• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

is this shit actually worth my money (1 Viewer)

el3ctro

RedCents
seriously
like. i've seen alot of stupid shit on here from the free area, im assuming (hoping) thats because its the free area and the paid area is alot more umm................. how do put this nicely, worth my time?

anybody here thats actually subscribed to this and think its worth their money, yes no, maybe, etc etc

.. i mean f*** dude. http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=6413

Last edited by a moderator:
el3ctro said:
anybody here thats actually subscribed to this and think its worth their money, yes no, maybe, etc etc

I think there are two answers here.

If you can afford the $5, then yes.

If you can't, then no.

I know that seems a little stupid, but in my experience, there has been nothing on this site that I can honestly say has changed the way I play.

I make gold in the same way I always have, which tends to be bits and pieces of guides that are included. There are ways to earn a lot more gold per session, but none of them are particularly quick and often require lots of time either to play the AH commodities, farm for a particular item or stealth through instances on the off chance that a rare spawn will be there.

There are also no cheats. They do not exist. There are hacks which will get you banned, or perhaps slight program glitches that are usually nerfed within a week or so, making big gains virtually impossible.

The site does include strategies though, which are useful if you don't know how to do something and want to find out, and also contains lots of general playing experiences that are mostly interesting to read.

I treat the site like a global helpdesk really, sometimes I can offer a pointer, sometimes i need a pointer, but that is about it.

If you want cheats and gold coming out your ears, then I don't believe this site is for you.

That is my opinion though and I am sure lots of people will disagree with me.

The short of it is that it just about does what it says on the tin, but only if you can afford to play for hours and hours, which kind of loses the fun element for me personally.

But I can definately afford to part with $5, so I'm in !!

There is another element at work: Experience.

If you are a seasoned WoW player, you will have your own style of play and probably not be willing to adopt other's suggestions. In that case, RedGuides may not have any TIPS which you deem worthy of your attention.

For casual gamers, or those new to WoW, however, this is THE place to learn the ins and outs. Even the cute little posting by Ithrildor about a remote pattern for arbitrage at AH both gets a nice cash bump for those who follow it and opens fascinating possibilities of future ventures.

Just what is the Assassin's League anyway?
Do you know what to do with the Tainted Leather that drops from some of the critters in Felwood?
What is the best way to gain faction with Darnassus?

Even for seriously experienced players, the RedGuides forum offers a wealth of interaction with other serious gamers and a fellowship which is not to be shrugged off. There are some really good people to meet, giggles to be had, and venting to be done inside. For some of us, that alone is worth the price of admission.

Like the old Alka Seltzer commercial said, "Try it, you'll like it."

RedGuides is where most of the other paysites get their material from. I'm serious, EQUnzipped and other shitty sites like that just blatantly copy posts word for word and have a different titles.

I've only seen brief glimpses of the WoW forums but there were some interesting things listed there.

I just hope my barrage of bug tests for EQ end up working and they're enough to get me an all access pass :)

I won my membership and yes, it is 100% worth whatever you can afford. If I could afford it, I most certainly would. The information here is endless, and the people here are outstanding. I will stay as long as I can. As long as I game, I will be at redguides.
Never be to quick to judge the ignorant or the arrogant, as chances are they have made everyones ignore list :).

wow lots of input, thanks guys, and some nice responses =) i think ill spend the 5$ and find out what all this is about =)

The misconception about this site is that OMG REDGUIDES WILL GET YOU HUNDREDS OR THOUSANDS OF GOLD FOR DOING NOTHING.

For people who think that is the case, Then no it probably isn't worth your money and your foolish for thinking that.

This site _WILL_ make you give you methods of making steady income, Guides on how to make 20-30g per hour, Guides for professions and soloing mobs, killing raid mobs and strats, Long term guides to make you filthy rich in the long run, But everything requires effort. If you aren't willing to put that effort in well no site is going to help you.

If you don't wanna spend your money that bad, Write a nice guide and get free access, it isn't hard.

Personally, I enjoy this site. It has given me some great info and ideas to help make the game fun. Even if you don't find anything too helpful, (which you will), it is still fun talking with other gamers because you will always find something that will tweak your gameplay. I.E. I had never thought of having an AH mule in WoW. It's a common sense thing, but I just never thought of it. This site provided that logical sense to me.

Geez, Im starting to feel as if im on a infomercial or something. But seriously, it does help.

Although I have free access now, originally I paid to get in.

Worth it? Yeah. Definitely. You might pay $5 to get in, but if you contribute something worthy, you usually wind up with free access thereafter.

I've been to several other pay forums and they either had literally nothing, or they had crap cut'n'pasted off other sites.

The fact that redguides.com has so much of it's original content posted on other sites is a tribute to it's success and testimony of it's $5 worthiness.

The thing I like about Redguides.com is the community. You have a LOT of posters who aren't content to wait for someone to post the solutions to a known 'sploit off another site. We take pride in actively collaborating to figure it out and there's a lot of friendly competition to be the first to come up with the next spectacular 'sploit or farming method (even if it does get nerfed next patch...).

I speak not only for myself, but for many other Redguides members when I say we want to be the FIRST to post the good tips, hot farms and 'sploits of the month and deliver original content to the other Redguides members.
We don't always accomplish this every month, but often we do and it sure is fun trying.

True, True....

Someone stated earlier that everything gets nerfed within a week or two and therefore their are no cheats, hacks, or exploits. NOT TRUE!!! Even though things get nerfed, I believe their will always be some exploits and ways around certain things in the game. And even if they last for just a few weeks, guess what, you do get extra gold and xp from those extra couple weeks, therefore your knowledge of the game and your wealth in the game is improved.

If it gets nerfed, then just wait for something new cuz it'll come right along.

Why do people ALWAYS ask this.
What do you think... And look at the size of the member list.. That should tell it all!!

from wow side: i have learned several ways to make gold from this site
different ways to level/profession guides
just about every sticky in the wow strat section ive read in and out and its helped greatly
definitely worth the money

bema said:
True, True....

Someone stated earlier that everything gets nerfed within a week or two and therefore their are no cheats, hacks, or exploits. NOT TRUE!!! Even though things get nerfed, I believe their will always be some exploits and ways around certain things in the game. And even if they last for just a few weeks, guess what, you do get extra gold and xp from those extra couple weeks, therefore your knowledge of the game and your wealth in the game is improved.

If it gets nerfed, then just wait for something new cuz it'll come right along.

And even if it does get nerfed you could use the Nerfed Exploit to try and find another one

Its worth it

is this shit actually worth my money

Users who are viewing this thread

Back