• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - J5 vs Silver (1 Viewer)

RedCents
214¢
How do J5 melee or wizard mercs compare to a silver account dps? Right now I am running gold access sk/shm with a silver bard for cc. I have been using some J5 mercs, but I am curious about how a silver zerker/ranger/whichever melee would compare. Or is the process of gearing them up in non-prestige not worth the gain over a melee merc? Thanks.

Smokeybear72

Only YOU can prevent forest fires !
RedCents
2,157¢
J5 Rogues with a bard in group where 250kdps + , but in the past couple months they did tune them down a little bit.

Silver Zerkers loaded with ToV t1 gear , TBM Type 5 augs , in the same scenerio will do 250k + dps, Rogues probly can do more dps as well.

The main benefit of toons is the synergies and other AA's that can help the group with more overall DPS.

Smokeybear72

RedCents
2,157¢
@Smokeybear72 damn, so j5s were doing 250k sustained or burst dps?

I remember they were Insane for a while but not that much
I had a guildy that was running 3 rogue mercs ( he did have alot of the rogue merc AA also ), but he was rolling a Pally , Shammy, Bard and 3 rogue mercs and actually went back through and crushed all of RoS and TBL content with that 3 box group. He did it between 113 and finally 115, but just in ToV t1 and TBL type gear. Those rog mercs with a bard was crushing.

I repped out a couple for a couple days to try it and out and yes.. I had a SK, CL, BL, Bard and two rogue mercs.. they where pretty much 230-250k dps...

I think overall they still are pretty darn good though with a bard in group.

So I wasn't surprised to see :

Patch note May 20th , 2020

1599572822149.png

RedCents
158¢
@Smokeybear72 oh ok, yeah BL and Bard pretty ideal setup for a couple of rogues. Where were you getting that number from? Were you looking at single fights on gameparse? Mq2dpsadv? Were you looking at sustained over a few hours that factored in everything?

Still impressive regardless

Smokeybear72

RedCents
2,157¢
@Smokeybear72 oh ok, yeah BL and Bard pretty ideal setup for a couple of rogues. Where were you getting that number from? Were you looking at single fights on gameparse? Mq2dpsadv? Were you looking at sustained over a few hours that factored in everything?

Still impressive regardless
Mq2dpsadv
Sustained just bouncing around in ToV. I was 115 on my toons with a moderate amount of Merc AA's nothing great.

RedCents
158¢
@Smokeybear72 Looking at mq2advdps, I’d say you’re going to get an avg around 400k always burning/sustained with that setup and a silver zerk. With bursts up to 1m

Pretty wild considering the mercs used to all suck

Smokeybear72

RedCents
2,157¢
@Smokeybear72 Looking at mq2advdps, I’d say you’re going to get an avg around 400k always burning/sustained with that setup and a silver zerk. With bursts up to 1m

Pretty wild considering the mercs used to all suck
Depends what Mac you run. I would agree with Chats plugins, but if folks are running silver accounts, I wouldn't expect them to be on the Annual elite plans :)

And you may be right, I only had my zerkers silver for a couple weeks at the end of TBL and they ran 250K sustained with IHC. I'm sure with being 115 with decent AA's they could hit some nice dps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)