• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Laptop that plays Wow well. (1 Viewer)

D

Don't Panic

I am looking into getting a Laptop and it would be nice if it could play Wow and other games. I am on a limited budget (looking for things under 1500$) and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

I built this Hp pavilion onlinne and I think it looks pretty good but I do not know much about computers. I am looking at Hp laptops right now because I can get a 12% discount on Hp's.

Hp Laptop

As you can see I can still spend a bit more money on that laptop. I do not know what to upgrade though so if I could get some advice on what to upgrade to help Wow run better I would appreciate it.

Also if anyone has any suggestions on other computers that might be better that would help too.

Thanks in advance.

Phawww.. apples. Who would want to play wow on a piece of fruit. I actually looked into getting an apple but I think it was either have a car/gas or an apple laptop. I went with the car :) . From what I hear though apples run windows and games better than Pc's.

They cost the same as Dell really.

If you compare parts to parts.

Spec out the exact same box and it is only slightly higher from apple.

I would wait for a few weeks however to get the Duo 2 CPU's.

I have the 15inch powerbook and I installed windows XP and play WOW and EQ on it all the time.. it works great.

You get a vote for Mac laptops from me. I use a Powerbook G4, it plays very well and I can take it everywhere. Graphics on my kids Alienware PC are better, but not by much.

Allright thanks for the advice. I'll take another look a some apple laptops and see what I can find.

Well I like hp myself. In fact, I'm using an hp right now. It's not a laptop but of all the labtops I've ever had my hp was the only one I never had any real problems with when playing video games.

Last edited:
Careful - There are some (quite a few) limitations on the software and hardware you can use on apples (if you didn't already know).

E.g. if you want wireless internet, you need a piece of hardware which recieves / sends the info to ur laptop. The only one which works for a Mac is the Apple made one and it costs at least twice the cost of a perfectly decent one made for the PC.

That is not true anymore.

That was only true before Apple switched to Intel.

Anything that works with Windows XP works with them now.

I would suggest a Toshiba. They are excellent for gaming and have plenty of space. The screen has good lighting etc. And I never have lag problems even in Ironforge while playing WoW. Sure that might be because of the internet connection but I prefer to think of it as my labtop. :D I use a Satellite Toshiba, here is a link to a selection of Satellites ALL under 1500 and some 700 and less. http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/cfam.to?seg=HHO&coid=-26377

Great thanks for everyone's replies. The information was very helpful

Should I stick with one that has XP Pro on it? I would rather stick with XP Pro for work as all the programs I need for work are still very buggy with Vista.

Anyone have any luck with a Asus Laptop?

I want to stay with dedicated memory not shared correct if possible?

Last edited:
For Gaming you want a dedicated GPU, yes, not one that uses system memory.

XP Pro is less resource intensive so on a laptop, its probably beneficial to stick with it. Unless you have >4GB of RAM then I'd say stick with the 32 bit install.

BTW Grats on necro'ing another 2+ year old thread.

:(Well I guess its not that hard to do since the 8th thread down on the FIRST page is over a year old. I am buying a laptop so I read the topic and figured what the heck. Not much traffic on this board anymore I guess.

Thank you for the info anyway it was very useful

Laptop that plays Wow well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back