• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Kiss - Aggro Tools (1 Viewer)

zatxwoopyoax

RedCents
65¢
So Ive spent the day today racking up loads of AA and tweaking my ini's as I go. I had never used the Aggro section of KA, but thought I would give it a go. I added Aggro values for my Bard, Shaman, Mage, and Necro. I followed the instructions in the kiss manual, but alas, they aren't working on any of the toons.

Here is the Bard's:

Rich (BB code):
[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
Aggro1=Fading Memories|20|>
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL

Necro:

Rich (BB code):
[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
Aggro1=Harmshield|90|>
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL

Mage:

Rich (BB code):
[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
Aggro1=Cloak of Shadows|20|>
Aggro2=Shared Health|30|>
Aggro3=Elemental Ward|25|>

My main problem is the instance I run. I kill a single mob and that spawns anywhere from 1 to 4 adds. They typically aggro on the Bard since he's in the middle of them, is signing songs, and immediately is trying to aoe mez them all. The SK does a good job of hitting his aoe hate abilities, but that normally takes him 5-10 seconds to get them to fire off. Depending on the RNG though, the bard may die in this initial 5-10 seconds depending on damage spikes.. and he has really good gear on.

I'd really like Fading Memories to fire when these adds spawn.

Do you see how I could improve the values for these settings?

I never got them to work either, guess they are bugged like the GoM spell not fireing either.

I wonder if you can also use defensive skills in the agro section. My cleric doesn't really have agro reducing skills afaik, so def skills are the next best thing imo.

So Ive spent the day today racking up loads of AA and tweaking my ini's as I go. I had never used the Aggro section of KA, but thought I would give it a go. I added Aggro values for my Bard, Shaman, Mage, and Necro. I followed the instructions in the kiss manual, but alas, they aren't working on any of the toons.

Here is the Bard's:

Rich (BB code):
[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
Aggro1=Fading Memories|20|>
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL

Necro:

Rich (BB code):
[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
Aggro1=Harmshield|90|>
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL

Mage:

Rich (BB code):
[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
Aggro1=Cloak of Shadows|20|>
Aggro2=Shared Health|30|>
Aggro3=Elemental Ward|25|>

My main problem is the instance I run. I kill a single mob and that spawns anywhere from 1 to 4 adds. They typically aggro on the Bard since he's in the middle of them, is signing songs, and immediately is trying to aoe mez them all. The SK does a good job of hitting his aoe hate abilities, but that normally takes him 5-10 seconds to get them to fire off. Depending on the RNG though, the bard may die in this initial 5-10 seconds depending on damage spikes.. and he has really good gear on.

I'd really like Fading Memories to fire when these adds spawn.

Do you see how I could improve the values for these settings?

I haven't played to much with the new aggro section myself, but something you might try for your bard:
Rich (BB code):
[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
Aggro1=Fading Memories|20|>|Me
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL
I believe you can throw the last piece as Me/Mob/MA. I need to do something close for my wizard and bard as well. I might play around with it later this week. Hopefully someone will give you a better answer prior to that.

Additionally, if you could maybe do something like this in the AE section:
Rich (BB code):
[AE]
AEOn=1
AERadius=50
AE1=Fading Memories|4|Mob
AE2=NULL
AE3=NULL

Last edited:
Maybe work around it, KA has MQ2Melee as mandatory. Could setup a holyshit or downshit for it. Like something close to this
Rich (BB code):
/if (${Spawncount[NPC distance 30]}>3 && ${Me.PctHPs}<35) /multiline "stopsinging" /fade

Beware I just made only an example the code is not correct but close enough to show you a way.
Crystane.

In another thread we were talking about making a holy$hit for this.

This bit will hit fading memories based on HP:
Rich (BB code):
Holyshit1=/if (${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && ${Me.PctHPs}<40 && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Fading Memories]}) /multiline ; /twist stop ; /alt act 212 ; /twist start

Here is some other bard mez code that you can work into your file if needed:
Rich (BB code):
holyshit1=/if (${Me.XTarget} > 1 && ${SpawnCount[npc radius 35]}>1) /multiline ; /if (!${Defined[mezd]}) /declare mezd timer outer 0 ; /if (${mezd}==0) /twist once 3 ;  /if (${mezd}==0) /varset mezd 30s

Mezzes adds within 35' of the bard. Holyshits are hard for bards because they don't fire when twisting.

Maskoi actually posts his here.

Bard AE Mez uses MQ2Twist and Extended Target Window. You need to put in the gem # with Wave of Slumber at /twist once

Rich (BB code):
holyflag1=1
holyshit1=/if (${Me.Combat} && ${Me.XTarget} > 1 &&  ${SpawnCount[npc radius 35]}>1) /multiline ; /if (!${Defined[mezd]}) /declare mezd timer outer 0 ; /if (${mezd}==0) /twist once 3 ;  /if (${mezd}==0) /varset mezd 30s

Yeah.. I know nothing about holyshits... where they go or what they are.. I'm an MQ2 newb.

I just learned this too. :) In your MQ2 folder, look for the server_toon.ini file. So could be rathe_bob.ini In that file you can add whatever you need there. This is the "melee config file". I would go into great detail explaining it here just to help you, but Redbot is asking folks to post their melee files in the new KA forum.

Rich (BB code):
Holyshit1=/if (${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && ${Me.PctHPs}<40 && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Fading Memories]}) /multiline ; /twist stop ; /alt act 212 ; /twist start

This only seems to work when your autoattack is on, is there a way to also use it when your autoattack is not on?

I already tried to remove ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} or replace it with !${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}, both are not working :S

Question - Kiss - Aggro Tools

Users who are viewing this thread

Back