• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Level 80 raid gear targets? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
550¢
Looking to twink out a group of level 80 alts. They're current in Elegant Defiant and CoA raid gear. Look for some targets that my main group of 120s could knock out easy for my alt team to get some upgrades. Any suggestions?

Looking to twink out a group of level 80 alts. They're current in Elegant Defiant and CoA raid gear. Look for some targets that my main group of 120s could knock out easy for my alt team to get some upgrades. Any suggestions?
TBM group gear is better than Elegant defiant and can be easily bought with the tradeable currency you find in the Bazaar.

Since your group is at level 120, you can easily farm selected raids up to the COTF era. We've been doing VoA and RoF raids with one group easily. The nice thing about those raids is that they award raid currency! Best of all, you'll have fun doing them since the mechanics can be challenging on some of the raids. Last night we did the plane of shadow raid which can probably be done with a group of 115's.

https://youtube.com/live/N_sNqiubsYA

Named farming in Feerrott or House of Thule lower level will get a bunch of Abstruse armor. Group stuff and not raid stuff, but really easy to get a bunch of it quick.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'm not in any hurry to power level this group of alts to 120. Eventually, they'll get up there, but just enjoying the regular grind and having some pit stops along the way to have them experience some twink gear fun :)

Ritual of Terror has a mechanic that requires 4 clickies be used in certain areas within a few seconds of each other. Not ideal for boxing, but it is doable. The rest of it is totally free. Just kill mobs until bosses spawn. Kill bosses.

Tick Tock is really easy. There is a 'kill order' in each room, but there's only 4 mobs in each room and you have plenty of time to just stop for a second and make sure in between each room. I soloed this with a 115 ranger easily, so it's just free loot ---Very Important Note--- The chest at the end needs to be lock picked. Zam says you can't use Archaeologist's Automated Antiquity Analyzer, but I'm fairly sure that's exactly how I got into it.

Unfortunately the step down in gear means the next best raids to T1 HoT aren't nearly as good. Underfoot was a no level increase expansion at 85 and all(?) the raid gear was req 85. So you have to go back to SoD raids to have any other raid options for level 80. A full year gap in gear means the gear is quite inferior to HoT raid gear. The being said, T3 SoD raids and prior are all req 80 or lower gear. All of the T3 SoD raids were ranger soloable at 110, but one does have a balance mechanic which is a little annoying with todays DPS.

There is one catch with Tick Tock.

You cant even request the raid unless you have completed Ritual of Terror.
I've done it and ALWAYS avoid ritual of terror lol.. That ones a pain in the butt.. at least to cheese it brute force style.. doesnt work.. tick tock much easier..

I think req's for tick tock is just the missions from T1 HoT in Feerott and HoT lower..

I've done it and ALWAYS avoid ritual of terror lol.. That ones a pain in the butt.. at least to cheese it brute force style.. doesnt work.. tick tock much easier..

I think req's for tick tock is just the missions from T1 HoT in Feerott and HoT lower..
I agree with Tick Tock being the GoTo T1 house of Thule raid. It's so fast to run through it and the worst part is probably the skeleton room and boxed toons having trouble going through the invisible walls. But the easiest HoT raid has got to be the T2 tree stump raid in the grounds! Love that raid!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'm not in any hurry to power level this group of alts to 120. Eventually, they'll get up there, but just enjoying the regular grind and having some pit stops along the way to have them experience some twink gear fun :)
At this level the easiest raid you can do for your level 80 alt team is the Malarian Queen raid in The Temple of Bertoxxulous. It's the first RAID in SoD and the mission and quest required to request it are quick and easy. The raid drops RK3 spell runes and unlocks spells at the vendor in the Void. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4727

Last edited:
Ritual of Terror has a mechanic that requires 4 clickies be used in certain areas within a few seconds of each other. Not ideal for boxing, but it is doable. The rest of it is totally free. Just kill mobs until bosses spawn. Kill bosses.

Tick Tock is really easy. There is a 'kill order' in each room, but there's only 4 mobs in each room and you have plenty of time to just stop for a second and make sure in between each room. I soloed this with a 115 ranger easily, so it's just free loot ---Very Important Note--- The chest at the end needs to be lock picked. Zam says you can't use Archaeologist's Automated Antiquity Analyzer, but I'm fairly sure that's exactly how I got into it.

Unfortunately the step down in gear means the next best raids to T1 HoT aren't nearly as good. Underfoot was a no level increase expansion at 85 and all(?) the raid gear was req 85. So you have to go back to SoD raids to have any other raid options for level 80. A full year gap in gear means the gear is quite inferior to HoT raid gear. The being said, T3 SoD raids and prior are all req 80 or lower gear. All of the T3 SoD raids were ranger soloable at 110, but one does have a balance mechanic which is a little annoying with todays DPS.

I agree with Tick Tock being the GoTo T1 house of Thule raid. It's so fast to run through it and the worst part is probably the skeleton room and boxed toons having trouble going through the invisible walls. But the easiest HoT raid has got to be the T2 tree stump raid in the grounds! Love that raid!

At this level the easiest raid you can do for your level 80 alt team is the Malarian Queen raid in The Temple of Bertoxxulous. It's the first RAID in SoD and the mission and quest required to request it are quick and easy. The raid drops RK3 spell runes and unlocks spells at the vendor in the Void. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4727

Oh yeah, casters get their Rk3 twincast in those SoD raids.. and very accessible..

In regards to the T2 tree stump raid, I don't remember it personally.. what are the req's for it? I always wanted to go back and do some of these older raids.. and build a bit of automation to make them boxable..

I did a bunch UF raids recently trying to get to TFC as it was the only one not beaten in era. Started in convorteum but after 2nd event found I needed to flag my whole group to activate the next. (Killed those first 2 easily, HT finished first in 3-6seconds and the next took some effort/time due to punting into lava) so I went back, did cooling chamber solo, then looted their flags, started to do cliknar raid 1 but quit. Next day went back and queen was available due to lootlockout from trash(silly but handy), after queen I did brells trial of deconstruction, easy solo as long as you understand mechanics. Had plenty of time(15min limit). Go west, kill wave, go east and do the clockworks/turning, then go back and kill the other 2 waves. Get extra flags doing these too if want more. And apparently some runes are still useful for some classes(never upgraded) like a couple for bards and maybe a cleric? Idk.

Once flagged can get a LOT quickly as it's simple to get double chests and each raid is worth 10-20aas from achievements for those not done before. Some zones you'll have to campfire in even with flags due to other requirements (brells trials I had this)

That said, all the SoF raids are easy and are max lvl 80gear. Haven't tried SoD but also 80 gear- bit it's not ready to wear. I have a max raidgeared lower level SK(70s) for PLing I did years ago in SoF raid and fabled and seeing all the rotting drops in my UF trip I'm debating moving her up a few levels to use it. UF is 85 iirc. SoF is 75 and 80, and SoD is 80. Just use raidloot.com if you're serious about raidgearing them and then check into the mechanics. Many can just be zerged and ignore mechanics, totally solo, but as I said in UF, CV requires"several" to activate at least 1 event and min 6 alive in zone at all times to keep another from resetting.

Oh yeah, casters get their Rk3 twincast in those SoD raids.. and very accessible..

In regards to the T2 tree stump raid, I don't remember it personally.. what are the req's for it? I always wanted to go back and do some of these older raids.. and build a bit of automation to make them boxable..
For the Roots of Evil T2 raid in HoT, you need both T1 Raids which means Ritual of Terror and Tick Tock. In addition, you need partisan and the group mission in the grounds. The hardest part is the Ritual of terror raid, but if you can get through that, the tree stump is yours! https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5280

One of my 120 toons has the kill achievement for Tik Tock and the Grounds, but doesn't have Ritual Terror. Would he be able to request those with missing Ritual Terror?
The problem as I remember, you may be able to request the raid for everyone, but then only those who are flagged correctly will be able to enter.. Thats what happened with our guild the first time we tried the Tick Tock one.. a bunch had to go back and do those missing quests/mission from HoT lower.. so there probably will be a minimum progression requirement even to enter the raid.. and then the actual raid progression to even request it..

The problem as I remember, you may be able to request the raid for everyone, but then only those who are flagged correctly will be able to enter.. Thats what happened with our guild the first time we tried the Tick Tock one.. a bunch had to go back and do those missing quests/mission from HoT lower.. so there probably will be a minimum progression requirement even to enter the raid.. and then the actual raid progression to even request it..
Yea, luckily my main team has all the group progression done. As for my lowbie alt team, I was able to campfire them into the TikTok raid instance for loot.

Question - Level 80 raid gear targets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back