• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Issues with the "Follow Me" button on the group window--one character won't stop following (1 Viewer)

RedCents
83¢
I cannot pinpoint when this started, but it has been within the past couple of weeks. Here's my setup: I split my party across two computers, both computers running MQ2 out of a shared network drive with full R/W permissions. In my typical party, 5 of the toons are on one PC and just 1 is on my second--this being the shaman. No real reason for this, it's just how everything managed to split up.

Up until a couple weeks ago, everyone in my party would stop afollow me without issue when I unclicked the "Follow Me" button on the group window (i still don't know which plugin put those there, but I love them). However, now, when I unclick "Follow Me" to stop the following, everyone BUT the shaman will stop. The command gets sent out properly across EQBC and all toons but the shaman respond to it and /echo their proper order, except the Shaman. I have had to create a separate hotkey for /bct Shaman //afollow just to get him to stop.

I have A) no idea why, and B) no idea how to narrow down what is specifically causing this. It's like the Shaman doesn't get the command. Is this because he's on a separate machine? I wouldn't think that's it.

What can I do to help provide some information to narrow down the issue?

If the /bct Shaman //afollow works, then the shaman is setup fine. The problem with certain versions of EQBCS(EQBC Server) are some messages don't make it to the last character on the EQBCS list. I thought that had been fixed, so it may be the version of the server you are using..

I use social button to stick and no stick, pause mqp so toons arent medding or casting when they follow and stick off mqp off so they resume.

/bca //mqp on /pause 1 /bca //tar player_name /pause 1 /bca //stick 10

/bca //stick off /pause 1 /bca //mqp off

I use social button to stick and no stick, pause mqp so toons arent medding or casting when they follow and stick off mqp off so they resume.

/bca //mqp on /pause 1 /bca //tar player_name /pause 1 /bca //stick 10

/bca //stick off /pause 1 /bca //mqp off

ill give something like that a shot. I just like the follow command since it used advpath to follow and the alts hardly ever get stuck or lost.

do you ever run into that issue with that social?

Question - Issues with the "Follow Me" button on the group window--one character won't stop following

Users who are viewing this thread

Back