• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Looting problem (1 Viewer)

Wurmdal

RedCents
980¢
Hello, i don't know if it's the right forum. I have a problem. I'm in Nobles' Causeway. I've killed a Bazu Smasher get a faceted moonstone, but i cannot loot it. MQ2Autoloot said "accepting a no drop item", but i'm having a message "you're not allowed to loot the item : faceted moonstone". Does it ring a bell to someone ?

Hello, i don't know if it's the right forum. I have a problem. I'm in Nobles' Causeway. I've killed a Bazu Smasher get a faceted moonstone, but i cannot loot it. MQ2Autoloot said "accepting a no drop item", but i'm having a message "you're not allowed to loot the item : faceted moonstone". Does it ring a bell to someone ?
were you there for the kill? you might need to right-click on the corpse to get "eligibility credit" to loot.

there are also some eq issues atm with items if multiple drop - did it drop more than 1? (i don't think i've heard it do more than 1)

were you there for the kill? you might need to right-click on the corpse to get "eligibility credit" to loot.

there are also some eq issues atm with items if multiple drop - did it drop more than 1? (i don't think i've heard it do more than 1)
No there was only one. I was there for the kill and my master looter gave it to one of my berz, who got the message.
Do you mean that my berz should right click before my master looter act ?

No there was only one. I was there for the kill and my master looter gave it to one of my berz, who got the message.
Do you mean that my berz should right click before my master looter act ?
by "were you there for the kill" i mean "was the toon who is trying to loot the item and is receiving the message there for the kill and has "eligibility credit" for it.

if your zerk doesn't have eligibility credit, it needs to right click the corpse before it can loot something

by "were you there for the kill" i mean "was the toon who is trying to loot the item and is receiving the message there for the kill and has "eligibility credit" for it.

if your zerk doesn't have eligibility credit, it needs to right click the corpse before it can loot something
Ok, you mean my SK killed him alone ? That my zerkers didn't have time to hit him ?

I've killed the Bazu for the second time : same problem. I've tried looting with my SK (masterlooter): same problem. I don't understand.
"i tried looking with my SK"

?
you should be trying to loot the item on your berserker, either by the masterlooter assigning it to your berserker, or by the berserker looting it directly.

consider just killing it with your berserker, 0 outside help, solo (not in group) and see if your berserker can loot it then.

"i tried looking with my SK"

?
you should be trying to loot the item on your berserker, either by the masterlooter assigning it to your berserker, or by the berserker looting it directly.

consider just killing it with your berserker, 0 outside help, solo (not in group) and see if your berserker can loot it then.
After trying to loot with my two berz, i've tried with the SK. I will try what you say tomorrow. Thx for your answers.

My recollection is that you must complete 1.5 before you can loot the lamp and the moonstone. I ran my mage of just out of curiousity and it allows the moonstone to get into the personal loot box of the UI but then states; You are not allowed to loot the item: Faceted Moonstone.

My recollection is that you must complete 1.5 before you can loot the lamp and the moonstone. I ran my mage of just out of curiousity and it allows the moonstone to get into the personal loot box of the UI but then states; You are not allowed to loot the item: Faceted Moonstone.

Yes, you're right. Now that i have finished the 1.5, i could loot without problem.Thx :)

Ok, sorry for the thread bump but I searched and this is the only relevant thread I could find.
This has happened to me twice today in the Unit Anniversary mission. The first time it was a poison sac drop so I just ignored it. Second time it was the Copper Flecked Geode of Adroitness. My group was there for the kill. Autoloot was working the whole mission for pages etc. I awarded the item to my bard, it went to his window. It wasn't reded out as he was there for the kill. I got the message You are not allowed to loot this item. Copper Flecked Geode of Adroitness.
You may not loot that item from this corpse.
After being frustrated I just clicked the X leave on corpse option.
Then I tried to loot the item the old fashioned way with the normal loot UI...same message.
The rest of my group then tried to loot and got the same message, so no one was able to loot the corpse, all were there for the kill in a locked instance.
I had the item drop earlier and my SK looted it.
The fact that this bug happend on a Venom sack tradeskill Rog item makes me think it has nothing to do with the item off the named.
This seems like an EQ bug, members in the group are running MQ2Eskay, MQ2Beast, MQ2Rog, MQ2Shaman, MQ2Berserker, and bard is running /kissassist. autoloot was turned off so I could assign loot
I have been chain running the missions /kickp task after an hour and getting a new mission to farm the named. But I was able to loot through the hour of trashing killing for exp and pages so I'm not sure why it would wait for this kill to not let me loot.

I "MIGHT" have figured out the issue. I think I sent the loot to a character and before they looted it on their end I /kickp task so by the time they looted it on their end they no longer had the quest running and that might have caused them not being able to loot? Might not be it, but maybe?

I "MIGHT" have figured out the issue. I think I sent the loot to a character and before they looted it on their end I /kickp task so by the time they looted it on their end they no longer had the quest running and that might have caused them not being able to loot? Might not be it, but maybe?
that would definitely prevent looting. Do not be hasty with /kickp commands and make sure everything you want is looted.

emphatically yes :p

Fresh task, toon was in zone when mob died and in range of kill. None in raid were able to loot. Even changing looters in raid window, turning advanced looting off. When targeting corpse and /loot or right clicking the corpse would bring up the item trying to be looted but. You may not loot that item from this corpse. Multiple times occurred 3 separate raid tasks 2 chests rotted since no one able to loot anything even after waiting the 15 min bug period we encounter at times. 3rd dz I killed yard trash to go through setting changes but still the same result.

Edits -
Open world loot works, going to try another fresh dz and see what happens :f5::f5:

1650778597046.png
still no go, hrmm

Last edited:
Question - Looting problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back