• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Intel IRIS XE integrated video card (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,604¢
Does anyone have a laptop with the IRIS XE integrated video cards and play EQ? If so how well does it run? I'm considering buying a laptop and just want to make sure its capable.

Does anyone have a laptop with the IRIS XE integrated video cards and play EQ? If so how well does it run? I'm considering buying a laptop and just want to make sure its capable.
I'm using a much older flavor of Intel integrated graphics (laptop was made in 2015), and can 6 box just fine, although after DX11 I did have to hide players and pets to get similar performance to what I had on DX9. I also get reasonable performance raiding, or running through the lobby lag fest, although that is usually with a single toon, not 6.

Intel cards are working better than most Nvidia cards in the current state of the game. I have one system that I can run 12 accounts with no issues with an intel iris and 8 core cpu.

Im looking at this one:

It seems to be decent for a low end non-gaming laptop. need it for a lot of other things other than gaming / EQ lol.
That actually looks like a pretty good machine. You might also consider refurbished laptops. There are several at the $350-$400 price point with similar specs, albeit slightly older hardware.

That actually looks like a pretty good machine. You might also consider refurbished laptops. There are several at the $350-$400 price point with similar specs, albeit slightly older hardware.
I actually ordered it so should have it later this week.

Im not a big fan of referb laptops. Im fine working on stuff if it breaks, but laptops are just harder dealing with a smaller space and my old fingers. Its a little different than desktops or servers, I have no issues buying referb parts or building referb desktop / servers, I just hate working on laptops.

If it works really well, I might get one for my wife as well. Seems to be a decent price and specs as long as that integrated video is decent.

I actually ordered it so should have it later this week.

Im not a big fan of referb laptops. Im fine working on stuff if it breaks, but laptops are just harder dealing with a smaller space and my old fingers. Its a little different than desktops or servers, I have no issues buying referb parts or building referb desktop / servers, I just hate working on laptops.

If it works really well, I might get one for my wife as well. Seems to be a decent price and specs as long as that integrated video is decent.
100% agree that laptops are a pain to work on. I guess the advantage on the refurb stuff is at least you can usually get the parts. The link you posted looks like a really good deal though, making the refurbs less attractive. Hope it works out great for you!

The one thing I can tell you for sure, that Ram is more important for EQ then anything else. I have a laptop that has a regular AMD GPU and CPU and when I bought it , it was worth 1000.US. I was able to load 11 account. I could play with only 6 toons while the other stayed in GH and time to time someone with get an error and I would need to reboot that toon it had 8GB of Ram. So I ordered 2 x 16GB ram. That nice brand U forgot name but it goes something like gskills or something like that. Long story short I can load 24 toons. I can easily run 2 different camps. Meaning 6 toons in 1 spot and 6 toons in another spot. Same or different zone. I can at the same time run around with a other 6 in like do Merc quest. While doing that I would log the last 6 toons to make it only 18 toons logged in. But I do get lag here and there for most part from a 1 to 10 scale its ranges from a 7 to a 9 and 10 being perfect. When it comes to raiding 18 toons I done it but there is a lag and say like a raid like Zland, there is a lot of lag with 18.

I have a Arc 770
The one thing I can tell you for sure, that Ram is more important for EQ then anything else. I have a laptop that has a regular AMD GPU and CPU and when I bought it , it was worth 1000.US. I was able to load 11 account. I could play with only 6 toons while the other stayed in GH and time to time someone with get an error and I would need to reboot that toon it had 8GB of Ram. So I ordered 2 x 16GB ram. That nice brand U forgot name but it goes something like gskills or something like that. Long story short I can load 24 toons. I can easily run 2 different camps. Meaning 6 toons in 1 spot and 6 toons in another spot. Same or different zone. I can at the same time run around with a other 6 in like do Merc quest. While doing that I would log the last 6 toons to make it only 18 toons logged in. But I do get lag here and there for most part from a 1 to 10 scale its ranges from a 7 to a 9 and 10 being perfect. When it comes to raiding 18 toons I done it but there is a lag and say like a raid like Zland, there is a lot of lag with 18.
Old man eyes, why the chameleon color :confused:

IRL - Intel IRIS XE integrated video card

Users who are viewing this thread

Back