• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Is it possible to "reset" Overseer? (1 Viewer)

Gekko

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
4,574¢
Hey all,

I screwed up. Somehow I messed up the Overseer Tutorial on a few characters and now they cannot do any Overseer tasks. They all have one agent, the Unicorn, and that's it. I know you can buy agents in the Marketplace but that would cost real $$$. Is there anyway to "reset" Overseer to be able to do the tutorial again, or is it possible to acquire agents via in game quests or tasks without having to use the Marketplace?

Thanks for the help. My senior moments seem to be happening more often. :)

Be well. Happy gaming.

Hey all,

I screwed up. Somehow I messed up the Overseer Tutorial on a few characters and now they cannot do any Overseer tasks. They all have one agent, the Unicorn, and that's it. I know you can buy agents in the Marketplace but that would cost real $$$. Is there anyway to "reset" Overseer to be able to do the tutorial again, or is it possible to acquire agents via in game quests or tasks without having to use the Marketplace?

Thanks for the help. My senior moments seem to be happening more often. :)

Be well. Happy gaming.
you can petition - overseer borked up all the time

The trouble is when I click on a quest, it will not even let me choose the unicorn.

I submitted a petition but we will see because when I logged into another account on the web site it showed the petition from the first account. I am treading lightly with how I contact customer support. They will receive 5 petitions all with the same problem.

The trouble is when I click on a quest, it will not even let me choose the unicorn.
Every agent has a "job" function, and every quest requires specific jobs be used to start it. So if there is a mis-match between what the quest wants and what the unicorn agent can provide, you won't be able to do it.

The tasks rotate every so often - you can wait and see if another one pops up that you can do. iirc it is pretty slow at the start. I was devastated when I lost my unicorn. But I got him again later.

Every agent has a "job" function, and every quest requires specific jobs be used to start it. So if there is a mis-match between what the quest wants and what the unicorn agent can provide, you won't be able to do it.
It can be really slow and it's something overseer mac doesn't do well. There are doable quests that require you to request them in specific order.

OK. So I had 300 DB coins for some reason and I used 270 to purchase a pack of agents in the marketplace. I unpacked the agents so now I have the unicorn and 3 common agents and I still cannot select a quest. Guard the Goods needs a Soldier (2). The unicorn is Soldier (3). Also no matter what quest I click on, no agents show at the bottom of the screen as available even though the unicorn and 3 other guys show as ready. I think I am permanently screwed. I tried to use overseer.mac to run the tutorial and somehow screwed the pooch at the completion and collection of rewards.

Edit:

OK I think I as not clicking correctly when using manual mode. I was clicking the icon for Soldier not the bar under the icon. When I clicked the bar under the icon, the unicorn showed as available. Now I guess I have to hope and pray there is a recruitment mission that need a Soldier (3) or less, or a Harvester (1).

Last edited:
Question - Is it possible to "reset" Overseer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back