• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - July 2023 EQ Patch (Jul 11 Test; Jul 19 Live) (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
29,681¢
Pronouns
He/Him
no patch notes yet

July 11, 2023

*** Items ***

- Kaznak's Bulwark Emblem, Fragment of Ethereal Steel, Dour Blue, Sleeper's Essence, Petrified Sharktooth, Sylra's Trinket and Smoldering Core of Radir will now work on charms and range items with appropriate augment slots.
- Mixolydian Arpeggio on the on the Spectral Loremaster Breastplate and Loremaster Breastplate of Spectral Luminosity will now cast Masterful Mixolydian Root instead of Masterful Mixolydian Third.
- Geerlok Party Bot now has more appropriate lore text.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Added a replay timer to the task for the Bloodmoon Keep raid "Ralkor's Crystals" and "The Soulbleeder Must Bleed" event.
- Fixed the Superior Standard to scale properly. Also adjusted the spell to add additional effects and account for the proper scaling.

*** Spells ***

- Magician - Adjusted damage values for the Shock Of Many spell line. All spells now do increased damage with fewer pets (tier 1) and many do increased damage with many pets (tier 2 and 3), but Shock, Jolt, Clash, Strike, and Barrage, have had their tier 2 and 3 damage reduced.

*** AA ***

- Necromancer - Added Rank 11 of the Archetype AA Summon Corpse, which casts Thanatos' Proclamation.
- Shaman - Fixed an issue with the Class AA Spirit Call that caused certain ranks to summon the wrong pet.
- Berserker - Updated Ranks 10 and 11 of the Focus AA Focus Arcslice to correctly focus Arcshear.

*** NPCs ***

- The general supplies merchant Duath Untez in Abysmal Sea can now send and receive parcels.

*** Overseer ***

- Several new event-specific Agents have been added to Overseer, available only during the Stone Cold Summer event in August.
- - A new line of event-specific Overseer Quests, available at all Overseer levels, are also available for a limited time during Stone Cold Summer.
- - New achievements, found in the Overseer >> Holiday category, have also been added for completing each of the new Stone Cold Summer event Overseer Quests.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Corrected an issue that could cause an Encounter Locked NPC to become unattackable if it killed the only person on its hatelist.
- Updated the /yell command to unlock all Encounter Locked NPCs that you're able to and added a one second reuse timer.
- Corrected an issue with Legacy experience bonuses appearing to other characters in the group who did not have a bonus.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- The /bug command will now only report target information for NPCs.
- World server lag during raid win completion and receiving rewards should be reduced.
- - This is a speculastive fix and any additional testing before the Live update on July 19, 2023 would be greatly appreciated.

*** UI ***

- Fixed the location of the Quantity Window when opening it from windows using the old UI engine, or when the UI scale is not 1.
- Fixed some spots on item cursor attachments.
- Fixed cursor trails sticking around when the UI is scaled below 1.0.
- Switching between windowed and full screen modes and resolutions should be more responsive and interactive.
- Fixed links in the Story Window. They now will either open into the story window (local files only) or in an external browser. It's strongly recommended that players go through their existing custom story files and verify that any HTML is correct (all tags are properly closed, no missing quotation marks, etc.) to ensure they display properly.
- Guild banners have learned to include the zone instance number where they are planted.

- The EverQuest Team

Last edited:
July 11, 2023

*** Items ***

- Kaznak's Bulwark Emblem, Fragment of Ethereal Steel, Dour Blue, Sleeper's Essence, Petrified Sharktooth, Sylra's Trinket and Smoldering Core of Radir will now work on charms and range items with appropriate augment slots.
- Mixolydian Arpeggio on the on the Spectral Loremaster Breastplate and Loremaster Breastplate of Spectral Luminosity will now cast Masterful Mixolydian Root instead of Masterful Mixolydian Third.
- Geerlok Party Bot now has more appropriate lore text.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Added a replay timer to the task for the Bloodmoon Keep raid "Ralkor's Crystals" and "The Soulbleeder Must Bleed" event.
- Fixed the Superior Standard to scale properly. Also adjusted the spell to add additional effects and account for the proper scaling.

*** Spells ***

- Magician - Adjusted damage values for the Shock Of Many spell line. All spells now do increased damage with fewer pets (tier 1) and many do increased damage with many pets (tier 2 and 3), but Shock, Jolt, Clash, Strike, and Barrage, have had their tier 2 and 3 damage reduced.

*** AA ***

- Necromancer - Added Rank 11 of the Archetype AA Summon Corpse, which casts Thanatos' Proclamation.
- Shaman - Fixed an issue with the Class AA Spirit Call that caused certain ranks to summon the wrong pet.
- Berserker - Updated Ranks 10 and 11 of the Focus AA Focus Arcslice to correctly focus Arcshear.

*** NPCs ***

- The general supplies merchant Duath Untez in Abysmal Sea can now send and receive parcels.

*** Overseer ***

- Several new event-specific Agents have been added to Overseer, available only during the Stone Cold Summer event in August.
- - A new line of event-specific Overseer Quests, available at all Overseer levels, are also available for a limited time during Stone Cold Summer.
- - New achievements, found in the Overseer >> Holiday category, have also been added for completing each of the new Stone Cold Summer event Overseer Quests.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Corrected an issue that could cause an Encounter Locked NPC to become unattackable if it killed the only person on its hatelist.
- Updated the /yell command to unlock all Encounter Locked NPCs that you're able to and added a one second reuse timer.
- Corrected an issue with Legacy experience bonuses appearing to other characters in the group who did not have a bonus.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- The /bug command will now only report target information for NPCs.
- World server lag during raid win completion and receiving rewards should be reduced.
- - This is a speculastive fix and any additional testing before the Live update on July 19, 2023 would be greatly appreciated.

*** UI ***

- Fixed the location of the Quantity Window when opening it from windows using the old UI engine, or when the UI scale is not 1.
- Fixed some spots on item cursor attachments.
- Fixed cursor trails sticking around when the UI is scaled below 1.0.
- Switching between windowed and full screen modes and resolutions should be more responsive and interactive.
- Fixed links in the Story Window. They now will either open into the story window (local files only) or in an external browser. It's strongly recommended that players go through their existing custom story files and verify that any HTML is correct (all tags are properly closed, no missing quotation marks, etc.) to ensure they display properly.
- Guild banners have learned to include the zone instance number where they are planted.

- The EverQuest Team

This looks like a nice change.

Kaznak's Bulwark Emblem, Fragment of Ethereal Steel, Dour Blue, Sleeper's Essence, Petrified Sharktooth, Sylra's Trinket and Smoldering Core of Radir will now work on charms and range items with appropriate augment slots.

hmm well gives some more options for those slots - not much but something

Kaznak's Bulwark Emblem, Fragment of Ethereal Steel, Dour Blue, Sleeper's Essence, Petrified Sharktooth, Sylra's Trinket and Smoldering Core of Radir will now work on charms and range items with appropriate augment slots.

hmm well gives some more options for those slots - not much but something
good augs to slap in those slots on new toons until anniversary events come back up

*** UI ***
- Spent countless hours fixing something we broke that ain't nobody in the whole goddamn universe asked for

*** Progression Severs ***
- Spent time fixing shit on server that nobody in the universe but a few purist nerds care about

*** Spells ***
- Worked on breaking the class spell line-up a little more. It was actually working too well before

- The few remaining souls on The EverQuest Team

button GIF

good augs to slap in those slots on new toons until anniversary events come back up
As mentioned it's a small boost.

But depending on your weightings and class priorities, three of those are now improvements on previously BIS for both Range and Charm slots. (At least for Tanks/Knights which is my focus)
Radir, Sylra's Trinket and Petrified Sharktooth

Oh tomorrow.... hmm, not sure to be happy or not. I will be out in the morning to a VA dr appt, and will come back to finish building my chicken run. But....now I have no excuse to get out of those things. Damn.

Why is it that on almost every patch day since the game released, I find myself more often than not reading the patch notes proclaiming one or more of the following:

1) Meh. Lame
2) Those changes make absolutely no sense at all.
3) I don't get it. Why even patch at all? Just save a day of downtime, and do more useful things for the game and THEN patch

In all the monthly payment online games I have played, in none have I lost as much game time due to patches or maintenance as in this one.
One day a month for sure, and sometimes more.

And it almost always coincides with the day that I most want to play 🤣

They could compensate us somehow, that we pay for 30 days, not 29 or 28.

In all the monthly payment online games I have played, in none have I lost as much game time due to patches or maintenance as in this one.

so this is your fault! can you do us all a solid and pretend you don't want to play?

Its 50 cents a day. If it were to be down for 24 hours. So this 12 hour downtime would be 25 cents. And the other 6 hours ones would be 12 1/2 cents.

I would not have figured all this out if I didn't have all this extra time on my hands due to the patch:sweat:

I'm curious what those other games are ... because generally speaking these outages are shorter than the industry standard and timed better than many but not all of the outages in question.

Live patch notes added these two lines:

- Disarm will no longer affect NPCs that you cannot attack due to it being Encounter Locked to someone else.

- Corrected an issue where certain spell reagents (Essence Emeralds, Fuligan Soulstones of Innoruuk, and Cloudy Stones of Veeshan) would not be consumed.

I think that is it.

*** Miscellaneous ***
This had me laughing. Oh please go do raids on test (ps is encounter locking still active on test?) so that we can ignore the feedback yet again.

My character goes .. No thankyou boss, wake me up when we are raiding again on live.

has planted a banner in Darklight Caverns 23019!
They show the raid instance number currently and now going to show the base zone instance. Why would anyone care about that ?

Last edited:
Sic's thread for today's patch notes, which were Test's patch notes last week. In case someone clicked this and, like me, thought it was about today's patch :-p

Live patch notes added these two lines:

- Disarm will no longer affect NPCs that you cannot attack due to it being Encounter Locked to someone else.

- Corrected an issue where certain spell reagents (Essence Emeralds, Fuligan Soulstones of Innoruuk, and Cloudy Stones of Veeshan) would not be consumed.

I think that is it.
Weve been found out = all necros

I'm curious what those other games are ... because generally speaking these outages are shorter than the industry standard and timed better than many but not all of the outages in question.
Don't give it that much importance either. It was a tantrum that I had yesterday because I wanted to play and I couldn't.
Being that 7 days ago there had been another patch.

It is also true that where I live, it is at 3 in the afternoon when they start and when they finish it is usually late and I lose that whole day. In the morning there are many things to do so I don't take advantage of it as I would like.

As for the games: Wow, swtor, GW among others that I have played, because I have not noticed these drawbacks. None that I can remember has that mixture of so much frequency with such a long duration and at such a bad time in my case.

Greetings.

Patch - July 2023 EQ Patch (Jul 11 Test; Jul 19 Live)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back