• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - LDoN / DoN macro? (1 Viewer)

EvilKing

RedCents
231¢
Sooo... I'm playing on Rizlona, PoP was released about a week ago, and im wonderring... next expansion up is LDoN... I'm dreading to run 400+ LDoN's just to get my charm maxed and to get all the augs needed.
So my question is, is there any already made macro's for running LDoN's ? Or would it be hard/possible to make one?

Thanks in advance for your help, whomever you may be :P

i dont know of LDoN macro scripts or plugins already made.

There are things out there that do other things around instances.

Its a long time since I looked at anything LDoN related. But going from the archive of memory the building blocks would be something like:
  • Travel to the LDoN base camp
  • Talk to the NPC for task / instance pick up
  • Travel to instance zone line, and zone in.
  • Do instance activity (infer kill many mob type instances)
  • exit instance
  • - repeat -

Some more modern instances are talk to the npc to pick up the task, and say "ready" and you get ported into the instance by the npc.
For the LDoN, there is more running around.

The dealing with instance activity will also require some pre-planning. Its harder to think of a generic for all instances idea. Probably a specific instance type from an instance faction, and work that forward. I mean, to get a specific map, and then plan a strategy to move around that map, and deal with mobs / traps that are encountered. If do it in a structured approach, then there could be lots of re-use of code as do further instances.

On the live code, there is a bit of a quandry for approach.
If the team is using CWTN plugins for combat routines, the driver of the above 5 steps could be written in macro script.​
On other hand, if KA / RG macro scripts are used for comat routines, then would need a plugin to drive the 5 steps.​
This is owing to only one macro able to run at a time, and not obvious how to hand off, hand back, control between dungeon runner and combat routines.​
Plugin on the other hand, hasnt got this limitation and could drive the dungeon runner, and work with either macro script or other plugin combat routines.​

If look at Next code instead, not something Ive experienced, then it adds the Lua scripting to the mix as well.
Of which the dungeon runner could be written in Lua script and use existing plugins or macro scripts to do the comat routines as desired.​

Thats my initial thoughts on this.

Regards and Best Wishes

Sooo... I'm playing on Rizlona, PoP was released about a week ago, and im wonderring... next expansion up is LDoN... I'm dreading to run 400+ LDoN's just to get my charm maxed and to get all the augs needed.
So my question is, is there any already made macro's for running LDoN's ? Or would it be hard/possible to make one?

Thanks in advance for your help, whomever you may be :P
I think @cannonballdex have some

I think Cannonballdex is working on something related to this, they appeared on the site briefly but I guess they're not finished or he's not ready to share. Stay tuned I suppose?

I can't remember if it was the code from CWTN above that I looked at before, but one way to do them on the kill 60 mobs style missions for example would be to get everyone in zone and then do a hunter mode on your tank with group on chase.

Here's some old code, which I shared with cannon. This will try to face roll the ldon though, so probably not the best option in era.

Haha, what do you mean by try to faceroll? :P I've got a pretty decent group setup and have been facerolling all content upto and including PoP , will shortly start farming PoTime with my guild so ... Elaborate please :P
Also running : War, Cler, Ench, Bard, Mnk, Rog. Have the option to switch out any of the chars with a ranger and/or a shaman.

Well, it's going to run into rooms without consideration for you or your health, it'll drag the entire group with them, it will attack stuff till it's dead and then once mission is done it will leave, run back, get another one, and then repeat. At least, that's what it did when I wrote it like 3 years ago?

Not sure if it works or not at this point. But head to takish adventure camp and turn it on to find out I suppose.

Well, it's going to run into rooms without consideration for you or your health, it'll drag the entire group with them, it will attack stuff till it's dead and then once mission is done it will leave, run back, get another one, and then repeat. At least, that's what it did when I wrote it like 3 years ago?

Not sure if it works or not at this point. But head to takish adventure camp and turn it on to find out I suppose.

Haha, awsome, still 2months and 2 weeks ish until LDoN releases on Rizlona , but i am looking forward to test it out.
Also It only works in Takish? None of the others?

Question - LDoN / DoN macro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back