• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Luck benefit (1 Viewer)

RedCents
6,229¢
Has anyone done any testing to see how much the new "Luck" attribute effects DPS? Does having 100% luck really help in a significant way or is it not worth the time to max it out?

It's fairly huge. If you search your log for "Lucky" You'll be rather shocked at the number of instances. It's well worth maxing out imo.
But how much bigger are the luck hits vs non-luck hits? I'm thinking dgc made luck display prominently during logging in order to hype a new stat. It would be interesting to see comparitive parsing using the same gear with higher and lower luck values. With a new expansion on the horizon set to increase the level cap and current era gear nearing its end-of-life, I don't find it a good personal investment of my time trying to grind out the drops needed to do the synthesizing and burning loyalty points for the consumables.

Old post that Sancus wrote regarding Luck stat:

Luck works in buckets of 10. The benefits of luck are constant within that range. That means having 1 luck is the same as having 9. Having 32 luck is the same as having 39.

With 1 to 9 luck, 45% of your critical hits are lucky critical hits. With any luck >=10, 50% of your critical hits are lucky critical hits. The critical damage added by luck is a random roll between a minimum and maximum crit amount as shown by the table:
[IMG]

As an example, let's say you have a 400% crit damage modifier, cast a 10,000 damage nuke, and have no other modifiers. Normally it'd do 10,000 damage on a non-crit and 50,000 on a crit. With 50 luck, on a lucky crit, the minimum damage you could do would be 53,000, and the maximum would be 53,500. Any value between those values, inclusive of them, is possible.

The DPS Increase numbers are based on a Magician at a 100% crit rate. It varies significantly depending on crit rate.

Old post that Sancus wrote regarding Luck stat:

Luck works in buckets of 10. The benefits of luck are constant within that range. That means having 1 luck is the same as having 9. Having 32 luck is the same as having 39.

With 1 to 9 luck, 45% of your critical hits are lucky critical hits. With any luck >=10, 50% of your critical hits are lucky critical hits. The critical damage added by luck is a random roll between a minimum and maximum crit amount as shown by the table:
[IMG]

As an example, let's say you have a 400% crit damage modifier, cast a 10,000 damage nuke, and have no other modifiers. Normally it'd do 10,000 damage on a non-crit and 50,000 on a crit. With 50 luck, on a lucky crit, the minimum damage you could do would be 53,000, and the maximum would be 53,500. Any value between those values, inclusive of them, is possible.

The DPS Increase numbers are based on a Magician at a 100% crit rate. It varies significantly depending on crit rate.
Awesome! Over the course of a named fight that could be very significant indeed.

Sancus posted about Luck stat in ToV. It seems there was a nerf.

It looks like the scaling of luck was nerfed with ToV's launch. Up to 30 - 39 it's the same as it was, but after that bins have about half the increase they had before (+2 or +3%, rather than +5%). 40 - 49 is now 22 to 27% critical damage, rather than 25 to 30%. 50 - 59 is now 25 to 30%, rather than 30 to 35%. 60 - 69 is now 27 to 32%, rather than 35 to 40%. Here's what that looks like in chart form:

[IMG]
If it continues scaling at this rate the max luck in ToV (110 luck) will be 33% to 36% critical damage, less than the 35% to 40% achievable in TBL.

If they continued the scaling from TBL, they wouldn't be able to put higher luck stats on the ToV gear without also giving players crazy good crit bonus. They want to have bigger numbers on the new gear so that the addicts we have to go out and grind for upgrades, but they also want to control and dampen the end result. They do this all the time, everything new is cool and good so that you'll buy it on release, but months later they realize it made the content less difficult so they subtly nerf the living eff out of it.

Holy Thread Bump Batman..
Searched, this was the only luck thread I could find. I does anyone know what luck tops out on now a days? I was reading threads that there are diminishing returns after a point. One thread said luck was maxed out at 180, but it was an old thread. I currently have 219 with a couple luck augs banked I need to fuse. I read that it basically increases luck checks in 10 luck increments. I just don't if luck has scaled the past few expansions since TBL or if it topped out and it's a wasted chase for more luck. Anyone have any incite?

Question - Luck benefit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back