• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Software ISBoxer/MQ2 temporary launch fix (1 Viewer)

Ladon

Birthplace: Grobb
RedCents
6,486¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Redbot's edit:
A NEW UPDATE WAS JUST PUSHED.

Please run Update.exe and try again before reporting crashes.

Original thread:
-------------------------------------------------------

I've been speaking to Lax and testing out versions of Innerspace to help him track down when a change was made that no longer allows the game to launch. Every build post 6308 does not let the game launch and he's investigating.

Until a build version is released that fixes this issue, here's how you can continue using ISBoxer with MQ2:

INI:
1. Right click the Innerspace icon, select Patcher, and UNSELECT "Always Patch at Startup"
2. Exit Innerspace
3. Hit WindowsKey+R ("Run") and enter the text from #4, replacing E:\Games\Innerspace with your ISBoxer install location
4. "%programdata%\lavish software\utils\lavishbuild.exe" install innerspace development "1.16 build 6308" E:\Games\Innerspace
5. Once the commands are complete, close the cmd windows and relaunch Innerspace
6. Party out with your cock out in EQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Disregard, the exe had placed files into a "x:\Program" folder. After copying all the files over, now running the compatible build :)

Last edited:
It's on both the Patcher and Configuration for me! But I think if you move to a dev build it's only in Configuration. Thanks for pointing that out, have some redcents!
*showers you in 10 redcents*

Thanks for this workaround! Now to see if I'm still crashing as well since that would indicate a plugin/MQ2 problem then.

Doesn't work for me. It did download all the files, but when I re-launch and go to the patcher screen it still shows 6341 as the current "my" version. Done it multiple times and ensured automatically update isn't checked, also download development patches is not checked.

Any thoughts?

Doesn't work for me. It did download all the files, but when I re-launch and go to the patcher screen it still shows 6341 as the current "my" version. Done it multiple times and ensured automatically update isn't checked, also download development patches is not checked.

Any thoughts?

Download it to a different directory and then copy the contents of that to your existing Inner Space folder. That will guarantee everything that needs to get overwritten does.

Which part do I change to download somewhere else. When I change the last part to not be my innerspace folder i get an error and it won’t download. I’ll post a screen shot shortly

I made a new folder called C:\lavish first and it downloaded it there no problem.

INI:
"%programdata%\lavish software\utils\lavishbuild.exe" install innerspace development "1.16 build 6308" C:\lavish\InnerSpace

Any thoughts?
Chances are you installed Innerspace to the default c:\program files (x86) folder and the patched files are going to "c:\program" as it cannot interpret the space or anything that comes after. Just use windows explorer to check this and then copy the files over to the actual folder and select overwrite all.

I made a new folder called C:\lavish first and it downloaded it there no problem.

INI:
"%programdata%\lavish software\utils\lavishbuild.exe" install innerspace development "1.16 build 6308" C:\lavish\InnerSpace

That worked, thank you.

Chances are you installed Innerspace to the default c:\program files (x86) folder and the patched files are going to "c:\program" as it cannot interpret the space or anything that comes after. Just use windows explorer to check this and then copy the files over to the actual folder and select overwrite all.

You are exactly right, I had no idea it didn't read the space. But there is a newly created "C:\program" file with all the correct info in it.

All working now, thanks again.

Hey guys, just to keep y'all updated: Lax reached out to me to let me know what the issue with IS/MQ2 was.

"ok turns out it wasnt any specific code for me to revert, eqmule had a fix built in if he detected Lavish.dll, which is retired by the new auth system!"
"that's why any build after 6308 didnt work, and why i was confused about my changes."

So looks like it's not an Innerspace issue, technically, it's more of a MQ2 thing. Let's give @eqmule some time (and love) to work out how to best move forward!

I've been speaking to Lax and testing out versions of Innerspace to help him track down when a change was made that no longer allows the game to launch. Every build post 6308 does not let the game launch and he's investigating.

Until a build version is released that fixes this issue, here's how you can continue using ISBoxer with MQ2:

INI:
1. Right click the Innerspace icon, select Patcher, and UNSELECT "Always Patch at Startup"
2. Exit Innerspace
3. Hit WindowsKey+R ("Run") and enter the text from #4, replacing E:\Games\Innerspace with your ISBoxer install location
4. "%programdata%\lavish software\utils\lavishbuild.exe" install innerspace development "1.16 build 6308" E:\Games\Innerspace
5. Once the commands are complete, close the cmd windows and relaunch Innerspace
6. Party out with your cock out in EQ.

Just did this, but managed to somehow break something. When I tried to do it over again, I got an error saying that windows "can't find C:\ProgramData\lavish"

I was trying to undo and go back (hitting ctrl+ z) while in the file structure because I realized I overwrote my copy of isboxer stuff, and now it's showing that I'm running version 6335.

Aaaaaaaaand... I lost all my character data, configurations, and basically everything else I had in ISboxer. F.

Worked out the issue that Sum1 faced with him over private messages. The release has fixed the Innerspace crashing issue and nobody else should follow these steps.
Love you bitchez

Software ISBoxer/MQ2 temporary launch fix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back