• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Looking for my 4th box (1 Viewer)

RedCents
670¢
Hello,

I'm new at this and been using Vanilla only for my boxing. I have a monk, shaman, and mage. I'm thinking of adding a tank. Which tank would be the easiest to employ in a 4 box? I'm hoping to do NOS in Shadow Haven or PD soon. Do I really need a tank or maybe add a BL ?

Thank you.

Hello,

I'm new at this and been using Vanilla only for my boxing. I have a monk, shaman, and mage. I'm thinking of adding a tank. Which tank would be the easiest to employ in a 4 box? I'm hoping to do NOS in Shadow Haven or PD soon. Do I really need a tank or maybe add a BL ?

Thank you.
When you say "been only using Vanilla" for boxing, what do you mean? Are you not using the tools that Level 2 provides, aka - RGMercs, KissAssist, CWTN resources?

My advice - Do a full group of 6, if your PC can handle it. You will thank me later. Tank driver, 5 automated tools. In your case, I would go with SHD driver, SHM heals, BRD CC, MNK, MAG, ROG. Very well-rounded group since you already had some to start. The resources are all pretty good, with the top-of-the-line CWTN plugins. Worth every single penny.

When you say "been only using Vanilla" for boxing, what do you mean? Are you not using the tools that Level 2 provides, aka - RGMercs, KissAssist, CWTN resources?

My advice - Do a full group of 6, if your PC can handle it. You will thank me later. Tank driver, 5 automated tools. In your case, I would go with SHD driver, SHM heals, BRD CC, MNK, MAG, ROG. Very well-rounded group since you already had some to start. The resources are all pretty good, with the top-of-the-line CWTN plugins. Worth every single penny.
I'm not using KissAssist. My three guys are doing whatever my /dge hotkeys that I have on my monk. I pull with munk, and I have a /dge for my mage and shaman to assist me, then I have a hge hotkey for my Priest (shaman) to slow the mob (or multiple slows) and then I have a /dge for both pets to attack, then my /dge for my mage to cast 4 nukes, and another hotkey for 3 AAs. I have a /hge for shaman buffs, and one for /hge mage buffs, damange shield. Thats all I do and everything is going good so far. I do know that when I press a hotkey, I have to let that one finish its action before I can click on another. I want to add a tank to what im doing.

I'm not using KissAssist. My three guys are doing whatever my /dge hotkeys that I have on my monk. I pull with munk, and I have a /dge for my mage and shaman to assist me, then I have a hge hotkey for my Priest (shaman) to slow the mob (or multiple slows) and then I have a /dge for both pets to attack, then my /dge for my mage to cast 4 nukes, and another hotkey for 3 AAs. I have a /hge for shaman buffs, and one for /hge mage buffs, damange shield. Thats all I do and everything is going good so far. I do know that when I press a hotkey, I have to let that one finish its action before I can click on another. I want to add a tank to what im doing.
by the way, I love this vanilla for what im doing with it. it makes things so much easier

Isn't a SK a bit harder to box cause of all the AAs? I think If I do an SK, I would have to have him as the main and then have the monk as a box?
You could do that or just really spend time on the DPS and AGRO section of your kissassist for that character.

I ran an SK with a chanter as the puller that I manually controlled to carefully break up the pulls with pacify line and pull with tash and slow.
When they get to the group they are tame and if they hit the chanter she had tons of runes if the runes break it mem-blured or mezzed automatically. If it was really bad she has self-stasis which gives the tank time to get agro.
For my dps I had a ranger head-shooting and a Zerker decapitating then a healer and bard or someone I was leveling.

Edit: oh I just saw that you don't run kissassist. Belay my last! BTW kissassist really helps once you get used to it.

by the way, I love this vanilla for what im doing with it. it makes things so much easier
Well, good for you if it makes you happy. There isn't any less risk though, just might make it less obvious in open zones. A lot of us, take advantage of the automated tools at our disposal, and if you want to make the leap, just ask. We will help.

Well, good for you if it makes you happy. There isn't any less risk though, just might make it less obvious in open zones. A lot of us, take advantage of the automated tools at our disposal, and if you want to make the leap, just ask. We will help.
So if I added a SK, would I be able to kiss assist him to be the tank while I'm operating the mage and shaman from my monk? or do I need to operate the SK? Would I be able to pull with the monk and bring him to the group and kissassist will activate with SK tanking? Maybe I don't understand what Kissassist is

So if I added a SK, would I be able to kiss assist him to be the tank while I'm operating the mage and shaman from my monk? or do I need to operate the SK? Would I be able to pull with the monk and bring him to the group and kissassist will activate with SK tanking? Maybe I don't understand what Kissassist is
Yes.

If you run kissassist in tank mode on your SK (/mac kissassist tank) it will hang out at your camp and whenever something is on xtarget and within 60 yards of camp, it will run up and tank it.

Kissassist is an easy to use “bot” that allows you to define how you’d like your characters to behave under certain conditions, including agro management, dps orders, and healing.

I am going to give you some advice that was given to me, by one of the most knowledgeable members of this community. The myth, the man, the legend - Sic.

1 Driver toon, preferably your tank. Control everything from him with the automated tools at your disposal, hotkeys, etc. He will be in control. The rest follow your lead and directions. I fought change when I first came back. 1st toon - MNK. 2nd toon SHM. See the trend? I learned the hard way, after fighting it for a long time, and now I am hooked for life.

Read up on the resources available. KissAssist, RGMercs, CWTN Plugins. They make your life easier.

Hello,

Thank you.
sk or pal (can rez) in that circumstance imo

Question - Looking for my 4th box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back