• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - looking for a better way (1 Viewer)

RedCents
10¢
Hi all, I am an old EQ player that quit and returned several times. I am currently playing on Xegony, and have several accounts both old and newer. I usually box 3 accounts on 3 laptops and alt tab on 4th acct. I am looking for a much simpler and frankly more efficient way to do it. I also play with several friends off and on so I want the ability to drop accts and add live players into my group. I watched the VV and Kissassist videos and Noobhaxor said to say he sent me here. Do I need to be level 2 in order to download and try the software? I will more than likely be a level 2 but want to make sure it works for me. I have sifted thru some of the forum posts, and am still undecided on my groups final makeup. Do any of you have more than one group set up? And can you do this with VV so you can switch to the other group if you want to level them or the makeup is better suited to the content you want to try? I have been playing a lvl 101 Warrior, 99 chanter, 95 wizzy, and have basically every class available in the mid to upper 80's. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thankyou in advance.

Hi all, I am an old EQ player that quit and returned several times. I am currently playing on Xegony, and have several accounts both old and newer. I usually box 3 accounts on 3 laptops and alt tab on 4th acct. I am looking for a much simpler and frankly more efficient way to do it. I also play with several friends off and on so I want the ability to drop accts and add live players into my group. I watched the VV and Kissassist videos and Noobhaxor said to say he sent me here. Do I need to be level 2 in order to download and try the software? I will more than likely be a level 2 but want to make sure it works for me. I have sifted thru some of the forum posts, and am still undecided on my groups final makeup. Do any of you have more than one group set up? And can you do this with VV so you can switch to the other group if you want to level them or the makeup is better suited to the content you want to try? I have been playing a lvl 101 Warrior, 99 chanter, 95 wizzy, and have basically every class available in the mid to upper 80's. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thankyou in advance.
Howdy Jizmo, and welcome to redguides. You will need to be lvl two to download VeryVanilla and all that jazz.

I have a video in my signature that is worth watching as a demonstration of some features.

and we have some great starter installation videos HERE
Our DISCORD is very active and we are frequently helping each other write new macros, or edit existing ones, or work on conditions for kiss or just chat about eq stuff in general. come hang out!

Hi and welcome Jizmo,
VV can do a lot of different things...if I understand the things you are currently doing can either all be done on one computer or kept spread out on the different ones just as you have now. You can control all accounts from one computer. No tabbing needed. Live players added or dropped at will and your own characters added back in at will or they can even continue to help outside of group while a live player is with you. The setup is however you want.

I used to play like you, and with the help of VV and Kissassist I almost only ever look at one screen and alt tab occasionally. I do this all on one PC. Its actually easier to do it that way unless perhaps you only have a really old pc (even then it's probably just RAM that needs upgrading).

The only thing I would say about grouping with live players is that it can be a bit obvious you are using a macro. "Manual" boxers always have a bit of delay between characters moving, casting, assisting etc, but using a macro will allow them to do it simultaneously, which would look a bit dodgy.

Movement can also be a bit suspect, try as hard as we can to make them look natural, bots always move a bit jerkily compared to real players. This mostly affects melee, since casters are too lazy to move usually!

Like many I started with 3, then added one at a time, and now I have two full groups and some extras too.

Normally macros will use the group they are in and the MA that is set as indicators of what to do, who to assist etc. I regularly rotate characters in and out of my groups. VV has a plugin called MQ2AutoLogin that makes launching whole groups easy.

Hello and welcome. I am pretty new here as well. I started with kissassist and still use it on some of my toons but have also been using IHCMercs which you can find here on this site. IHCMercs does a great job with the toons it has been written for. Kissassist is great for the ability to customize. I run an SK with kissassist and my CLR, SHM, BER and BRD with IHCMercs and another SK is my main and the window I usually have active with some /melee edits. There are also plugins people have made for some of the classes but I haven't tried any as I am really happy with my current setup. IHCMercs will adjust to your toon levels provided you keep up with spells and tomes. Kissassist needs a lot more attention but is a lot more customizable. The follow me button makes the /follow in EQ really feel like 1999 compared to 2019. There are some commands to type but you can make buttons to do that the same way you make macros and you can even automate your group forming. Also check out the auto login features of VV. I log in 6 accounts with a single click using it. I started alt tabbing in 2001 and can't believe I made it this long doing it.

Question - looking for a better way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back