• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Is WinEQ2 still supported? Does it make a massive difference in running multiple instances? (1 Viewer)

Jax

RedCents
418¢
Subject says it all. Not sure I feel like upgrading my PC just yet, and with an I72600k and GTX980 6 instances start to get a little sluggish after a while.

Your computer far exceeds mine, and i have no problems running 6 clients, what you need is mq2eqwire and optimize your eqclient.ini

I run 6 clients, chrome, vlc watching a movie, while i chat on discord and use vscode to edit inis and macros, and sometimes i even load meshgen and regen a mesh or fix it on the fly(now this my computer dont like)

wineq2s only bonus is the fullscreen windowed mode, but that's for the paid version, the other features are not really needed anymore, or is already implemented in mq2 or eq itself.

i forget if the custom eqclient.ini pr client is for paid or free version but thats okay feature but we can allready do that without.

It's totally worth the 10$ imo, but if you are really unsure how well it will work for you, you can always load up the eq test server and try it there for free. Just /testcopy your characters over and make sure you get the test version of mq2 then you can try it out.

You'll have to talk a bit about your settings so anyone can you give you more details on how to fine tune things to run more smoothly, but EQ can easily run 6 with lots of variable settings toned down on older computers and you can still enjoy full play. First;y I think most of us would suggest MQ2EQWire plugin from @eqmule , its the best memory saving step you'll do.

As for your question, WinEQ2 can be used easily with VeryVanilla, there are posts about it if you type wineq2 in the search box above. I myself no longer use WinEQ2 as EQwire solved things with FPS and for Virtualized ini files I simply copied my EQ dir to my second HDD and put those settings into stick mode/lower resolution, etc. This way i have a few chars at full graphics and some at stick..but all using the same easy controls and startup from MQ2 tray icon. I would drop WinEQ2, no need for it I think. If you don;t want to do what I did with 2 HDD you can also look up Denethor's posts with a great trick for doing the same thing with one EQ folder.

So I just bought and installed mq2eqwire ... wow ... thanks all. and the "wow" part is because I have zero doubt my computer was impacting my group's performance. I imagine context switching was causing some delays with CPU at 100%.

So I just bought and installed mq2eqwire ... wow ... thanks all. and the "wow" part is because I have zero doubt my computer was impacting my group's performance. I imagine context switching was causing some delays with CPU at 100%.
make sure you do the other stuff

like in your eqclient.ini change all instances of "CPUAFFINITY" to #=-1
with 6 instances of EQ for example, you have 6 cpu affinity entries - you will want to change all of these to "-1"

CPUAFFINITY0=-1
CPUAFFINITY1=-1
CPUAFFINITY2=-1
CPUAFFINITY3=-1
CPUAFFINITY4=-1
CPUAFFINITY5=-1

make sure you do the other stuff

like in your eqclient.ini change all instances of "CPUAFFINITY" to #=-1
with 6 instances of EQ for example, you have 6 cpu affinity entries - you will want to change all of these to "-1"

CPUAFFINITY0=-1
CPUAFFINITY1=-1
CPUAFFINITY2=-1
CPUAFFINITY3=-1
CPUAFFINITY4=-1
CPUAFFINITY5=-1

Thanks... I had already made that change.

Question - Is WinEQ2 still supported? Does it make a massive difference in running multiple instances?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back