• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Kissassist vs Muleassist: Which is better (1 Viewer)

i have used both - if your just starting up use kiss - then as you get comfortable - look at what mule has extra to offer and see if it fits what your play style is

From my (limited and recent experience), what I have seen is

Kiss Advantages
  • much better ini library
  • more suited for driving the maintank/manual guidance
  • better for bard
  • better support?
Mule advantages
  • cleaner condition syntax (that's what initially drew me to it)
  • chaseon seems better, both follows tighter and gets lost less on poor meshes
  • better suited for 100% automated play (I run into several edge cases when running around and doing mission)

I started with mule about a month ago, but think I'm going to switch to Kiss.

Last edited:
How does Mule cope with offensive healers? I use KA for everything but my Shm/Dru seem to spend most of their time casting heals then cancelling and not doing much dps.

Sorry, it's probably 2 years since I used MuleAssist. In general, I try to stay with quick heals and Interventions so they process through the [Heal} section quickly. Then in the [DPS] section use Contraventions. Also in KA they added a setting that allows you to stay out of [Heals] for a minimum amount of time so that your [DPS] section has some time to process. HealInterval=3

How does Mule cope with offensive healers? I use KA for everything but my Shm/Dru seem to spend most of their time casting heals then cancelling and not doing much dps.
If you have 1 priest chances are they will be mostly healing. If you have two just set the heal hp on the secondary healer very low. I use a Cleric and Druid, my Druids heals are all set for 60 so he primarily does DPS.

If you are only using the 1 priest and want more DPS you can always weave healing spells in to your DPS section and leave the healing section for emergency heals at low hp.

Example

DPS3=name of healing spell|99|MA

I have a DPS setup for my Cleric when doing trivial content that is set up like this and it works well.

Can't speak on muleassist haven't used it.

I will act make another suggestion too you. If you plan to start a very new crew, I would go with Rgmercs. You don't have change the ini every 5 or 10 levels that you wish to do. Just a simple plug and play

After you level up, then swap over. I like KA, I just feel like sometimes it just goes "wonkey" I'm sure it's user error on my part. I will say, I've started swapping in Rgmercs in on another group, so far its going very well.

I haven't used MA, so I wouldn't want to offer any advice on that.

Either way, you'll figure out what works best for you.

Happy Hunting!

Sorry, it's probably 2 years since I used MuleAssist. In general, I try to stay with quick heals and Interventions so they process through the [Heal} section quickly. Then in the [DPS] section use Contraventions. Also in KA they added a setting that allows you to stay out of [Heals] for a minimum amount of time so that your [DPS] section has some time to process. HealInterval=3
Wow that heal interval could change everything for me. Thanks!

Question - Kissassist vs Muleassist: Which is better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back