• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Level 2 access (1 Viewer)

jsr09

RedCents
170¢
I'm curious about Redguides. I'm on a pretty dead server so mostly box across multiple pcs. I recently just purchased a high end gaming pc and would love to box on 1 computer, but concerned as to how efficient redguides is and also how exactly i download it. Keep getting an error that say not level 2?

Need level 2 to keep MQ2 upto date, Vindi gave you a free month and then you can pay for more, it is pretty cheap. Or if you help out on the forums people can give you credits for useful posts and you can use that to buy yourself more months for free.

There are lots of different things to run, like MQ2 is the stuff that makes it all work, but then there are various different macros to automate characters and each one is different in terms of how much cpu and ram they use. But I use Kiss11 which is one of the biggest macros and I am managing to run 36 boxes on my pc just fine. I have a Ryzen 3600 (not overclocked). The main thing is ram, I have 32gb of ram and it uses about half of that when I'm logging in. It settles in time to be a bit lower. There are lots of things you can do to improve EQ's efficiency though, in game settings and various MQ2 plugins. There are some free ones and then one you can buy called MQ2eqwire which makes a huge difference. But they are all good.

It can be a bit overwhelming when you first start but if you are happy to look up various guides it is fine and if you take your time it is pretty easy. Just don't try to get everything automated on day one, build it bit by bit and it is pretty easy. It can even get quite fun to tweak your setups to be perfect. The video guides are really good and there is tons of info on this forum too. I have some guides that might help.

Last edited:
Question - Level 2 access

Users who are viewing this thread

Back