• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
ISBoxer [Paid]

Software ISBoxer [Paid] (1 Viewer) 42.9.0107.1

I just deleted wineq2, never used isboxer.

MQ2's new login system is all I need. Just waiting on Tone to finish up his powershell script to auto-arrange & title the windows and then there's no reason to use anything else.

http://www.redguides.com/community/...ave-mq2autologin-configured)?highlight=window

I've literally used Innerspace / ISXBOXER for years... My 10 box WoW groups can't live without it.
I'm really sad at how shitty MQ2 + EQ + Innerspace has become...

I am running everything as an admin and still get constant crashes and things like MQ2Nav won't work with ISXBOXER.
I'm going out of town this weekend, so I won't have a lot of time to work on my little project, so I am using WINEQ until I replace the key functionality.

The lightweight powershell script works, but it doesn't have the ability to add Hotkeys without me doing a lot of really nasty code that will just be cleaner in C#, so I started a shell app that has a hidden form window similar to how Lax wrote Innerspace, and I have a global hotkey listener... Making my app launch instances and grab the processId, so that I can hook hotkeys to swap windows & set the titles...

I personally don't care about doing window tiling for EQ as most the time I'm AFKing it, or coding while my toons exp. I have everyone run full screen and I can see my tank in each group, and get alerts if anything bad happens.

When you click any of the toons on the right it snaps to the main part of the screen. I set mine to leave a hole. I ALWAYS do mine in a format of tank,heal,mez,dps,dps,dps so if there are 6 they are in that order, if 12 I have repeated that process. 18 or 24 same just keeps repeating.. MAkes "looking" for say, tank - easier! I live by EQBC commands!

- - - Updated - - -

I work in my office, like real work not just EQ, so most days I have all the monitors on and watch over them while I work in the center one for realz. Or play EQ on it doing whatever I want...

When you click any of the toons on the right it snaps to the main part of the screen. I set mine to leave a hole. I ALWAYS do mine in a format of tank,heal,mez,dps,dps,dps so if there are 6 they are in that order, if 12 I have repeated that process. 18 or 24 same just keeps repeating.. MAkes "looking" for say, tank - easier! I live by EQBC commands!

- - - Updated - - -

I work in my office, like real work not just EQ, so most days I have all the monitors on and watch over them while I work in the center one for realz. Or play EQ on it doing whatever I want...

The dream right here. Would be nice to work remotely more often, but I feel that I'd be less productive as a result :p

I'd definitely drink lots of beer/wine/whiskey while working if I worked from home. It would be a dream come true lol.

I worked remote for like a year... it has pros and cons.
I found that I was working way more... as the commute was across the hall :P

I used to work at a place that enforced working from home once a week for departments that could. I just found it very distracting working from home because there was obviously the computer for video games, stuff to do around the house that I had been thinking about doing, etc... Also since my particular job function often involved phone calls with managers and that was something I usually has to do from the office I found myself rather restricted when it came to working at home.

Also doesn't help that I was living in a 1 bedroom apartment at the time, having a type A personality, and ADHD made it highly easy for me to get distracted lol.

I think if you can have a room/office to dedicate to work it'd make it quite a bit easier but still think it's just too easy to get distracted. But you'd probably at least be more productive in your down hours than you would be if you were at work.

View attachment 10054

this is an old one, I have even more monitors now, 3 x24 on top, 4 x24s on bottom and 2 monitor arms with laptops and a laptop in the shelves to my left.... oh and a steel shelving rack behind me with my main server on it....

- - - Updated - - -

but at least you can see ISBoxer takes up the main part of the screen and the extras are all to the right...

- - - Updated - - -

Right now at this moment, I have 7 pcs running 12 clients each, 2 laptops running 6 clients each and 2 clients running on the server to sell and buy in baz

so that's like 98 clients running

- - - Updated - - -

so you might say my windows is 98.... a joke not lost on me...

looks almost like i am sitting at my own desk.

I am assuming, to be able to do the right tiles, each UI has to be the same? Meaning, if you are capturing target, casting bar, and self H/M/E, all of those elements would have to be in the exact same capture zone? One of my monitors is a different size and expect that to...increase difficulty.

Incognito, if you want to be able to capture those specific type of elements and be able to click them without switching windows you should be using videofx with the click through option enabled.

I am assuming, to be able to do the right tiles, each UI has to be the same? Meaning, if you are capturing target, casting bar, and self H/M/E, all of those elements would have to be in the exact same capture zone? One of my monitors is a different size and expect that to...increase difficulty.

I don't believe so. My two monitor set up is a
24' computer monitor and a 40' TV. Main monitor is the 24'

Cool, although that means I don't understand the capture mechanism, unless it knows UI windows by name...

The problem with working on this means I will have to shut down my multi-grp army to futz with it haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Incognito, if you want to be able to capture those specific type of elements and be able to click them without switching windows you should be using videofx with the click through option enabled.

Ok, thinking... now, I'm not sure I necessarily need to click thru them... was thinking initially just monitoring... and I don't think I mind switching the window upon click... I'm also wondering about gfx impact with videofx on. For all I know that is a live capture feed, times 12+, and I am already taxing the vid card with 12+ toons going to 3 monitors. So far I have exerpienced zero vid lag, but wonder about videofx.

Two Monitors here. Not at home so not pics, but what I did was similar to what I believe Gillybear is referring to: non-focused clients on my secondary monitor and focused client on my Primary. I got sick of moving over to the second window(yeah should set up hotkeys, but I am lazy) so I moved all 6 accounts onto the main screen with the non focused ones at the bottom.

I think I might have to try a setup like raz has( or looks like it) with the non focused on the right side of the focused client. Ideally, all clients on main screen and MySEQ on secondary if I can figure out how to get MySEQ working with test server, hehe. ISBOXER honestly is a game changer.

I am literally losing my damn mind...

How the hell do I permanently turn OFF all key broadcasting/repeating/whatever that's making a hotkey in one window activate that number/hotkey in another??

Also, how do ensure that the UI elements stop autoloading??

This is driving me freaking nuts lol

I use isboxer and would die without it. I turn off all the internal broadcasting and let it manage CPU swapping and I can get a ton of clients per pc with it, way more then the old alt-tab method.

With isboxer I have loaded 100 toons on 1 box.... would never try that without it...

Dang Raz, 100? Whats the stats on that machine? Impressive.

I am literally losing my damn mind...

How the hell do I permanently turn OFF all key broadcasting/repeating/whatever that's making a hotkey in one window activate that number/hotkey in another??

Also, how do ensure that the UI elements stop autoloading??

This is driving me freaking nuts lol

when you go through the isboxer wizard, set it to bare at the end, should be the last step in the wizard. It should also tell you at that screen what the key shortcut is.

EDIT: there is a way through the main isboxer gui, I just can't look right now. I'll see tonight if someone else hasn't gotten back to you.

I agree, MQ+EQ+ISBoxer has really started to become bad. If I wasn't so used to using the window swapping shortcuts I'd drop ISBoxer in a heartbeat. It loads slower than the standard client and crashes all the time.

Couple of IS newb questions:

1: Does IS log all the way in for you? If so, how do you set that up. I get to the login screen and have to enter my password manually.

2: What do you have the FPS limiter in background set to? The few times I have tried IS I got unplayable background lag. Fine when forefront. The default is 30 FPS iirc. I manually set it 40...

3: I used the wizard, chose right hand tiling. The resultant windows on the right represent full screens and as such are essentially useless. There is so much info crammed into that small space I can't make anything out. So, if I just want H/M/E and Target am I going to have to setup Video Sources (and associated Viewers) for each client?

4: Have any of you attempted (or succeeded) in spanning across multiple monitors (with the tiling)? That's something I might consider rather than shelling $$ for some ultrawide monitor. Not sure I saw the option under the various modes but it will let you grab the edge and span it.

Tia

when you go through the isboxer wizard, set it to bare at the end, should be the last step in the wizard. It should also tell you at that screen what the key shortcut is.

EDIT: there is a way through the main isboxer gui, I just can't look right now. I'll see tonight if someone else hasn't gotten back to you.

Thanks for the reply.

I've set it to bare through the wizard, deleted all the repeater and key map profiles under my box team, and have tried everything I can think of to set NOT broadcast as a default. I can eventually get it to stop, but I have to scroll through all my boxes, click it off manually inside the instance of EQ, and then do a alt+cntl+shift+G to edit the in game crap and close the green hotbar and the broadcast toggle things that open.

I want it to default to never broadcasting and I don't want the UI features to load. I essentially just want to use ISBoxer to manage my system resources and tile my windows and that's it.

Sum1, I found where to turn all that off from the ISBoxer Suite. I turned off the green boxes, broadcasting, hotkeys, all of it.

Under the team I created, then under General, there is a checkbox (bottom of list, right hand frame) to disable "capabilities to control multiple windows simultaneously, including Broadcasting and Action Target Groups (EVE Onine)". Check that box.

I also didn't create any Video FX sources or viewers (yet) so none of that shows up or hampers anything (I used the Wizard).

I forget where the pass-thru hotbutton-bar green thing is but I remember being able to choose it or not. Some of the abilities are dragged and dropped across the various 'panes' in the Suite. They can also be right-clicked and deleted.

In the wizard, on the last page, there is a dropdown. Pick the minimal setting in the drop down. Turns off everything by default. You can still do shift+alt+ctrl+r to toggle key broadcasting.

Thanks, dude! When I get more thanks to give I'll hook you up!

I found the same option you spoke of this morning ... It was not very apparent/obvious where it was, but that's okay. It's taken care of (THANK GOD!!).

Next issue:
If I want to create a second box team, I just have to create a second "grouping" of different characters, are there any tricks/tips to getting the Windows setup properly?

Once you set up the first group, there should be an option to use the same setup for another group if you are looking to run the groups at different times. If you are looking to run 12 instead of 6, then you would want to create a different windows layout. You can also modify the group layout after the fact as well as far as sizing and positioning. I haven't tried to add more regions after setting up a group, though so not sure on that. Also, the amount of of windows within the windows layout depends on how many accounts you add during the wizard.

As far as tips on the layouts, I always use the options, leave space for start bar and leave a hole. If I don't leave a hole, I spend way too much time switching through the windows, lol. Hotkeys for each window within the window layout would resolve that, but haven't gotten annoyed enough to use those yet. Also, for a visual reference, I will mod each UI to look slightly different so I can recognize which screen I am trying to find a bit easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Couple of IS newb questions:

4: Have any of you attempted (or succeeded) in spanning across multiple monitors (with the tiling)? That's something I might consider rather than shelling $$ for some ultrawide monitor. Not sure I saw the option under the various modes but it will let you grab the edge and span it.

Tia

I have mine spanning two monitors. primary is my 27inch 2k and secondary is 28 inch 4k. It works decently, but I moved towards having my alt windows to the right side since you aren't gaining much with wide displays with EQ. I was looking at the video FX bit, One of the Mian guys from ISboxer has a few videos on how to set it up. It seems pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccNLsNrnM4A&list=PLtaeemZCwSPzLomc2eWUeuVR_ic9QX3mg&index=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73ATj87XXd4&list=PLtaeemZCwSPzLomc2eWUeuVR_ic9QX3mg&index=2

Main page: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtaeemZCwSPzLomc2eWUeuVR_ic9QX3mg

I agree, MQ+EQ+ISBoxer has really started to become bad. If I wasn't so used to using the window swapping shortcuts I'd drop ISBoxer in a heartbeat. It loads slower than the standard client and crashes all the time.

You can get the window swapping shortcuts from WINEQ2 just an FYI... you should be able to use it if you are paying for ISBOXER.
I've been working on my own version to expand larger than 8 global keys... current cap on WINEQ2.

- - - Updated - - -

Once you set up the first group, there should be an option to use the same setup for another group if you are looking to run the groups at different times. If you are looking to run 12 instead of 6, then you would want to create a different windows layout. You can also modify the group layout after the fact as well as far as sizing and positioning. I haven't tried to add more regions after setting up a group, though so not sure on that. Also, the amount of of windows within the windows layout depends on how many accounts you add during the wizard.

As far as tips on the layouts, I always use the options, leave space for start bar and leave a hole. If I don't leave a hole, I spend way too much time switching through the windows, lol. Hotkeys for each window within the window layout would resolve that, but haven't gotten annoyed enough to use those yet. Also, for a visual reference, I will mod each UI to look slightly different so I can recognize which screen I am trying to find a bit easier.

- - - Updated - - -

I have mine spanning two monitors. primary is my 27inch 2k and secondary is 28 inch 4k. It works decently, but I moved towards having my alt windows to the right side since you aren't gaining much with wide displays with EQ. I was looking at the video FX bit, One of the Mian guys from ISboxer has a few videos on how to set it up. It seems pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccNLsNrnM4A&list=PLtaeemZCwSPzLomc2eWUeuVR_ic9QX3mg&index=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73ATj87XXd4&list=PLtaeemZCwSPzLomc2eWUeuVR_ic9QX3mg&index=2

Main page: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtaeemZCwSPzLomc2eWUeuVR_ic9QX3mg

Another feature that I wish ISBoxer had :: The ability to launch multiple character sets on demand... making one large 12 / 18 / 24 slot group works around the issue. But it would be pretty cool to be able to have the ability to wire up multiple character set groups under some kind of parent object. Then be able to launch character set groups similar to how you can do character slot characters... You have 4-5 groups ... Launch any character set in groups 1-3 (6-18clients)

I just paid for a year ... I'm hooked. Lax is doing a midsummer promo where the year sub is $10 off ($40 instead of $50). If anyone is looking to sign up or re-sub let me know and I'll shoot you my referral code. If you use a referral code you get 15 free days and I get a month, I believe.

Cheers!

I just paid for a year ... I'm hooked. Lax is doing a midsummer promo where the year sub is $10 off ($40 instead of $50). If anyone is looking to sign up or re-sub let me know and I'll shoot you my referral code. If you use a referral code you get 15 free days and I get a month, I believe.

Cheers!

ISBOXER.PNG

How do you avoid this every 30seconds? I've got to the point I just ignore it and continue to play with the error messages in the background, but it is super annoying. The user experience of Innerspace/MQ2/EQ has become sad:(

Yea, I'm able to get some of the clients to work with MQ2Nav, but I have to keep reloading those that crash...
I've reached out to Lax on Dual-Boxing.com with some questions... I've been working to just write a simple C# app that does the Window / Character Profile management similar to ISBOXER... I'm not trying to compete with it, just trying to be able to play the fucking game the way I want :)

I have a powershell launch script and profiles for WINEQ2, to bypass this roadblock, but it is still super annoying.

View attachment 10186

How do you avoid this every 30seconds? I've got to the point I just ignore it and continue to play with the error messages in the background, but it is super annoying. The user experience of Innerspace/MQ2/EQ has become sad:(

I get around it by not using MQ2Nav with ISBoxer. I usually only use KISS in puller mode when I have LOS of all the things I want to pull, so an advpath and MQ2Nav really isn't necessary.

So I have decided to do 3 grps (again) in Anticipation of PoP. I have been mostly just doing grp exp, but now that my toons are getting to max exp/aa, I am going to start raiding stuff etc.

my question, what are the benefits to using isboxer instead of just setting up eqbc hotkeys etc? is there something there that justifies the price and the setup ?

thanks for your help!

Having all toons on screen at once, fixed slots for toons (always same spot on screen), all follow with 1 button, all assist with one button, instant switching with a click, and wineq (saves resources). Im sure more advanced users know more secrets.

The benefits of isboxer to me is visibility into each toon. I have 1 32" TV i play on, with ISboxer main window and little tiny windows all around that of my other toons. Can click or ctrl-<slot#>to switch that toon to the main screen. I used to box 16 - can easily see all of them or click/hotkey to each. I have ctrl-alt-i set up that sends alt-9 to my group leader, which invites the members of his group. Continue pressing ctrl-alt-i 5 times to send ctrl-i to each groupmember. Ctrl-alt-F sets all toons to follow whichever my main screen is. Ctrl-alt-A sets all windows to /assist my main screen. oh, and alt-shift-r sends all keystrokes/mousemoves/clicks to all windows (out of the box function). This is great when logging on, if they all have the same password.

So, it is very helpful but not required. With hotkeys set up, i can still box a group on days MQ is down. Personally, i wouldn't 18 box without ISBoxer, because i want a visual on each party member.

I don't use the broadcasting function of ISboxer, but I straight up LOVE the visibility/window setup and how easy it is to ensure your toons stay in the same spots. Like EQBC, ISBoxer changed the way I play. I actually added an entire 2nd group because it was super easy with ISBoxer.

I run 4-5 groups. I used to run ISboxer but 3ish months ago I stopped. I've been fine without it honestly. The only thing I miss from isboxer is the window layout which can be replicated with other programs, and the hotkey swapping to certain windows. Although with 18+ characters, it's kinda hard to hotkey to all of them.

I guess it really just depends on how you use your ISboxer, and how much you can replicate such things with other means.

Loading set groups of characters has become so much easier with MQ2 using the new autologin, and EQBC handles most of the broadcasting issues (and can be fine tuned way better).

The MQ2 autologin also doesn't care about what profile you're running where is ISboxer gets pissy if you try to load in different sets.

Also with windows 10 you can set up different groups on different virtual desktops. SOOOO handy for sorting out your groups based on server.

*Edit* I typically used my minimap to monitor where my group members are 90% of the time rather than trying to look at their tiny window. I also only used 1 big main screen for my driver and a bunch of little tiny windows for everyone else.

Coupled with MQ2FPS and renderBG set to something like 150, you really can't tell what your other guys are doing anyways LOL.

So the main reason I love and use ISBoxer is its window management. Flipping through my matrix of characters on the 3rd minitor to push one to my main screen in full screen format is just awesome. If I could figure out how to do that without ISBoxer, I'd drop it, but I haven't and continue my ISBoxer sub.

Software ISBoxer [Paid]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back