have in the past, RGMercs is great, one of its requirements is a lot of plugins to be loaded. Its possible during the transition something got turned off, go to the RGMercs mac page and go down each plugin you need to make sure they are on. If you use MQ2Pluginmanager its easy to see what is on and off. Another possibility, go look in your new launcher if you see it needs to be updated or reinstalled in the Macros tab (I had to reinstall 2 macs with installation of the new launcher). Also maybe try re running the /mac rgmercsinstall you normally only have to use that once, but this is a big change over.
Thank you sir got it wrote down for next time

/bccmd connect
/bccmd set autoconnect on
/mac rgmercsinstall

do this on each guy and BAM works good thank you thank you

Congratz dev team! And great team work around the professional customer centric announcement here that explains what has been done and why.

Been using MQ Next (now just MQ) for a few months. Really love it. It has been flawless from the start. Outstanding walkthroughs / videos. So easy a caveman can do it! Love the frame limiter feature. Sincere thanks to the Devs!

1642208245645.png

This is such awesome news! I don't know exactly what it all means, or how it will impact the community, but anytime mismatched code of various skills from nearly 20 years ago gets completely reworked by the best and brightest the community has to offer I can't help but jazzed about it.

MQ2 was closed source previously, but who had access to it? Was it a mystery key holder? I thought it was open source until I read it wasn't today. It's a shame they couldn't be involved in reworking this whole thing.

I look forward to playing with the new MacroQuest, it sounds exciting!

so for the macroquest there is no test folder and i dont know now i would get my old files off the old mq2

i have a file path for live but i dont play live only test

so for the macroquest there is no test folder and i dont know now i would get my old files off the old mq2

i have a file path for live but i dont play live only test
Unfortunately, there is no current test build of any flavor, and it may be several more weeks +

This is how i felt watching how smooth all this runs :DDDDDDD

good job yall.
it has been a long time comming that all this happened. congrats and i am sure plazmic would approve of all this SHARING of information !!!! may his project/dream live on.

IRL - MacroQuest release party!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back