• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - June Patch Notes (6/13 test, 6/21 live) (1 Viewer)

*** Highlights ***

- Claws of Veeshan is now free-to-play.
- New "Superior Standards" are available as an option for guild banners. See details in Quests & Events.

*** Items ***

- The Tradable: Night of Shadows Expansion Ticket will check that you do not already own the expansion and stop if you do.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Yxtta Door puzzle: Made a speculative fix for this puzzle getting stuck.
- The Expanding Spores in the Insatiable an Appetite raid will once again display their decal.
- New "Superior Standards" are available as an option for guild banners. These standards will only function in instances of zones within expansions that have been released for at least six months. These banners offer enhanced buffs to have an "easy" option for raids. We will evaluate these buffs and see if they need further adjusting. These will also function on progression servers with a one-month delay (except Vaniki).
- The enrage mechanic for Animated Derakor and Restless Avatar of War have been fixed. Now if the event runs too long each of the bosses will hit harder.
- Increased the drop rate of various Veeshan's Peak and Sebilis key drops. There will be more key pieces that drop from other mobs in the zones that they key pieces already currently drop in. Items dropped on the ground have had their spawn times reduced as well.

*** Spells ***

- Updated all spells in the Shock of Many spell line to have only 3 damage tiers and to require significantly fewer in-combat pets per tier.
- Player spells that trigger on kills no longer trigger when killing player pets.

*** AA ***

- Necromancer - Fixed an issue where the AA ability Summon Corpse would always resolve on the caster rather than on the caster's target.
- Updated the following swarm pet Class AAs to spawn fewer pets. The damage and health values of each pet have been increased to compensate for the reduced number of spawns.
- - Bard - Song of Stone
- - Beastlord - Attack of the Warders
- - Druid - Spirits of Nature
- - Magician - Host of the Elements
- - Necromancer - Rise of Bones
- - Necromancer - Swarm of Decay
- - Ranger - Pack Hunt
- - Shadow Knight - Chattering Bones
- - Shaman - Spirit Call
- - Wizard - Call of Xuzl

*** NPCs ***

- Tin Merchant I in The Overthere and Glinya Sweetpie in Firiona Vie can now send and receive parcels.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Corrected an issue where encounter locking would cause charmed pets to behave erratically.
- Pets should no longer repeatedly report their inability to fight an encounter locked target when instructed to /guard a location.
- Corrected an issue where encounter locked NPCs would sometimes remember a player who DoTed them after their lock had reset.
- Corrected an issue where the ring event at the top of Harbinger's Spire would sometimes fail to reset.
- Removed Copperfang from randomized loot.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- The Claws of Veeshan expansion is now free-to-play on Test and Live servers.
- Parcel merchants are once again delivering self-addressed parcels, subject to customs.
- Added an on-screen message when a pickzone will be closing soon.
- Added a chat message that provides the names of conflicting lore group items when attempting to loot an item that is in the same lore group as an item that the looter already has in their possession.

*** UI ***

- Removed the specific display of Legacy bonuses in experience messages to be more consistent with other bonus messaging.
- Power sources will no longer display colored lines on the screen when in the bank.
- Hotbuttons with an assigned icon will now show the proper icon when on the cursor.
- The quantity window now opens at the location of the cursor (for items only), and its input is automatically focused. It also now appears over other UI windows.
- Fixed a bug in the bazaar window that removed results from the list when sorting by quantity or weapon ratio.
- Added text samples to the Spell Display Window of what is seen when the spell wears off for spells that have such a description.
- Added commas to messages received upon login about purchases (or sales) you made on an offline buyer or trader.
- The Heroic Upgrade button on the Inventory Window will now properly disable immediately after being clicked.
- Heroic stats on the Stat page of the Inventory Window now have the proper tooltips again.
- Improved the display of skill damage mod stat differences (e.g. kick) when comparing items.
- Fixed the mail notification on the Selector Window to no longer indicate you always have unread mail.
- Clicking on something that brings up the quantity window will now do so at the location of the click, not halfway across the screen.

- The EverQuest Team

Changing swarm pets is Daybreak's solution to lag I guess.

:rolleyes:
If it works, yay :-) anxious to see if autogrant will also get me some free AAs
some folks use the lag to their advantage - I'm curious how those folks will feel about it.

obviously outside of that, which you could consider exploiting, it sure would be nice if events worked as they were supposed to

Same looks like COV is up for free. Well just made two new groups recently - so good time to knock out 2 shammy epics, 1 bard and 1 sk epic while Test build gets built out.

Added a chat message that provides the names of conflicting lore group items when attempting to loot an item that is in the same lore group as an item that the looter already has in their possession.
That's nice of them to finally consider that the error message while helpful was also not helpful in the way they might have thought it was helpful. Now if only they would add the location of the item...

- Updated all spells in the Shock of Many spell line to have only 3 damage tiers and to require significantly fewer in-combat pets per tier.
Awesome, now all we have to do is figure this out all over again and determine how many "fewer" is.

Changing swarm pets is Daybreak's solution to lag I guess.

:rolleyes:

- Updated the following swarm pet Class AAs to spawn fewer pets. The damage and health values of each pet have been increased to compensate for the reduced number of spawns.
Well, this is honestly a small boost in DPS. Typically you have to cast the host of elements and then wait before you can cast another swarm pet because it's "currently spawning swarm pets". So the cast of additionals will fail.
This includes classes like the bards song of stone where the bard actually has multiple swarm pet options that could be used back to back. Regardless if this is an attempt at sorting out lag, it's potentially a benefit to the player at the same time.

- Parcel merchants are once again delivering self-addressed parcels, subject to customs.
I can finally mail myself stuff that I"ll forget is in my mail box!

Lol, actually have not had it yet. Was smoking the chicken to use in a salad for tomorrow's lunch. Left over pulled pork from his weekend was for dinner and it was awesome!

I hope you ment chicken.

Taz

Lol, actually have not had it yet. Was smoking the chicken to use in a salad for tomorrow's lunch. Left over pulled pork from his weekend was for dinner and it was awesome!

I hope you ment chicken.

Taz
I just defrosted some left over pulled pork to make pulled pork nachos tomorrow myself. Love left over smoked meat.

Awesome, now all we have to do is figure this out all over again and determine how many "fewer" is.
Test server:
Slot 1: Decrease Current Hit Points by 9975 if Between 1 and 2 Pets on Hatelist
Slot 2: Decrease Current Hit Points by 60146 if Between 3 and 6 Pets on Hatelist
Slot 3: Decrease Current Hit Points by 93561 if At Least 7 Pets On Hatelist

Live
Slot 1: Decrease Current Hit Points by 9975 if Between 1 and 2 Pets on Hatelist
Slot 2: Decrease Current Hit Points by 21498 if Between 3 and 5 Pets on Hatelist
Slot 3: Decrease Current Hit Points by 36244 if Between 6 and 9 Pets on Hatelist
Slot 4: Decrease Current Hit Points by 59327 if Between 10 and 14 Pets on Hatelist
Slot 5: Decrease Current Hit Points by 93561 if More Than 14 Pets on Hatelist

Added benefit of faster calculations with this change.

Also.. Holy smokes, new banner..

1: Increase Spell Damage by 11% to 30% (v124, Before DoT Crit, After Nuke Crit)
2: Limit Max Level: 253 (Lose 100% per Level)
3: Limit Effect: Current Hit Points
4: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
5: Limit Class: WAR, CLR, PAL, RNG, SHD, DRU, MNK, BRD, ROG, SHM, NEC, WIZ, MAG, ENC, BST, BER
6: Increase Healing by 11% to 30% (v125, Before Crit)
7: Limit Max Level: 253 (Lose 100% per Level)
8: Decrease Spell Mana Cost by 6% to 15%
9: Limit Max Level: 253 (Lose 100% per Level)
10: Increase Spell Haste by 15%
11: Limit Max Level: 253 (Lose 100% per Level)
12: Limit Min Casting Time: 3s
13: Increase Spell Duration by 15%
14: Limit Max Level: 253 (Lose 100% per Level)
15: Limit Effect: Exclude Invulnerability
16: Limit Min Duration: 24s
17: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
18: Increase Chance to Critical Hit by 100%
19: Increase Chance to Double Attack by 30%
20: Increase Chance to Hit by 30%
21: Increase Chance to Dodge by 20%
22: Increase Chance to Parry by 20%
23: Increase Base Stats by 500
24: Increase Base Stats Cap by 500
25: Increase All Resists by 150
26: Increase Corruption Resist by 150
27: Increase Magic Resist Cap by 150
28: Increase Cold Resist Cap by 150
29: Increase Fire Resist Cap by 150
30: Increase Poison Resist Cap by 150
31: Increase Disease Resist Cap by 150
32: Increase Corruption Resist Cap by 150
33: Increase Max Hit Points by 25%
34: Increase Max Mana by 25%
35: Increase Max Endurance by 25%
36: Increase Current Hit Points by 3600
37: Increase Current Mana by 1080
38: Increase Current Endurance by 1080
39: Increase Melee Haste by 36%
40: Increase Attack by 600
41: Increase Base Hit Damage by 15%

Old banner:

1: Increase Spell Damage by 1% to 20% (v124, Before DoT Crit, After Nuke Crit)
2: Limit Max Level: 253 (Lose 100% per Level)
3: Limit Effect: Current Hit Points
4: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
5: Limit Class: WAR, CLR, PAL, RNG, SHD, DRU, MNK, BRD, ROG, SHM, NEC, WIZ, MAG, ENC, BST, BER
6: Increase Healing by 1% to 20% (v125, Before Crit)
7: Limit Max Level: 253 (Lose 100% per Level)
8: Decrease Spell Mana Cost by 1% to 10%
9: Limit Max Level: 253 (Lose 100% per Level)
10: Increase Spell Haste by 10%
11: Limit Max Level: 253 (Lose 100% per Level)
12: Limit Min Casting Time: 3s
13: Increase Spell Duration by 10%
14: Limit Max Level: 253 (Lose 100% per Level)
15: Limit Effect: Exclude Invulnerability
16: Limit Min Duration: 24s
17: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
18: Increase Chance to Critical Hit by 50%
19: Increase Chance to Double Attack by 10%
20: Increase Chance to Hit by 10%
21: Increase Chance to Dodge by 20%
22: Increase Chance to Parry by 20%
23: Increase Base Stats by 200
24: Increase Base Stats Cap by 200
25: Increase All Resists by 50
26: Increase Corruption Resist by 50
27: Increase Magic Resist Cap by 50
28: Increase Cold Resist Cap by 50
29: Increase Fire Resist Cap by 50
30: Increase Poison Resist Cap by 50
31: Increase Disease Resist Cap by 50
32: Increase Corruption Resist Cap by 50
33: Increase Max Hit Points by 5%
34: Increase Max Mana by 5%
35: Increase Max Endurance by 5%
36: Increase Current Hit Points by 100
37: Increase Current Mana by 30
38: Increase Current Endurance by 30
39: Increase Melee Haste by 36%
40: Increase Attack by 300

Mage pets (and probably others) do more damage under lag, if you equip them with basic non-proc daggers and block all buff procs
I know that raid mages use no-proc weaps, but is the lag causing the dps slowdown with procs, or do mage pets with lag outperform mage pets without lag (all else remaining the same)? That would be a bug, I guess :-)

I know that raid mages use no-proc weaps, but is the lag causing the dps slowdown with procs, or do mage pets with lag outperform mage pets without lag (all else remaining the same)? That would be a bug, I guess :-)
Mage pets with lag, outperform mage pets without lag, as long as they have non-proc'ing weapons and all buff procs blocked... indeed, it's a bug

most definitely a bug related with lag and raid performance (eq side)

The 'of many' change will be a nice increase for my mage. Outside of burns I've got 3-4 pets on a mob, so she'll have looks like a little under 3x increase from that spell.

this stuff going live wed - how does every feel on test, ya'll? the VV MQ build should be up here in a few

this stuff going live wed - how does every feel on test, ya'll? the VV MQ build should be up here in a few
The banners look awesome..but I didn't get to test those because I can't run 12 toons manually.
The fewer pets, Test is low pop, open content..it'd probably be hard to really see a difference (on test) as there isn't a zone where there's multiple groups spamming pets. If people are running raids on their own, I'm sure it'll help. I tried to lag myself out again with a necro, mage and 2 beasts and couldn't do it. The reduction is pretty significant. DPS..I don't know, it's hard to replicate the plugins on 4 toons.

Overall..I think the general feeling is the changes are good. It's just hard to know how good, since Very Vanilla hasn't been up since the patch.

So lag is super hard to tell on test. As to the DPS - Vanilla just got patched as you mentioned but running a shei aa lesson grind mission on a new mag/necro group - the dps doesn't seem to be impacted. Haven't had it up long enough to see if it's grown but I would so no change downward. And given I can hit many easier now I'd say there are some obivous benefits just not sure how much.

June 21, 2023

*** Highlights ***

- Claws of Veeshan is now free-to-play.
- New "Superior Standards" are available as an option for guild banners. See details in Quests & Events.

*** Items ***

- The Tradable: Night of Shadows Expansion Ticket will check that you do not already own the expansion and stop if you do.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Yxtta Door puzzle: Made a speculative fix for this puzzle getting stuck.
- The Expanding Spores in the Insatiable an Appetite raid will once again display their decal.
- New "Superior Standards" are available as an option for guild banners. These standards will only function in instances of zones within expansions that have been released for at least six months. These banners offer enhanced buffs to have an "easy" option for raids. We will evaluate these buffs and see if they need further adjusting. These will also function on progression servers with a one-month delay (except Vaniki).
- The enrage mechanic for Animated Derakor and Restless Avatar of War have been fixed. Now if the event runs too long each of the bosses will hit harder.
- Increased the drop rate of various Veeshan's Peak and Sebilis key drops. There will be more key pieces that drop from other mobs in the zones that they key pieces already currently drop in. Items dropped on the ground have had their spawn times reduced as well.

*** Spells ***

- Player spells that trigger on kills no longer trigger when killing player pets.

*** AA ***

- Necromancer - Fixed an issue where the AA ability Summon Corpse would always resolve on the caster rather than on the caster's target.
- - Bard - Song of Stone
- - Beastlord - Attack of the Warders
- - Druid - Spirits of Nature
- - Magician - Host of the Elements
- - Necromancer - Rise of Bones
- - Necromancer - Swarm of Decay
- - Ranger - Pack Hunt
- - Shadow Knight - Chattering Bones
- - Shaman - Spirit Call
- - Wizard - Call of Xuzl

*** NPCs ***

- Tin Merchant I in The Overthere and Glinya Sweetpie in Firiona Vie can now send and receive parcels.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Corrected an issue where encounter locking would cause charmed pets to behave erratically.
- Pets should no longer repeatedly report their inability to fight an encounter locked target when instructed to /guard a location.
- Corrected an issue where encounter locked NPCs would sometimes remember a player who DoTed them after their lock had reset.
- Corrected an issue where the ring event at the top of Harbinger's Spire would sometimes fail to reset.
- Removed Copperfang from randomized loot.
- City guards have been convinced to guard their city again on Encounter Locked servers.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- The Claws of Veeshan expansion is now free-to-play on Test and Live servers.
- Added an on-screen message when a pickzone will be closing soon.
- Added a chat message that provides the names of conflicting lore group items when attempting to loot an item that is in the same lore group as an item that the looter already has in their possession.

*** UI ***

- Removed the specific display of Legacy bonuses in experience messages to be more consistent with other bonus messaging.
- Power sources will no longer display colored lines on the screen when in the bank.
- Hotbuttons with an assigned icon will now show the proper icon when on the cursor.
- The quantity window now opens at the location of the cursor (for items only), and its input is automatically focused. It also now appears over other UI windows.
- Fixed a bug in the bazaar window that removed results from the list when sorting by quantity or weapon ratio.
- Added text samples to the Spell Display Window of what is seen when the spell wears off for spells that have such a description.
- Added commas to messages received upon login about purchases (or sales) you made on an offline buyer or trader.
- The Heroic Upgrade button on the Inventory Window will now properly disable immediately after being clicked.
- Heroic stats on the Stat page of the Inventory Window now have the proper tooltips again.
- Improved the display of skill damage mod stat differences (e.g. kick) when comparing items.
- Fixed the mail notification on the Selector Window to no longer indicate you always have unread mail.
- Clicking on something that brings up the quantity window will now do so at the location of the click, not halfway across the screen.

we gotta an eta for when mq2 gets updated? I cant play this game without my automation!! lol thanks team!
Same song and dance =) They work very hard and diligently when a patch is needed. Some go fast and some do not. Sic addresses it here almost every patch day =)

we gotta an eta for when mq2 gets updated? I cant play this game without my automation!! lol thanks team!

It is now back up and ready, but read about what to expect on patch days just as an FYI

What to expect on patch days?
When eq patches MQ has to be rebuilt. (you also have to patch EQ --- this way you avoid "Version Mismatch" issues)

once mq is built RG can build - we now have an automated system that rebuilds RG as soon as it is updated - which means our previous method of "let's give it a quick test" is no longer there, and sometimes there ends up being another smaller patch later to correct if something got missed - so re-check on patch days if you are having issues.

eq could change literally anything and it would require the way MQ interacts with that portion of EQ to be completely reworked. It is normally just offsets, sometimes struct changes --- with the large changes eq has been making over the past few months (updates and backend improvements) there are more things than just offset changes that are happening, so it can certainly be a lot of work for the devs.

Curious when Very Vanilla will be updated?
You'll get a web notification (if we have permission), site notification, and email (optional)
Click to watch
MacroQuest for Live servers:
MacroQuest for Test server

EQ patches go like this: (in theory)
2nd* tue/wed = test "real" patch
3rd* wed = live patch
4th* tue/wed = test "true up

the tue over the wed is a more recent thing (I suspect klanderso has more to do with that, and having time to ensure working stuff before the weekend and upset people - klanderso is pretty awesome)
* holidays subject to cause shifts in days or even week

test is notorious for being like "oops we forgot the 'dont crash plz' file, gotta patch again", or "woops we added +1 to crashing, we meant -1", so "on paper" it is double the patches, but very frequently ends up being more than double the work (i imagine, I'm not doing the work - I'd love to learn enough at some point to help facilitate doing so, however)

Mq itself is open source and by volunteer(s) - RG which builds and distributes that is obviously paid for.
If you wanted to show your appreciation to the MQ devs for their volunteer work:

Tip the MQ Developers HERE:
brainiac:
https://www.redguides.com/tip/brainiac
Reply to this thread after donating for your 🧠
dannuic:
Reply to this thread after for your :dannuic:

It is now back up and ready, but read about what to expect on patch days just as an FYI

What to expect on patch days?
When eq patches MQ has to be rebuilt. (you also have to patch EQ --- this way you avoid "Version Mismatch" issues)

once mq is built RG can build - we now have an automated system that rebuilds RG as soon as it is updated - which means our previous method of "let's give it a quick test" is no longer there, and sometimes there ends up being another smaller patch later to correct if something got missed - so re-check on patch days if you are having issues.

eq could change literally anything and it would require the way MQ interacts with that portion of EQ to be completely reworked. It is normally just offsets, sometimes struct changes --- with the large changes eq has been making over the past few months (updates and backend improvements) there are more things than just offset changes that are happening, so it can certainly be a lot of work for the devs.

Curious when Very Vanilla will be updated?
You'll get a web notification (if we have permission), site notification, and email (optional)
Click to watch
MacroQuest for Live servers:
MacroQuest for Test server

EQ patches go like this: (in theory)
2nd* tue/wed = test "real" patch
3rd* wed = live patch
4th* tue/wed = test "true up

the tue over the wed is a more recent thing (I suspect klanderso has more to do with that, and having time to ensure working stuff before the weekend and upset people - klanderso is pretty awesome)
* holidays subject to cause shifts in days or even week

test is notorious for being like "oops we forgot the 'dont crash plz' file, gotta patch again", or "woops we added +1 to crashing, we meant -1", so "on paper" it is double the patches, but very frequently ends up being more than double the work (i imagine, I'm not doing the work - I'd love to learn enough at some point to help facilitate doing so, however)

Mq itself is open source and by volunteer(s) - RG which builds and distributes that is obviously paid for.
If you wanted to show your appreciation to the MQ devs for their volunteer work:

Tip the MQ Developers HERE:
brainiac:
https://www.redguides.com/tip/brainiac
Reply to this thread after donating for your 🧠
dannuic:
Reply to this thread after for your :dannuic:
Yall are nothing short of amazing, doing the lords work LOL! did not expect it to be updated so fast!

Patch - June Patch Notes (6/13 test, 6/21 live)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back