• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - J5 vs Silver (1 Viewer)

RedCents
811¢
How do J5 melee or wizard mercs compare to a silver account dps? Right now I am running gold access sk/shm with a silver bard for cc. I have been using some J5 mercs, but I am curious about how a silver zerker/ranger/whichever melee would compare. Or is the process of gearing them up in non-prestige not worth the gain over a melee merc? Thanks.

J5 Rogues with a bard in group where 250kdps + , but in the past couple months they did tune them down a little bit.

Silver Zerkers loaded with ToV t1 gear , TBM Type 5 augs , in the same scenerio will do 250k + dps, Rogues probly can do more dps as well.

The main benefit of toons is the synergies and other AA's that can help the group with more overall DPS.

@Smokeybear72 damn, so j5s were doing 250k sustained or burst dps?

I remember they were Insane for a while but not that much

I had a guildy that was running 3 rogue mercs ( he did have alot of the rogue merc AA also ), but he was rolling a Pally , Shammy, Bard and 3 rogue mercs and actually went back through and crushed all of RoS and TBL content with that 3 box group. He did it between 113 and finally 115, but just in ToV t1 and TBL type gear. Those rog mercs with a bard was crushing.

I repped out a couple for a couple days to try it and out and yes.. I had a SK, CL, BL, Bard and two rogue mercs.. they where pretty much 230-250k dps...

I think overall they still are pretty darn good though with a bard in group.

So I wasn't surprised to see :

Patch note May 20th , 2020

1599572822149.png

@Smokeybear72 oh ok, yeah BL and Bard pretty ideal setup for a couple of rogues. Where were you getting that number from? Were you looking at single fights on gameparse? Mq2dpsadv? Were you looking at sustained over a few hours that factored in everything?

Still impressive regardless

@Smokeybear72 oh ok, yeah BL and Bard pretty ideal setup for a couple of rogues. Where were you getting that number from? Were you looking at single fights on gameparse? Mq2dpsadv? Were you looking at sustained over a few hours that factored in everything?

Still impressive regardless
Mq2dpsadv
Sustained just bouncing around in ToV. I was 115 on my toons with a moderate amount of Merc AA's nothing great.

@Smokeybear72 Looking at mq2advdps, I’d say you’re going to get an avg around 400k always burning/sustained with that setup and a silver zerk. With bursts up to 1m

Pretty wild considering the mercs used to all suck

@Smokeybear72 Looking at mq2advdps, I’d say you’re going to get an avg around 400k always burning/sustained with that setup and a silver zerk. With bursts up to 1m

Pretty wild considering the mercs used to all suck
Depends what Mac you run. I would agree with Chats plugins, but if folks are running silver accounts, I wouldn't expect them to be on the Annual elite plans :)

And you may be right, I only had my zerkers silver for a couple weeks at the end of TBL and they ran 250K sustained with IHC. I'm sure with being 115 with decent AA's they could hit some nice dps.

Question - J5 vs Silver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back