• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Kissassist Melee (Directional Issues) (1 Viewer)

Wingedvillain

RedCents
84¢
Hey Guys,

I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing an issue with melee characters or typically toons that snaproll etc etc having direction issues when boxing. My characters about 30% of the time appear to be stuttering\having seizures at which then I will have to make the EQ window active in order for them to fix themselves. This also keeps the melee fighters from being able to face and get attack the target (Kinda of like strafing back and forth really fast). This also happens occasionally when using a "//moveto loc ${Me.Y} ${Me.X.} ${Me.Z}" type macros.

At first I thought it was a FPS background/foreground issue so I disabled all add-ons limiting frames and went 60/60 but same results.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thats MQ2FPS it helps cpu load by reducing frame rate on toons. the stuttering is like you only see every 5th frame drawn instead of every frame. your toons do not appear that way to other players

If you have a big or gamming rig that can handle the frame rate without lagging tour toons
/plugin mq2fps unload

Thanks for the quick response, however, I am currently six boxing so I can physically see the other melee toons not doing any damage.

I have already unloaded the MQFPS2 as that was my initial thought as well, but resulted in the same issue. Secondly, I went to the premade Kissassist.ini section on the forums and also compared my .ini file to the ones on there hoping to find something that is out of wack but I "think" everything is ok.

As I mentioned above it only happens about 30% of the time depending on where the mob spawns or is pulled to but, I have actually had my group wipe when both tank and rogue had the issue and wouldnt turn and face the target.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated and thanks for your hard work!

in the options window do you have it set to unlimited for FPS ? if so actually make it 60 or 80 on the one up front and 30-40 on the one in the background *there are 2 settings for it* I had a similar issue and was told that could fix it and it did

I had the same issue before I started using innerspace(isboxer) - seems it was something with my melee chars not getting enough CPU time. Mind you I was already using wineq2 with eqplaynice, so I think it was the CPU affinity stuff with isboxer that helped. I actually struggled with it for quite a while, almost stopped playing all my melee chars b/c of it.

Anyway, the way I have it setup in is boxer is as follows (i7 with HT enabled):

char1 = 1, 2
char2 = 3, 4
char3 = 5, 6
char4 = 7, 8
char5 = 1, 3
char6 = 5, 7

I find chars 5 and 6 run better using 2 physical cores instead of doubling up on a single physical/logical core like the others.

Well good news and now tested about 6 hours with no errors\issues!!! I did all of the above and everything now works perfectly.

I think the main issue for me was with the WinEQ\EQplaynice free versus ISBoxer Pro and setting the CPU time as Kutsuu mentioned above. I remember the last time I came back to EQ I was using ISBoxer pro and never had problems, so Wineq was the only thing new.

Once again, thanks for ALL your help and the quick responses! Great Support + RedCents to you guys!

As for myself, I never had MQ2fps loaded. Have always had good experience with EQplaynice frame limiting (still using it), but eventually noticed I was getting really uneven use on CPU cores which led me to isboxer. I'm sure it's not the only way to set CPU affinity, though.

Question - Kissassist Melee (Directional Issues)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back