• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Level 2 acess (1 Viewer)

Fyrepheonix17

Drama Llama
RedCents
138¢
Is there a better way to keep level 2 access. I really love the program and I want to be able to participate more in threads but I barely ever have time to do much with my newborn being sick all the time. Any helpful advice or tips that might help a stay st home dad out would be appreciated. I mainly play on test server as it's free and the community is amazing.

What is your current way?

The ways I know:
  • pay
  • passively through your RedCent giving (get 4 Redcent per day)
  • actively through your contribution (informative posts, making macros/ini, funny posts work too)
  • or beg. Use the baby for begging. I say this partially in jest

Keep an eye on the forums whenever you have time, help if you can. I started just like you. This is my Redguides story. I paid my way at first. Then I started learning how to edit the code. It was frustrating at first, learning how it all worked and didn't work. Like any language the more I studied the more it made sense, I still don't know it all, but kept at it. Then I took the passion I had for my druid and saw how rgmercs was running it and said to myself "why did they do that I never played my druid like that", it cooks through the mana like dust in the wind. So I started thinking how I can make it better, how can I get rgmercs to play the druid the way I would. I almost gave up, error after error, but in the end my dps build replaced the one that was being used. Now I'm working on a F2P dps druid. At the beginning I started with no :rc and after 1 year now have 600 and a cool creator cape. Begging isn't needed, all it takes it to contribute, help, or make some changes to make a class better, and the :rc will come. :mystery:

There are always good articles, guide etc on these forums. Even if your not deep into making code or things like that you can still contribute. I usually click "what's new" at the top during lunch or coffee. If I see something that sparks my interest then I click it and usually give it a red cent. But then again I have gone a couple days without giving out any red cents. Just nothing sparks, I guess.

I have done a few guides that were pretty basic but got some good responses. Don't be shy. I have seen players post little "how I leveled" or "Found this place to go" and get awarded red cents.

In other words, you can give and get red cents. Give them to posts you find useful. This in turn earns you a small amount daily.

Make a post of interest and this will earn you more red cents. Unless the person awarding it thinks you deserve a taco or something. Have never figured that one out. Can I spend Tacos somewhere?:confused:

Is there a better way to keep level 2 access. I really love the program and I want to be able to participate more in threads but I barely ever have time to do much with my newborn being sick all the time. Any helpful advice or tips that might help a stay st home dad out would be appreciated. I mainly play on test server as it's free and the community is amazing.
easiest way is to load RG on your phone, and be active daily,
give advice,
congratulate ppl that deserve it,
give out your daily redcents.
Add helpful advice.
Under Hail a fire beetle, tell a funny story about what happened in your EQ time. Tell a Helpful one, Hell just tell a EQ story, alot of ppl will redcent you for it.

tad over 2 years ago i started RG, i just paid my sub for a year then decided to start being active. I help ppl build INI.s i give advice, i help out with anything i feel i can contribute even a little to. I give out my daily redcent almsot every day (miss a day here and there) for new ppl i sometimes give them a free month of RG.

It all adds up

Just so you know. Giving out a redcent does not take one from yours in fact it gives you one and the person you gave one too gets ten!

One useful post made can net you a month or two of level 2 But with just giving out your alotment everyday you can get level two each month and help

I have noticed since I have been more active in posts that people are red centing my comments and I have since last night gotten 3 months worth almost 4 months worth of red cent which I am so thankful for and I'm trying still to be active while my little girl is sleeping for now which is never long

I have noticed since I have been more active in posts that people are red centing my comments and I have since last night gotten 3 months worth almost 4 months worth of red cent which I am so thankful for and I'm trying still to be active while my little girl is sleeping for now which is never long

Just sent you 2 months worth to add to your sub. Enjoy and GL in your Everquesting :)

Edited for compliance:

A good way to earn redcents is to create useful INI's for people to use with the various macros on the website. If they're useful, it tends to be a gift that keeps on giving. If you contribute enough tangible materials to the community it eventually creates a passive redcent income which you can then use to keep yourself afloat.

Question - Level 2 acess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back