• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Locking up screen (1 Viewer)

RedCents
82¢
ok, so has anyone had trouble with one of there account locking up after they zone into a zone. and it being locked up for like 1-2 mins? i mean it zones in i see my toon move a little then it just locks up but only 1 account is doing it out of 4 any thoughts on this? thank you.

ok, so has anyone had trouble with one of there account locking up after they zone into a zone. and it being locked up for like 1-2 mins? i mean it zones in i see my toon move a little then it just locks up but only 1 account is doing it out of 4 any thoughts on this? thank you.
I would double check that your UI files are updated, and if they are you might want to delete/rename your current UI_dude_bro.ini in your everquset folderand let eq recreate it and see if it clears up.
I've spoken to several folks after the recent UI updates eq made that had semi-similar issues related to their ui and/or ui_dudebro.ini

I had this. The culprit was the guild roster. Because *reasons* one of the guilds I have chars in has WAY too many characters in it (most have been inactive for years) and I happened to leave "show offline" checked and display "100 per page". Come to find out, the EQ client reads the guild roster every time you load a zone (or reload your UI). Uncheck show offline and reduce it to show 20 per page and see if that works.

I had this. The culprit was the guild roster. Because *reasons* one of the guilds I have chars in has WAY too many characters in it (most have been inactive for years) and I happened to leave "show offline" checked and display "100 per page". Come to find out, the EQ client reads the guild roster every time you load a zone (or reload your UI). Uncheck show offline and reduce it to show 20 per page and see if that works.
ok i will give that a shot to thank you!

I know this thread is from a year ago, but yesterday and today, my screens keep freezing or MQ crashes on a couple of my toons and I have to reboot. seems to be happening every few minutes right now. I updated everything from the startup window, but still no luck. Anyone else having these issues, and if so, how can fix?

Thanks in advance

Are you in the lobby with the lag pile? My comp completely gives up and shuts off when I try to run in there. I also used to freeze up, similarly to @Many_Whelps's issue with the guild tool, if someone had sent me an in-game email with too many addresses

Question - Locking up screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back