• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - KISS deteriorate over a few hours lately (1 Viewer)

shifter

RedCents
Just curious why KISS, or IHC, or MQ2, what could cause them to deteriorate for me? its not just my main pc. exact same thing happens on my laptop. I first set up a full group. All is good. After an hour or two things just start to go sideways. Cleric starts spazzing out a bit. Puller stops using his pull spell. Tank just kinda stands around. If i reset them its fine again for a couple of hours. This is all recently. I have left my group going for a solid week in the past. Like, a month ago. Cant even let it go overnight anymore.

Any advice on this would be appreciated!

howdy Shifter,

Sorry you're having issues.

Can you articulate a little more about "cleric starts spazzing out a bit" and the other stuff?

Is this something you can recreate - or watch while it happens?

by reset do you mean just restarting kiss?

you said kiss deteriorates - are you using kiss or ihc on your toons?

yes i can recreate it. and cleric is on ihc. will just start spamming merciful remedy non stop and not switch to anything else. will not rez. will not do anything but spam. rest of tunes are on kiss. tank is a SK. will just stand there and its spells will be greyed out, kind of like what a bards gem bar looks like when they twisting, only nothing is casting or even in the process of casting. i cant interrupt it. i have to log out completely on the SK to reset it. and yes i mean restart IHC and restart kiss and things go back to normal. i am also wondering if running innerspace can create any problem with kiss? some strange things happen like account names with character names get crossed up. im tempted to do a full wipe and start from scratch but wanted to ask here before such extreme measure. thanks for anything and thanks for the hard work on this kiss. its truly brought so much fun to me

I've loaded an group, all running KA and let them run over night. No issues. Try changing your background fps to 30 on each toon and see if that helps.

been running 2 groups non stop since patch with no problems , running KA and mq2berzerker. So doubt MQ2 or KA is your problem. that leaves IHC or Innerspace. Since you have already noticed problems with innerspace see how things run with out running innerspace at the same time. you don't need it anyway.

Yeah this sounds like a FPS/CPU setting or related issue since it is across various toons and macros.

Is it mainly the "background" screen toons that are messing up? I've had similar issues where background toons either lag in response, repeat events or overshoot their navigate destination because they aren't getting enough FPS/CPU cycles.

If that sounds like the issue, the best fix is to buy a copy of eqmule's MQ2eqwire plugin. It completely turns off the graphics use of background toons. This makes them respond much faster and generally run better. On one old clunker desktop, I could previously only run 2 EQ toons due to a weak CPU/GPU. With eqwire, that same comp can now run a 6-man group. You buy a year license and can DL it to all your comps. You do need to re-update the plugin after each MQ2 patch though. *** I think this the most recommended license purchase on redguides, followed by chat's zerker/rogue plugins.

You can try playing around with your EQ game/ini settings via tips in this CPU/Memory/GPU thread. You can improve performance quite a bit, but it won't compare to what eqwire can do.

Even with eqwire, on really weak computers, I tend to run a PullerTank and leave that as the frontscreen toon. If I don't, the weak CPU/GPU cycles will have the tank react slower and the melee toons will grab aggro and pretend to be tanks temporarily.

yes i can recreate it. and cleric is on ihc. will just start spamming merciful remedy non stop and not switch to anything else. will not rez. will not do anything but spam. rest of tunes are on kiss. tank is a SK. will just stand there and its spells will be greyed out, kind of like what a bards gem bar looks like when they twisting, only nothing is casting or even in the process of casting. i cant interrupt it. i have to log out completely on the SK to reset it. and yes i mean restart IHC and restart kiss and things go back to normal. i am also wondering if running innerspace can create any problem with kiss? some strange things happen like account names with character names get crossed up. im tempted to do a full wipe and start from scratch but wanted to ask here before such extreme measure. thanks for anything and thanks for the hard work on this kiss. its truly brought so much fun to me

Where on the planet do you live and what server are you playing on? I’m completely unconvinced this issue has been resolved with any of the above. We need much more information. If you’re playing in Malta on AB server, maybe. But if not, we need more information.

InnerSpace and Kiss are happy together, no conflicts. However, the name swapping does happen to me as well. Load ISBoxer and export profile to all computers to correct that issue. I haven’t figured out why that happens yet.

I’d like to see a plug-in list from you. I would like to see computer specs. I would like to know your computer knowledge level in general.

Maskoi and his kissassistant Ctaylor22 are the authors of KissAssist, thank them for their hard work, not us.

g - im not like computer illiterate but im not a programmer either. i know my way around. windows 10pro. east coast usa 1gig internet. live server. gtx1080. 8th gen i7. 16g ram.

i have decided to eliminate this through my old school way of things and have wiped everything starting fresh. i will run 24 hours without innerspace. i will then add innerspace. i think i will try eqwire as that makes sense for afk work. i like innerspace to see everything. i dont know how to put a hud of all my toons onto one screen.

i have wiped innerspace and the files it has created in the past due to similiar issues and been fine for a while and here is what i notice: say for example i have 6 toons loaded. if i log out of a toon still in an innerspace window and log into a completely different account and toon, i think innerspace is creating some kind of stupid file. that OR if i sold a tank but want to name my sk the same name but on a different account (i have done this quite often and one thing i have noticed...when i built a new toon with my old mages accounts toon name, the mage account was somehow linking to my other account inside innerspace. again im no programmer at all but i feel confident in that the problem is coming from innerspace and that it is somehow related to switching accounts and toon names. this most recent trouble started after getting rid of a warrior account and keeping that warrior name on a different toon on a different account.

if all that sounds completely stupid i apologize. im not a skilled computer guy. just observation is what makes me think its this. i will reply with my findings in about 48 hours and thank you to everyone offering thoughts and suggestions.

No apology needed, just getting a feel for issues. With those specs, it's almost certainly not your PC hardware as the problem, unless in EverQuest you have things like shadows and other graphics turned on. At this point, 70% sure it's a config setting that's borked. Back up, wipe, do as you say and add one element back at a time until it breaks again.

InnerSpace and MQ2EQWire don't get along quite as well as every other thing and InnerSpace. If you only use IS for window management and launching, it's good. If you use repeater and video FX, those WILL be break as long as EQWire is on.

update - fresh everquest install, fresh kiss install, not using inner space at all, purchased and was using eqwire instead, the issue with SK did happen again while i was asleep, about 12 hours into a run. so, his spell gems just grey out as if he were casting, but no casting was happening. so his pulling was just non stop run to mob run back to group without every casting a spell to actually pull. i mean i guess not really supposed to be afk'ing for that long anyhow so its whatever at this point. if im the only one this is happening to than noone should waste their time on it. but now i know it was not innerspace.

update - fresh everquest install, fresh kiss install, not using inner space at all, purchased and was using eqwire instead, the issue with SK did happen again while i was asleep, about 12 hours into a run. so, his spell gems just grey out as if he were casting, but no casting was happening. so his pulling was just non stop run to mob run back to group without every casting a spell to actually pull. i mean i guess not really supposed to be afk'ing for that long anyhow so its whatever at this point. if im the only one this is happening to than noone should waste their time on it. but now i know it was not innerspace.

the spell lockout is an EQ bug afaik, fixed by attempting to cast an AA spell i think. eqmules version of kiss has a stuckgem fix in it, no idea if kiss11 has it.

As for the other stuff more info maybe help, i use ihc on cleric and had no issues really with previous or current release like you describe. Anyway you can see what is being spammed in the mq2 window from the ihc macro when cleric is spamming the spell and doing nothing else? also if you changed to the new version of ihc, maybe revert and see if it occurs or vice versa.. update to new. in saying that, i haven't run ihc mac for more then maybe 12 hours without interaction on my cleric, but 12 hours never had an issue.

Yeah as Rooster mentioned, the grey spell gem lockout is an EQ bug. You can manually fix it by using an insta-cast AA ability or try eqmule's mod which will auto-detect the grey-out and cast an AA from your ini to cure it.

The grey-out is sometimes caused by item clickies in your ini. If you're using any, try removing them.

Problem - KISS deteriorate over a few hours lately

Users who are viewing this thread

Back