• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Is there new LS Chase Loot? (1 Viewer)

there is.

at least in beta the weapons weren't updated to reflect the new dmg ratio changes - so the weapons are going to be worse than LS t1 f2p weapons from a damage perspective

Are they dropping on live? I've not seen any dropped yet on test and no one has linked or mentioned any dropping. Could just be the low population of test and not enough kills to get any to drop yet though.

These are always an exact copy of the stats from the corresponding item of the previous expansion's T1 raid item. So these are worse than NoS Apparitional gear. And since they did not retroactively update weapon ratios, the melee weapons will have bad dps but higher stats vs LS group gear. There was also no zerk class specific weapon for T1, so there probably won't be a Memoryforged zerker weapon either.

chase.jpg

This is pretty wild. The "Chase" loot (memoryforged) which is ULTRA RARE is less dps than just a normal "common" named drop.

How does this remotely make any sense? I think they were in such a rush to push out the expac before Christmas they didn't even take a glance at some of this stuff.

View attachment 54281

This is pretty wild. The "Chase" loot (memoryforged) which is ULTRA RARE is less dps than just a normal "common" named drop.

How does this remotely make any sense? I think they were in such a rush to push out the expac before Christmas they didn't even take a glance at some of this stuff.
I feel like they might update them in a future patch. Has something like this happened before where they fixed it with a patch?

I feel like they might update them in a future patch. Has something like this happened before where they fixed it with a patch?

Not that I can recall off hand. I haven't been looking at the boards to see if there are alot of complaints about it yet but it definitely makes me feel like they didn't even look at the stuff at all. They just ported it over from T1 NoS raid and didn't give it a second though.

I mean, as literally ULTRA RARE gear, it should be vastly superior to anything you could get off just a normal group named or mission imo.

If memory serves correctly, the Chase Loot is actually two expansions or more behind. Also, if I remember correctly from the update notes, the new gear has more power which includes DPS power on the weapons than a normal uptick by way of a new expansion.

The combination of both of these would cause the Chase Loot to not be better necessarily than the new gear from the new expansion.

My thought is they may end up having to do an update to actually improve the DPS & stats on the new weapons and other chase loot because no one would want the chase loot if it does not surpass the TS tier2 group gear for the next two years.

EDIT: So, zooming in to read more and look at stats, it appears I am wrong about most of what I previously said. Currently on the fence if they would do an update or not.

~The Fidder~

If memory serves correctly, the Chase Loot is actually two expansions or more behind. Also, if I remember correctly from the update notes, the new gear has more power which includes DPS power on the weapons than a normal uptick by way of a new expansion.

The combination of both of these would cause the Chase Loot to not be better necessarily than the new gear from the new expansion.

My thought is they may end up having to do an update to actually improve the DPS & stats on the new weapons and other chase loot because no one would want the chase loot if it does not surpass the TS tier2 group gear for the next two years.

EDIT: So, zooming in to read more and look at stats, it appears I am wrong about most of what I previously said. Currently on the fence if they would do an update or not.

~The Fidder~
Weapons - not so much. But regular gear is about T1 from NOS so base level raid gear from the last expansion. That should be better than group gear for about 2 more expansions if historical practice is maintained.

No they are not likely to update them in a future patch any more than they are likely to update weapons from NOS. In this case you have a choice between Damage Ratio and other stats.

Unfortunately my instincts tell me that you are right. DBG doesn't like to admit they are wrong and they do not like any extra work. "Fixing" this "feature" would entail both admitting it was released without deliberate thought and it would make exta dev work.

I am curious what peoples opinion is on the weapons. I personally run a melee group WAR/SHM/BRD/ROG/MNK/BER so for my melee guys all I care about is the DPS so I will likely give them the T2 named drops over Chase loot. But for my Tank the extra AC and HP is probably more valuable that the high DPS ratio.

What do others think about it?

Unfortunately my instincts tell me that you are right. DBG doesn't like to admit they are wrong and they do not like any extra work. "Fixing" this "feature" would entail both admitting it was released without deliberate thought and it would make exta dev work.

I am curious what peoples opinion is on the weapons. I personally run a melee group WAR/SHM/BRD/ROG/MNK/BER so for my melee guys all I care about is the DPS so I will likely give them the T2 named drops over Chase loot. But for my Tank the extra AC and HP is probably more valuable that the high DPS ratio.

What do others think about it?
I dont think it was done without deliberate thought. I think it was a very deliberate action. I think they decided melee (starting at a convenient point) need to be able to put out more DPS than it has in the past. Given that they decided as of X expansion we will increase ratios on weapons significantly. There is no benefit to going back and adjusting ratios on 'balanced' finished expansions from their point of view. So old content and new content based off that old content are going to remain the same. New content will fit the new pattern.
It has the significant additional benefit of pushing people into the new content faster to get the updated damage ratio stuff.... increasing their revenue at the same time.

I dont think it was done without deliberate thought. I think it was a very deliberate action. I think they decided melee (starting at a convenient point) need to be able to put out more DPS than it has in the past. Given that they decided as of X expansion we will increase ratios on weapons significantly. There is no benefit to going back and adjusting ratios on 'balanced' finished expansions from their point of view. So old content and new content based off that old content are going to remain the same. New content will fit the new pattern.
It has the significant additional benefit of pushing people into the new content faster to get the updated damage ratio stuff.... increasing their revenue at the same time.

This misses the actual point I was making though. It isn't a question of "going back" to anything. You are referencing the fact that they use prior raid stats but that is where they have failed to put the thought into it.

Chase loot in each current expansion is literally intended to be better than ANYTHING you can easily get just by killing a group named or or group mission. This is why it is ULTRA RARE drops and extremely hard to get one.

But, in the case of the current weapons, because the ratio is SO far below that of a normal T2 weapon, I think most DPS classes would prefer the T2 over the Chase Loot, which defeats the intent of having Ultra Rare Chase weps to begin with. :shrug:

This misses the actual point I was making though. It isn't a question of "going back" to anything. You are referencing the fact that they use prior raid stats but that is where they have failed to put the thought into it.

Chase loot in each current expansion is literally intended to be better than ANYTHING you can easily get just by killing a group named or or group mission. This is why it is ULTRA RARE drops and extremely hard to get one.

But, in the case of the current weapons, because the ratio is SO far below that of a normal T2 weapon, I think most DPS classes would prefer the T2 over the Chase Loot, which defeats the intent of having Ultra Rare Chase weps to begin with. :shrug:
Except this very thing has happened in the past following the same pattern.

hi all!
Anyone have a list of nameds drops T1 and T2 and most of all witch named drop witch ores?

So I am looking for the nameds droping ores for weapons and non-vis. I already have nameds for armor and augs but someone have a complete list i will be very happy to have it.

regards

edit what about the stats for the shield chase items?

hi all!
Anyone have a list of nameds drops T1 and T2 and most of all witch named drop witch ores?

So I am looking for the nameds droping ores for weapons and non-vis. I already have nameds for armor and augs but someone have a complete list i will be very happy to have it.

regards

edit what about the stats for the shield chase items?
Last year, i think Goldenfrog made a list? somebody did.. but I havent seen one for LS yet. :f5:

There's a consolidated one I am trying to update every time someone posts or I come across a new item.

Is there any appropriate WIKI type location for this type of best-as-crowd-sourced data?

Question - Is there new LS Chase Loot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back