• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Launchpad unable to run (1 Viewer)

RedCents
52¢
Anyone else getting the launchpad unable to connect ?
I get it all the time. I know i am connected, i have other toons logged on .
tried with kiss assist on and off......

REboot and Defrag? kidding although... have you tried turning it off and back on again? Seriously when you get this sometimes your Launchpad ini file is corrupt so you need to backup your eq directory, remove Launchpad.exe and reinstall the eq client, it will refresh that and keep all your other settings and fix your problem. You can also load up Launchpad and try a "file check" in the options menu but that seldom fixes this. You have a corrupted eq base file.

launchpad hates connecting once you have a handful of toons in the game.

method 1) learn and use the -patchme shortcut. It doesn't save username / passwords so you'll have to memorize / store them

method 2) use mq2autologin. you enter usernames / passwords / toons (into groups if you like) and launch eq directly from mq2.

(I blew off setting up autologin and then got tired of waiting on loading screens. I set it up in about 10 minutes and have been kicking myself for not doing it sooner. In my opinion it's right up there with EQBC for "this makes life smooth" functions)

method 3) i believe I have overheard that isboxer has "log me in" functions but I don't use it and could be wrong.

The mq2autologin is beyond simple right now.

1) Right click on the mq2 icon in the system tray.
2) Under profiles, select create new.
3)
profile set:Groupxxxxx <- this divides your characters into groups. I have a group1, group2, and a misc. Razkle probably has a group1 - group202.
login: Your account login id. What you put into everquest to log into the game
password: Your password duh. Its saved in an encrypted file, so its all good.
server: Short server name such as vox. There is a list of them around somewhere. You can see it in your MQ2 ini files for mq2melee and other stuff(not kissassist), they are the format shortservername_charactername.ini
character name: The character name to log in
EQ Path: Browse to the path where everquest is installed. Usually \users\public\sony online entertainment (or daybreak for newer installs)\installed_games\everquest

Now save it.

To add other characters in the group, the easiest way I have found is to edit the one you have finished, and change the account and character. Save. Repeat.

Once a character is added, you can launch the character by right clicking the mq2 icon in the server tray, under profile, find the character, and click. Off you go. Even better, the top option above the character names, LOAD ALL, will load the entire profile. Instant group loaded, no mess no fuss. 10 minutes to set up, hours saved.

Tech - Launchpad unable to run

Users who are viewing this thread

Back