• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Increasing DPS, replacing enchanter with bard? (1 Viewer)

Tuk

RedCents
48¢
Hello all,

So I came back to EQ after a long, long break and picked up the CWTN mods to run an sk/bst/mage/enc/clr group. I ran a merc in the last spot. I ended up adding a druid for the off Heals, but my sk was pretty gimpy at that time. A few thousand AAs later and I've dropped the clr and druid for a shm healer (shm is persona off clr) and added a zerker (druid persona).

I found that I needed more DPS after watching the LS mission vid that Sic posted and a few others.

Now my enc is near max AAs, so I'm thinking of adding a bard as that persona. I've been spoiled by the CWTN mods and I've found the bard KA posts, but I figured that I'd ask about the ease of KA implementation for the bard (again, spoiled by the out of the box CWTN). I'm a liberal arts major, so...

Anyway, would the bard or another melee be a better option? Appreciate the input and thanks to CWTN and Sic for all their work.

Hello all,

So I came back to EQ after a long, long break and picked up the CWTN mods to run an sk/bst/mage/enc/clr group. I ran a merc in the last spot. I ended up adding a druid for the off Heals, but my sk was pretty gimpy at that time. A few thousand AAs later and I've dropped the clr and druid for a shm healer (shm is persona off clr) and added a zerker (druid persona).

I found that I needed more DPS after watching the LS mission vid that Sic posted and a few others.

Now my enc is near max AAs, so I'm thinking of adding a bard as that persona. I've been spoiled by the CWTN mods and I've found the bard KA posts, but I figured that I'd ask about the ease of KA implementation for the bard (again, spoiled by the out of the box CWTN). I'm a liberal arts major, so...

Anyway, would the bard or another melee be a better option? Appreciate the input and thanks to CWTN and Sic for all their work.
I'm a big fan of the bard so I say go for it.. There are plenty of ini files for kissassist that work very well with the bard. I'm currently using the 125 one from Sic and he works great. You might also want to check out kissmedley. That implementation gave me a big boost to DPS at 120 and I heard there is work on a updated version for 125. Rgmercs is another option for automation as well.

It's a great time to roll a bard.

Zerker kinda of lackluster these days, with how much humanoid is in LS I’d go rog, and do the bard, it increases sk dps as well. If you wanna get spicy persona the mage to zerker/monk/rog.

Over the zerker? Some dps runs had the zerker (at 100) doing the same dps as the druid at 125. I may be doing something wrong on the druid, he only has 5k earned AAs now, but I have him as DPS on MQ2Druid.
100% your rolling a trashcan and asking what that stench following you is.

Druids have been able to out dps zerkers since they fixed the double firing bug for zerkers. What kills druids is they run oom fast.. but for 7-8 min they will do excellent.

I would work on getting your team *comparable*, instead of chasing a flavor. I did the mssion fine with war, cleric, mage x2, enchanter, wizard.. no issues... bard wont fix general low AA/gear team issues.

Add a wizard (I hear they got a boost with new expansion). Or a necro or even a 2nd mage.

My team is
SK
Mage, mage, chanter, wizard , Cleric

And it works very well
I sometimes drop a mage for a necro.

Any word on ETA for CWTN for druid or bard? KA works fine, just annoying having to pay special attention to one box besides my driver...
there is a stickied release schedule.

druid has been out a while, you can't possibly care *that* much

Ha, sorry, was away for several months, I looked for bard yesterday and didn't see it, but thought druid was pretty close to the bottom of the priority list. Also just realized it's even listed in your signature block.... Please excuse my laziness

It's been posted previously, but you should be aware that we are all content with MQ2Brad for the time being. As an added bonus, he really knows a lot about local IPAs

IMG_2277.png

I use KA bard. ANd I modify Sic's bard ini file with the items I have. Its all ready set up and ready to go. I've transitioned from 110 to 115 to 120 to 125 and haven't had any issues with his .ini's. It took me about 2-3 hours of reading the KA page and looking at the ini the first time I used it to figure out what was happening. And Im not talking about the conditions, those are beyound me. The conditions I hit the "I believe" button and go about my day.
So, two links you may find useful:
1. Link to Sic's bard ini: https://www.redguides.com/community...-library.18/?creator_id=232095&rf[class]=bard
2. Kissassist beginner guide: https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/kissassist-beginners-guide.239/
2. The KA wiki page . Use this as you read Sic's ini file to see what things are doing: https://www.redguides.com/wiki/KissAssist

Hope this helps.

Discussion - Increasing DPS, replacing enchanter with bard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back