• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Instance scripts (1 Viewer)

RedCents
286¢
I recently came back to EQ from EQ2 and I've noticed that EQ has gotten instances, but most people seem to focus on the overland zones still. It's the exact opposite over on EQ2 - most stuff is done in instances with heavily scripted fights for each named (stand here - not there, move out of the way of that, kill this mob, now that one, don't cast at this second until that buff disappears off the mob, whatever you do - make sure you do (or don't) kill the adds, cure in under 5 seconds for this fight, but on that fight make sure curing is turned off, the mob is glowing green so make sure you run and click the green orb in 10 seconds or everybody dies, etc). I'm still leveling up, but my understanding is TBL is kind of like that, almost as if they had an EQ2 dev come over and do one for EQ - more scripted fights/trials done in instances?

I'm familiar with script writing to a degree (although obviously your TLO, members, and methods are different over here), but the 1 script at a time is throwing me a bit. If I wanted to have a script that ran me through a heroic adventure - say, one of the smoke trials, and have it do the normal KissAssist stuff as well, I would need to edit KissAssist directly, right? If I then wanted to post that script for others to use what etiquette is normal here - eg would I post the script as I run it with credit for the base script to Maskoi, or just make a post saying 'take your copy of kissassist and put this text here, put that text there'?

Alternatively am I completely missing a way to run multiple scripts at the same time? I'd love if I'm just missing something obvious on that front since it would be a lot easier to just make certain Kiss variables global and then have a 2nd script doing things like turning camp off, changing camp X and Y variables, then turning camp back on with Kiss going through it's normal loop the whole time.

I recently came back to EQ from EQ2 and I've noticed that EQ has gotten instances, but most people seem to focus on the overland zones still. It's the exact opposite over on EQ2 - most stuff is done in instances with heavily scripted fights for each named (stand here - not there, move out of the way of that, kill this mob, now that one, don't cast at this second until that buff disappears off the mob, whatever you do - make sure you do (or don't) kill the adds, cure in under 5 seconds for this fight, but on that fight make sure curing is turned off, the mob is glowing green so make sure you run and click the green orb in 10 seconds or everybody dies, etc). I'm still leveling up, but my understanding is TBL is kind of like that, almost as if they had an EQ2 dev come over and do one for EQ - more scripted fights/trials done in instances?

I'm familiar with script writing to a degree (although obviously your TLO, members, and methods are different over here), but the 1 script at a time is throwing me a bit. If I wanted to have a script that ran me through a heroic adventure - say, one of the smoke trials, and have it do the normal KissAssist stuff as well, I would need to edit KissAssist directly, right? If I then wanted to post that script for others to use what etiquette is normal here - eg would I post the script as I run it with credit for the base script to Maskoi, or just make a post saying 'take your copy of kissassist and put this text here, put that text there'?

Alternatively am I completely missing a way to run multiple scripts at the same time? I'd love if I'm just missing something obvious on that front since it would be a lot easier to just make certain Kiss variables global and then have a 2nd script doing things like turning camp off, changing camp X and Y variables, then turning camp back on with Kiss going through it's normal loop the whole time.
Welcome Back to the game, Multichar!

Currently you can only use 1 macro at a time, but eqmule is actually working on that to possibly allow more than 1 - the majority of instance scripts would either use #includes or would have their combat routines inside them or would have the instance/mission information in. an example if you are lvl2, would be eqmule had posted a couple of missions for the anniversary stuff which just used includes and his kiss10 version

@william12 has, what I hear, are very nice scripts for some of the previous expacs, but you'd want to message him for more details on those.

I'll have to take a look at his anniversary stuff to see how he does it. I certainly like that I am actually able to look at the Kiss script (or eqmule's anniversary stuff) and see how things are done here, the open approach certainly does make it easier to learn.

Do you think it would be possible using Kiss conditionals to have it look for any nearby NPCs that are in combat, but not targeting my warrior (eg targeting a group mate) - and switch to them as the target? (I do have Kiss running right now, my lvl2 just recently ran out, and I do intend on re-uping it). For comparison sake here's what I'm used to.

Thank you for the fast response Sicprofundus.

since you were asking about TLOs and such

once your lvl2 is back up, do a /mac data and you'll poop out a data.ini in your macro folder with the TLOs that are available to you

INI:
[class]
Member1=Name
Member2=ShortName
Member3=ID
Member4=PureCaster
Member5=CanCast
Member6=DruidType
Member7=NecromancerType
Member8=ShamanType
Member9=ClericType
Member10=PetClass