• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - LS You Can't Hit Them From Here (1 Viewer)

RedCents
24,873¢
I haven't seen this discussed yet so apologies if so, but...

In multiple Laurion Song zones - Unkempt Woods quite a bit - mobs get engaged and then locked in some "Untouchable" zone where PCs can't do anything but pets are still damaging.

Only way I can resolve is to feign/back off pets, move back a bit and wait for mob to path to me.

This has wiped me several times in multiple locations with multiple mobs.

Is this a known thing or just a spot I've gotten into?

this is a known eq issue in this expansion, so its really just a waiting game till they wanna do somehting about it-

What sic said.

From my general experience it only happens when the mob is on a hill or uneven area. Try and move the mob to flat(ter) ground and you should be okay. Super annoying regardless.

Threw a cheap "Can't Hit" alarm - in case my attention wanders. Only fires once every 5 seconds, so won't spam.

Lua:
local mq = require("mq")

local last_message = os.time()

print("\aw Monitoring for \atCan't Hit\aw messages.")

local function event_canthit()
    local since = os.time() - last_message
    if (since > 5) then
        last_message = os.time()
        mq.cmd('/beep')
        print("\ar Can't Hit.  \awBetter fix.")
    end
end

mq.event('event_canthit', "#*#You can't hit them from here.#*#", event_canthit)

while(true) do
    mq.delay(100)
    mq.doevents()
end

Pretty sure this happened in OMAD this last few days. Was a slight hill and we could not hit the mobs at all and there were 3 of them so not like we didn't have a choice lol

Most EQ zones. Anything hilly. Underfoot, SoD RoF just a few I’ve seen it in this week. Obnoxious.

I have experienced it also on relatively flat terrain in Heros Forge. It is so strange because the visual representation on all screens shows the mob above ground in a normal way but it is as if he is in the terrain and cannot be seen or hit. I have tried using things like Grappling Strike to see if I could pull him out but it doesnt seem to work.

The only thing is if I can move him some distance but many times he wont budge an inch for awhile and only after constant movement around will he seem to get into a good place at random basically. It is very frustrating.

I have noticed you have to taunt them and move the non-hittable mob a few steps then it becomes attackable again. Though Pets usually keep it rooted in place, so its not as easy as it sounds. It particularily happens on slopes.

Problem - LS You Can't Hit Them From Here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back