• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
ISBoxer [Paid]

Software ISBoxer [Paid] 42.9.0107.1

underdog

RedCents
13¢
So when is someone gonna create a RG version of IsBoxer new and improved :) not that its really needed with KA but just saying

The one thing i do love about ISboxer is the different window modes you can use. It's great for multiple monitors switching back and forth. Characters are always in the same spot haha!

Other then that yeah don't use it for too much.

@Bayne, that is about the only reason I use it as well lol. Only other component I use is the key broadcast function for say if I want to camp all my characters or have them all assist etc...

I use isboxer and would die without it. I turn off all the internal broadcasting and let it manage CPU swapping and I can get a ton of clients per pc with it, way more then the old alt-tab method.

With isboxer I have loaded 100 toons on 1 box.... would never try that without it...

I use isboxer and would die without it. I turn off all the internal broadcasting and let it manage CPU swapping and I can get a ton of clients per pc with it, way more then the old alt-tab method.

With isboxer I have loaded 100 toons on 1 box.... would never try that without it...

Do you typically do the Round Robin for the CPU Layout?

yup round robin and all my PCs hyperthread so set that, I also set foreground to 30 and background to 25 or 20

ISboxer to me is is almost just as important as MQ2. Without both programs I wouldn't be playing EQ. Rebuilding it, I would think, would be quite the undertaking. Redguides should partner with Lax and give RG users a break on the quarterly.

Having never used isboxer before, can someone explain why it needs to be updated or changed? My impression is its crucial to mega boxing (which is the reason I'm taking the plunge and trying to set it up this weekend... So if there are any cool, comprehensive setup guides, please point me in the right direction ;) ).

I really like window fx in isboxer for running my cleric and ench. Also I use the key repeater when I'm doing progression. Although I think I get more crashes when I use isboxer... A key repeater plugin would be pretty darn cool. Although it would have to have programmable cascading chains.

my "key repeater" is eqbc's BCT or BCG commands

- - - Updated - - -

I always setup isboxer with my main window on the left and all my swapped boxes on the right.... I find it easier for me to lose right left size vs top bottom size on my screen....

I have two monitors, but they don't play nicely in windows mode. If I pull a window to the right side the resolution is all hosed up (which makes sense since they're different sizes and different specs). If I select that window, though, any instances on the other side go super choppy. There's no way for me to have two instances visible at once and moving smoothly. I'm HOPING that ISBOXER (or Wineq2 Pro, if that's better... *shrug*) can help me fix that issue. Not sure how it works, but meh. Maybe I'll end up buying one really huge monitor so that I can have the main screen be relatively similar to what my main monitor is like now WITH room on the side and/or top to have the other boxed toons visible.

Is all this in the realm of possible?

you can assign isboxer to a screen yes...

With an alt+tab or something to change which toon is in the main screen? Because if so, that would be groovy.

I also have a G19 keyboard that I can technically use to bind special hotkeys to the G-keys. I haven't used that feature because of a past driver issue, but I think I have a guide to clean that up. I should add that as another task for me to do this weekend.

yes, ISBOXER will do what is called swapping. I use the keys CTRL+ALT+1 through 6 for each of my toons. I then map those functions to each of my G keys on my logitech KB.

In ISBOXER toolkit, you can set up your toons order you want and when you call them up they will be in the same position everytime. You can use keys or mouse over the window on the second monitor and click. That will pull that toon to the main screen.

ISBOXER is great and I too would not be playing any games without it. I played WOW and other MMOs with it. LAX is a pretty cool dude, and he wrote the original MQ way back in the day. MQ2 was developed from his work.

18 toons, Logitech 510 keyboard (credit Nighteyes) with 18 programmable hotkeys ftw! I run ISBoxer with WinEQ2 for its EQPlayNice functionality.

Raz I use eqbc constantly for both "quality of life" commands and combat. But it's responsiveness and flexibility for in combat is nowhere near a well setup isboxer cascading combat chain.

- - - Updated - - -

And Windows fx lets you stream windowed sections from non active Windows to your mains screen. So on my tank I have a small box that is a video feed of my Enchs xtar window and spell bar. I can click in this window and control my ench, which is huge for active crowd control. Also have a small window of my clerics spell bar and group window so I can control heals.

For me I use it to manage my windows, I like having all the small windows so I can see whats kinda going on while I do things on the "main". I dont setup cascading combat chains because Kiss runs my boxes well enough and I can supplement it with eqbc commands.

Windows fx can be amazing.

yeah I can always see if my army of wizzies are casting in the little screens.... I like the isboxer little live screens of my other toons....

im doin the 7 day trial test run and for the life of me I cant figure the setup out to save my life . I know how I want it but no clue how to get there hehe .

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...528E9A44ECF8596AFDB7528E9A44ECF85&FORM=VRDGAR

this guy has the exact setup im wanting any help would be awesome . I always tabbed and just started using EQBC which I like what im seeing so far . but that looks nice as well if I can get the isboxer lined out may start making it my full time setup

With isboxer you can do some crazy things, just takes time to figure out the method and all the steps needed.

This video is someone using videoFX to run 20 eve accounts at the same time with all of their Shield/Armor/Weapons/Target Windows on one screen.
He controls all through clicking on the one screen(other screens on main receive mouse clicks using a click/buttonbox). Due to how Eve handles multi boxing you cant have key presses to all your chars or you get banned.

He walks through how he has it setup. He also shows how alot of it is done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi349v9d52U

yep been trying most of night to set it up , hehe apart from KA I use the EQBC works great for me with just a few hotkeys so think I will support these forums by using it rather than Isboxer hehe

yep been trying most of night to set it up , hehe apart from KA I use the EQBC works great for me with just a few hotkeys so think I will support these forums by using it rather than Isboxer hehe

Use the setup wizard first, it really is the easiest way, it will import your toon names and account info. Get he screens how you like them. Assign the hotkeys for switching.

The shear number of configuration options are mind boggling and there are several "right" ways to setup how you want. Which can make it confusing to follow other peoples setups. I spent days trying to follow walkthrough and ended up evolving the way I use it, which is a far cry from what I thought I wanted in the beginning.

I do not use any of the follow/movement features. I only use it to manage the windows with hotkeys tied to my G510 and virtualized ini files. Broadcasting keyboard and mouse is nice to login all the toons at once, everyone seems to have a different way they like to log in full teams, this just happens to work for me.

Maybe I am just late to the party but I decided to download and run ISBoxer and all I can say is holy shit! I 6 box a SK,Cler,Ench,Brd,Wiz,Wiz and have never had any issues with any content ive tried. The only issues ive ran into were the boxes in the background being a little sluggish. But now??? Its mind-blowing. It literally took me 10 minuets to run the wizard and get to a camp. My toons are running like crazy. No sluggishness no standing there turning slowly towards a mob its all instant now.

Ive had the program for 10 minuets and I already think everyone should have it lol. If you dont have it try the free 7 day trial you wont regret it. Happy I found this thread.

I run WAY too many toons to NOT user ISBoxer! when you have 48 toons on 1 pc you gotta keep it accessible! And it is not uncommon for me to have over 100 toons logged on and doing shit, was a nightmare BEFORE ISBoxer!

I just deleted wineq2, never used isboxer.

MQ2's new login system combined with AHK is all I need.

Even running just a 6 box comp ISBoxer is amazing. Night and day difference just for the box management alone.

I'd really recommend trying the 7 day free trial Red

Ok, how is it you are using ISBoxer exactly, what makes it so good? The cascading chain commands? The hotbar overlay? Or is it really just screen management (titles, hotkey screen selection, remembering screen location etc)?

ISBOXER is great and I too would not be playing any games without it. I played WOW and other MMOs with it. LAX is a pretty cool dude, and he wrote the original MQ way back in the day. MQ2 was developed from his work.
Rewriting history are we? ;)
Plazmic wrote the original MQ.
But I agree lax is a pretty cool dude and he DID create original MQ2.

I use ZERO keyboard or mouse replication, I use it for CPU swapping with hyperthreading, FPS control and LAYOUT and it is perfect! I always do tiles on the right for all my guys and I have a huge wall of monitors all with tiles on the right. At a glace I can see who is doing what and who is crashed or not in the right place.... I love my isboxer

I too would love a screenshot Raz!

I figured I would need a massive monitor (or 3, or 10 - I don't know of a single vid card that can do more than 3) in order to keep the 'tiles' from being too small to be meaningful. I can do FPS limiting from inside EQ, I just don't get it really. I tried it, but with my setup it just seemed like it wasn't doing much for me. It seems to me, correct me if I am wrong, that my Win 10 64 bit does a great job of Affinity control (read CPU assigning - remember I am running dual quads (2 CPUs)). Hyperthreading I would expect to happen on its own. I dunno...

IMG_1079.JPG

this is an old one, I have even more monitors now, 3 x24 on top, 4 x24s on bottom and 2 monitor arms with laptops and a laptop in the shelves to my left.... oh and a steel shelving rack behind me with my main server on it....

- - - Updated - - -

but at least you can see ISBoxer takes up the main part of the screen and the extras are all to the right...

- - - Updated - - -

Right now at this moment, I have 7 pcs running 12 clients each, 2 laptops running 6 clients each and 2 clients running on the server to sell and buy in baz

so that's like 98 clients running

- - - Updated - - -

so you might say my windows is 98.... a joke not lost on me...

*slobbers*

The "tiles" on the right, what subset of the toons screen is in them? Like target, casting bar, self window (H/M/E)?

Lol 98...

Ok, say you have some 'main' toon taking up most of the window, and you have the tiles to the right, what happens to the overall screen if you switch to another toon? Does the format remain, the freshly selected toon is now in main window, and freshly unselected toon is now a subset tile on the right in its place?

You be sellin IS bra!

*slobbers*

The "tiles" on the right, what subset of the toons screen is in them? Like target, casting bar, self window (H/M/E)?

Lol 98...

Ok, say you have some 'main' toon taking up most of the window, and you have the tiles to the right, what happens to the overall screen if you switch to another toon? Does the format remain, the freshly selected toon is now in main window, and freshly unselected toon is now a subset tile on the right in its place?

You be sellin IS bra!

Exactly as you described. I use ISBoxer in much the same way as Raz however I do use the key mirror on occasion. And obviously mine is considerably smaller in scale. I have two monitors and have my selected toon take up the main screen with the rest tiled on the second screen. This doesn't cover the full monitor but I'm able to see everything they're doing fairly well when I look over (granted my 2nd monitor atm is like a 40' TV). For the ease it makes box management is why I recommend using it even if you never use the more advanced features of ISBoxer.

Software ISBoxer [Paid]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back