• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - It's that time again... (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,052¢
So, looking to start again! Nostalgia has caught up and I'm itching to dust off an old Monkey Monk and get cracking... without MQ2 for the time being as I'm out of work and really need to save my pennies! Is Monk the way to go? I'll not be subscribing for the time being either - any help would be appreciated in the grand scheme of things... plus, I kinda want to leave my go-to server of AB to another - where shall I head?!

P99 is still installed but I haven't played it in over a year!
EQ1 needs patching and I need to start another account after giving away / selling previous ones!

What to do, what to do...

What shall I do?!

Please help!

Nice

I started over on FV and I love it, super easy to twink your characters since almost nothing is no drop, plus it has a exp bonus on it.

Monk and BL are great to a point for being able to solo if that's what you are looking to do.
From what little I know from both, BL is able to do better Soloing further than Monkee.

I just purchased you a Level2 access for a month! Whenever RedBot is able to get to it, you should be activated sir.

Welcome Back! Glad to see your name around again.

~TheFiddler~

thanks guys - will have a play and see where it takes me... although i don't want to do the tutorial again, lol

how do i thank again on a post? thought there was an icon...!?

Same here, just come back a few weeks ago, on AB now. Can't do silly time raids anymore

"Opinions are like...." /Clears Throat

IMO Tank / CC/ DPS

Could look like: SK, ENC, WIZ |-or-| BST, BRD, WIZ

Or whatever you want to mix it up as now days.
Wizzy is some sick DPS!

~TheFiddler~

- - - Updated - - -

I believe you will be dissapointed as you get higher in level if you Don't take a traditional Tank class to lead the group. Either WAR, SK, or PAL.

Modern High Level DPS Rankings: Wizard, Berserker,... Not really sure after that. I know Necro is good mostly for long fights but SOE / DBG traditionally hate Necro class and beat it like a red-headed step-child often with The Rule of Nerf Stick! Which is allowed surprisingly as the Nerf Stick is no larger/thicker than their Thumb...

I've used a bard in a KA group before and was very happy... mainly because of all the things you could do with it!

I fancy a BST as I've not played one since 2002 and never got his epic.

When it comes to DPS, I was initially thinking ranger for the tracking zone named but as I'll be looking at the live Map, i don't necessarily need it. so Maybe a mage for pet toys?

- - - Updated - - -

otherwise i drop the whole bst idea and go for a brd/ warr, pal or sk/ wiz

All pets are now summoned w/ basic mage stuff already on them. Only need summoned weapons (maybe mask?) as I recall. I think higher levels reject mask when you try to give them.

Could do FTP Mage on the side for any toys you want.

~TheFiddler~

- - - Updated - - -

For better aggro control, SK is best in grp game.
For the most outstanding DPS, 3x Wizzy (two could be FTP)

- - - Updated - - -

AfNuke2 by Razkle

thanks fidds... i'll have a play with a few setups on ftp - was going to wait until later before buying a krono or two and will probably end up subscribing gold on just one account

IMO SK is the only tank worth using. At some higher camps you can pet pull. Their snap aggro is legit and DMG is great.

Paladins are boring out side of TBM.

Wars are great at taking a beating but you always have a pocket BRD or ENC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one group where I didn't swap the War for an SK. I have a couple groups that have PALs with 2handers for TBM farming but they are dps

I have a couple groups where I kept PAL tanks around. I have a thing for knights I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well, after some ui business and the tutorial (again), I now have an SK on the go... soon to be joined by a Bard and Wiz. My Monk will be PL'd once I get the bard up for DS beatdowns!

Hey nicesandwiches shoot me a inbox and I should be able to sort some things out for you if your interested

Wb mate :)

Im always around somewhere doing something if you need another EU playtime player to join ya

On AB and Agnarr still atm

I'm on EU time at the moment, too, but we aren't on the same servers, unfortunately!

Welcome back to the game Nice! I came back a few months ago myself from a couple year break. BL's are very fun and can do alot of different things, whether it be main tank with their pet for a group, to just DPSing. Like everyone said though, it will benefit you more to go for a pure tank class. Use bard for support and run BL for DPS. IMO though a zerk would do way more DPS with less try. Wizzy is also a good choice. I myself currently run a SK/SHam/Bard, getting ready to add a wizzy to the party. maybe 2 for some alliances.

Pets being summoned however, only mage pets start off with all the basic toys other then weapons on them. Necro/Beast pets start with nothing and need a full suit summoned for them.

Again, welcome back and enjoy!

Pets being summoned however, only mage pets start off with all the basic toys other then weapons on them. Necro/Beast pets start with nothing and need a full suit summoned for them.

Ahah! Thank you for clearing that up for me, I was curious why there seemed to be a discrepancy between what I knew about for my mage and what other things I have been hearing here and there around Norath.

~TheFiddler~

Np! Yeah mages get the easy mode summon pet. All you gotta supply them with is Weapons, and the ring / ear from the jewelry bag. Other then that, they come summoned with everything else already equipped.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the Bard DS levelling guide that used to be on here? Can't seem to find it when searching! Bought myself an heroic token for main account for an 85 Bard - will use that one to raise my two other accounts which, in turn will raise up the sk on main account...

Strange - I still have the DBcash I bought - after getting the heroic character... Anyone else had a similar thing? I know I haven't been charged twice on my CC but i still have the 5k plus the 500 for subscribing...

Cheers matey - so far it looks like I haven't paid for it so I have a nice 5500 station cash in the bank for another token later on )

- - - Updated - - -

So, after a bit of messing about and thanks to the lovely PL guides and advice from Monkeyman and Bard, my little 3 Team (minus the SK... gotta get the other three up to a reasonable level first to PL that guy) of Bard, Wiz and Cleric are now at 30! Without KA!
Using my Heroic Bard, I'm going to see how far I can get without dying before I start on the SK! When I get this little group up to 40, I need to get into guild lobby and use a skill mod - I'm sure I remember one being available before now ;)

NICE

- - - Updated - - -

At 40... now need that skill mod

I would go bst or ber or both. SK bard ber wiz bst clr is a great mix of classes you get double invis, ports, great dps and buffs/debuffs. You even get malo if you go camp the malo 1hb from hh seb before its over. Plus theres a cripple belt for the sk in seb.

Discussion - It's that time again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back