• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - I'm bored (1 Viewer)

Ninjapickle

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
1,307¢
What are some easily 1 groupable raids without crazy mechanics? Any era is fine, I just want to do something different for a bit. Thanks.

good question....i always liked the POP raids and bet they can easily be done with a group....although I havnt tried

The list is long....and once you get hooked, before you know it you are 54 boxing everything!.

I started from Vex Thal (Still good illusions, shrink item) (Difficult to find it all up)
POP is all doable
GOD - Tacvi etc can be fun. If really bored do the BIC quest. Guaranteed to cure boredom.
OOW - Anguish for epic orbs.
Dragons of Norrath - Mostly really easy raids - some mechanics on Vishimitar are difficult. - no items really worth keeping.
Depths of Dark Hollow - Dreadspire - Mechanics start to get difficult on Sisters. and performer and hatchet - cant just zerg
Prophecy of Ro - Deathknell - COPIII item drops from first raid. Mechanics ruin the next event though, so i only did first raid.
Serpentspine - Ashengate - Frostcrypt - both fun raids. Illusion items drop. Mechanics not too difficult
Solteris - One event has difficult mechanics - Illusion items drop here though. can be fun
Crystallos - Good raid for killing dragons. No great items drop though, and can bug scripts with too much dps.
Seeds of Destruction - try all the raids from field of bone -> Some spells still worth it. Citadel of the Worldslayer 2nd last event has a mechanic which can be difficult. Fire -Ice- Fire combo's to kill the Synarcana.
Underfoot - All the raids here are doable. Start from brells rest Zippy. and progress all the way to Convorteum (One of the best raiding zones in the entire game imo - something about climbing up the the reverse pyramid was epic)
- Oh - one of the brells temple raids for progression was SUPER stupid. need to have 2 people i think (One does tradeskills, other kills mobs)
House of Thule - Can do a lot of these raids. Some have difficult (Stupid) mechanics towards the end.
Veil of Alaris - most of these raids are ruined by dumb mechanics
Rain of Fear - some really cool raids in this expansion - Valley of King Xorbb is awesome, Grelleths Palace is super chaotic and fun. Mechanics did ruin a few raids.
COTF - these raids start off easy - then difficult. I couldnt get past Neriak #2 - 24 mobs and charms etc.. Lots of stuff going on. Bee raid gives you DT from certain mobs etc. Annoying
Arx Mentis Raids are fun. First even is just absolute chaos but doable.

Broken Mirror and beyond - haven't tried these yet. I'm not looking forward to the mechanics at all.

The list is long....and once you get hooked, before you know it you are 54 boxing everything!.

I started from Vex Thal (Still good illusions, shrink item) (Difficult to find it all up)
POP is all doable
GOD - Tacvi etc can be fun. If really bored do the BIC quest. Guaranteed to cure boredom.
OOW - Anguish for epic orbs.
Dragons of Norrath - Mostly really easy raids - some mechanics on Vishimitar are difficult. - no items really worth keeping.
Depths of Dark Hollow - Dreadspire - Mechanics start to get difficult on Sisters. and performer and hatchet - cant just zerg
Prophecy of Ro - Deathknell - COPIII item drops from first raid. Mechanics ruin the next event though, so i only did first raid.
Serpentspine - Ashengate - Frostcrypt - both fun raids. Illusion items drop. Mechanics not too difficult
Solteris - One event has difficult mechanics - Illusion items drop here though. can be fun
Crystallos - Good raid for killing dragons. No great items drop though, and can bug scripts with too much dps.
Seeds of Destruction - try all the raids from field of bone -> Some spells still worth it. Citadel of the Worldslayer 2nd last event has a mechanic which can be difficult. Fire -Ice- Fire combo's to kill the Synarcana.
Underfoot - All the raids here are doable. Start from brells rest Zippy. and progress all the way to Convorteum (One of the best raiding zones in the entire game imo - something about climbing up the the reverse pyramid was epic)
- Oh - one of the brells temple raids for progression was SUPER stupid. need to have 2 people i think (One does tradeskills, other kills mobs)
House of Thule - Can do a lot of these raids. Some have difficult (Stupid) mechanics towards the end.
Veil of Alaris - most of these raids are ruined by dumb mechanics
Rain of Fear - some really cool raids in this expansion - Valley of King Xorbb is awesome, Grelleths Palace is super chaotic and fun. Mechanics did ruin a few raids.
COTF - these raids start off easy - then difficult. I couldnt get past Neriak #2 - 24 mobs and charms etc.. Lots of stuff going on. Bee raid gives you DT from certain mobs etc. Annoying
Arx Mentis Raids are fun. First even is just absolute chaos but doable.

Broken Mirror and beyond - haven't tried these yet. I'm not looking forward to the mechanics at all.

DoDH - epic 2.5 pages; illusions
PoR - easy peasy. Not sure you need to worry about mechanics too much on 2nd raid, either. I just zerged the shit out of it solo when I did it years ago
Solteris - illusion items worth farming
Crystallos - There are items that drop that give permanent AA's related to hp regen and stuff... check your pernament clicky aa tab.

I started with 6....then 12...then 36...then said wth..ill do 54

Do you run all 54 on one PC? I can run 24 comfortably right now, but when they launch they are using ~700MB per client, which will drop down to around 200-300 after being logged in after 1 hour or so. Do you log your teams in phases to deal with that spike in memory usage?

Also on the topic of raid setups...currently my 4 groups look like:

1. War/Clr/Brd/Mnk/Rog/Rog
2. War/Clr/Shm/Brd/Ber/Ber
3. SK/Clr/Shm/Brd/Ber/Ber
4. SK/Clr/Brd/Mnk/Ber/Ber

Right now I have everyone level locked at 60 and am trying to do things "in-era" ish in terms of level (I am using defiant gear though). So far the above setup seems to be doing ok for velious targets (Tormax and a couple of dragons in ToV so far). They also killed CT once I got a clean pull with not so many adds.

I'm wondering when adding more groups at this point, is there a diminishing return on tanks/healers? Would Brd+5x rogues be an ideal addition? Seems some AoE damage might end up wiping out a group without a cleric in it, but I don't have any experience with velious+ raid targets so not sure how to prepare. (I've been posting some DPS outputs and fight recaps here: https://www.redguides.com/community...or-non-progression-servers.70258/#post-469468 )

Last edited:
I can play 54 on one PC, and use the Plugin mq2eqwire, and use ISBOXER - but i stopped doing that. I found it would do weird things and sometimes chugg the machine to like 3 fps.

So - I have 3 PC's. I ended up using 20 on main, 17 on another and 17 on third, and I no longer use MQ2EQWIRE. As long as you are running at 60fps and not crashing all the time.
ISBOXER loads my toons 1 minute apart - so there isnt really a spike that clogs the machine.

EQBCS2 - does have a hissy fit when i connect 54 at once (Or even 18 at once) You will notice on the connect screen it says "LOGINToonName'' or something like that. When that happens u need to /bccmd Quit and then connect again /bccmd connect

Shaman make a good grp healer in a raid situation - so every grp should have at least a SHM in it.

Your 4 grps are lacking casters. Enc, Mage, Wiz, Dru - ALL bring something to the raid. I might burn in hell for suggesting it - but even a Paladin Brings something to the raid.
But it is a very slippery slope indeed as 4 grps evolve into 9 and you still think its not enough.

This is the true joy of MQ2, and you can get just as much fun from solo winning a 6 year old raid as i do from winning new raid content with the guild.

Do you run all 54 on one PC? I can run 24 comfortably right now, but when they launch they are using ~700MB per client, which will drop down to around 200-300 after being logged in after 1 hour or so. Do you log your teams in phases to deal with that spike in memory usage?

Also on the topic of raid setups...currently my 4 groups look like:

1. War/Clr/Brd/Mnk/Rog/Rog
2. War/Clr/Shm/Brd/Ber/Ber
3. SK/Clr/Shm/Brd/Ber/Ber
4. SK/Clr/Brd/Mnk/Ber/Ber

Right now I have everyone level locked at 60 and am trying to do things "in-era" ish in terms of level (I am using defiant gear though). So far the above setup seems to be doing ok for velious targets (Tormax and a couple of dragons in ToV so far). They also killed CT once I got a clean pull with not so many adds.

I'm wondering when adding more groups at this point, is there a diminishing return on tanks/healers? Would Brd+5x rogues be an ideal addition? Seems some AoE damage might end up wiping out a group without a cleric in it, but I don't have any experience with velious+ raid targets so not sure how to prepare. (I've been posting some DPS outputs and fight recaps here: https://www.redguides.com/community...or-non-progression-servers.70258/#post-469468 )

Your raid groups look too much like group groups. You’re wasting synergies.

Most raids group tanks into 2-3 groups and then group dps up to maximize adps and synergy.

This thread is why I both wish and secretly fear they'll add account to account transfers. My 6 accounts with 12 toons would quickly explode to 12 accounts, and of course once I hit 12 I definitely see the slippery slope to 54

This thread is why I both wish and secretly fear they'll add account to account transfers. My 6 accounts with 12 toons would quickly explode to 12 accounts, and of course once I hit 12 I definitely see the slippery slope to 54

lol. This is what I would probably do if we ever get accnt to accnt transfers back.

Really, I just wanted A2A back for one character. Two fully working characters on the same account sucks. Alas, I'm recreating one of them now and going through the AA slog again.

Your raid groups look too much like group groups. You’re wasting synergies.

Most raids group tanks into 2-3 groups and then group dps up to maximize adps and synergy.

So something like this?

War/War/Sk/Sk/Brd/Ber
Clr/Clr/Clr/Clr/Enc/Brd
Brd/Shm/Rog/Rog/Mnk/Ber
Brd/Shm/Ber/Ber/Ber/Ber

Switch a rogue with a zerker. Also tank groups usually are 2 to 3 tanks and the rest healers.

Just FYI this is for level 60 content atm (and probably for a while as I'm just starting velious). So maybe do tank group like so? (Edited per szazor's comment below)

War/War/Sk/Clr/Clr/Brd
Sk/Clr/Clr/Brd/Enc/Ber
Brd/Shm/Rog/Rog/Mnk/Ber
Brd/Shm/Ber/Ber/Ber/Ber

If I start adding groups cause why not, would I just be aiming at:

Brd/shm/melee x 4 ?

Brd/clr/enc/ caster x 3?

I'm not sure how needed more clerics will be, I think if I need the healing that bad I'm in trouble and DPS racing will be more beneficial. I am completing epics on all 4 clerics because the in combat rezzing is insanely OP. I'm guessing getting more Bard epics would be useful as well. I've started adding all priests to priest xtarg, as well as tanks. (Though I might swap that to just clerics adding the Clr/Shm so that the Shm can focus keeping their own groups alive)

War/War/Sk/Sk/Brd/Ber
Clr/Clr/Clr/Clr/Enc/Brd
Brd/Shm/Rog/Rog/Mnk/Ber
Brd/Shm/Ber/Ber/Ber/Ber

Try something more like:
WAR/WAR/SK/CLR/CLR/BRD as your MT grp.

Your MT Group staying alive is more important than anything else.

If you dont have a Cleric in your MT grp you will miss the Epic clicks and divine arb etc.

Try something more like:
WAR/WAR/SK/CLR/CLR/BRD as your MT grp.

Your MT Group staying alive is more important than anything else.

If you dont have a Cleric in your MT grp you will miss the Epic clicks and divine arb etc.
Drop the bard and add a pally to the MT group.

Next group might need to be a "raid diversity inclusion" group. Mostly the reason for Brd in every group is movement speed while running around to all these raids. As stuff gets harder that QoL might have to be sacrificed for better setup.

Pld / Rng / Dru / Brd / Nec / Mag

War/Sk/Bsrk/Bard/clr/Clr is resilient as hell as a main Tank group

But you're wasting group slots with that setup. Pally adds group heals to help keep the clerics/bard alive while the clerics take care of the tanks. You also want to bunch your tanks up to the greatest degree as possible with your heavy-hitting healers to take advantage of group abilities the clerics get. A zerker in that group is a waste. The zerker is getting next to zero adps from the other classes, and isn't really giving anything back to the other classes. Yea, you have a bard there, but I'd argue the bard is also wasted in that group 99% of the time, unless your main is a warrior/sk and you're going for an e-peen worthy dps parse. And if you're doing that, drop the stupid zerker for a beastlord or ranger.

In an ideal world, you'd have a group with 2-3 warriors, 2 clerics, pally... and those 2-3 warriors are 100% your main raid tanks. You'd have a 2nd group with offtanks/adds tanks/kiters with 2 clerics, and a 3rd group with any remaining offtanks/add tanks/kiters with 2 clerics (or 1 cleric and 1 super competent shammy... if you do this, this group MUST have a pally). Rest of the groups are Shammy, bard, melee dpsx4 (ideally) and druid, bard/enchanter, caster dps x4 (ideally).

There's room to throw bards around, if you have enough, but never swap healing for a bard, and never waste a bard in the main tank group unless there's a really good reason to do so (the dancer raid in tov's tofs, for example, could require a bard to help keep the MT from getting drunk).

What does a Berzerker add to the MT grp in a raid situation?

Not worried about dps...worried about staying alive.
Style points of course! ... I like the berserker aura...and the my main bsrk is raid geared so he can take some hits too. So for me it's situational...i'd say add a Paladin...but who on their right mind who pick a pally as a tank...lol...let the pally flames ensue!

But you're wasting group slots with that setup. Pally adds group heals to help keep the clerics/bard alive while the clerics take care of the tanks. You also want to bunch your tanks up to the greatest degree as possible with your heavy-hitting healers to take advantage of group abilities the clerics get. A zerker in that group is a waste. The zerker is getting next to zero adps from the other classes, and isn't really giving anything back to the other classes. Yea, you have a bard there, but I'd argue the bard is also wasted in that group 99% of the time, unless your main is a warrior/sk and you're going for an e-peen worthy dps parse. And if you're doing that, drop the stupid zerker for a beastlord or ranger.

In an ideal world, you'd have a group with 2-3 warriors, 2 clerics, pally... and those 2-3 warriors are 100% your main raid tanks. You'd have a 2nd group with offtanks/adds tanks/kiters with 2 clerics, and a 3rd group with any remaining offtanks/add tanks/kiters with 2 clerics (or 1 cleric and 1 super competent shammy... if you do this, this group MUST have a pally). Rest of the groups are Shammy, bard, melee dpsx4 (ideally) and druid, bard/enchanter, caster dps x4 (ideally).
I like it...just foundationally it's agaisnt me DNA to acknowledge Paladins as tanks...i'd take a berzerker...a rogue...heck a ranger or a mage as a better tank....JK! Pallies are cool...they make fantastic floor decorations.

There's room to throw bards around, if you have enough, but never swap healing for a bard, and never waste a bard in the main tank group unless there's a really good reason to do so (the dancer raid in tov's tofs, for example, could require a bard to help keep the MT from getting drunk).
Woot! Bard is essential bruh...did you not hear Sic's rendition of Zombie...that's what they're playing

I like it...just foundationally it's agaisnt me DNA to acknowledge Paladins as tanks...i'd take a berzerker...a rogue...heck a ranger or a mage as a better tank....JK! Pallies are cool...they make fantastic floor decorations.

How much tanking do you think a pally in the raid MT group is doing? Fuckin zero, if they're smart (or if you code it correctly). The pally in the MT group is a healer, curer, splasher, and general "oh shit" stop gap. Your warriors should be tanking the main mobs, and your extra warriors/SKs are probably tanking most of the adds. Leftover pallies can tank, if needed... or they can pull out their 2 handers and dps their fuckin heart out on undead mobs.

How much tanking do you think a pally in the raid MT group is doing? Fuckin zero, if they're smart (or if you code it correctly). The pally in the MT group is a healer, curer, splasher, and general "oh shit" stop gap. Your warriors should be tanking the main mobs, and your extra warriors/SKs are probably tanking most of the adds. Leftover pallies can tank, if needed... or they can pull out their 2 handers and dps their fuckin heart out on undead mobs.
Here's my emoji explanation of a pally tanking ...:bang: ...:mystery: ... the end ... lol

Omg I’ll put money into that. Before I found RG and got really into boxing I had 3 accounts and have multiple 115s I wish I could move around. I have one account with 115 Zerk, necro, mage and wiz.

In all seriousness though you're not wrong, it's just not my style...every single one of my teams is going to have its own tank/crowd/healer ... Team Alpha just has the beefies best raid geared tanks...if shit goes bump into the night outside their purview it'll get mezzed by one of the many enchanters or owned by the alt tanks/dps on teams B-D or by the many mage pets swarming about...

It usually works...when it doesn't it's a "300's style" sea of corpses in tribute to my failure as a boxer...lol

I've also got all the other clerics in the other box teams using xtarheal with those 2 tanks and the berzerker programmed for autoheals so it's pretty catastrophic fuck if all those clerics fail to keep those tanks alive...it has happened...but it's not common. When they do fail they get battle rezzed pretty snappy fast too

Last edited:
If someone just wanted to start a raid force to do zlandicar, what do you think would be the minimum amount of accounts? 5 groups of 4 zerkers, bard, shaman, tank group of war war cleric cleric shaman, a group of ranger ranger shaman bard paladin enchanter

If someone just wanted to start a raid force to do zlandicar, what do you think would be the minimum amount of accounts? 5 groups of 4 zerkers, bard, shaman, tank group of war war cleric cleric shaman, a group of ranger ranger shaman bard paladin enchanter
you could use mages, druid for dps.. they also parse very well on zland.. id inc bst for fero if your running zerkers

You may not be able to completely ignore the raid mechanics anymore (not sure, since we haven't tried to cheese it by over-dps'ing it since the raid changes). Assuming you can't just ignore all the mechanics, having all melee dps = you'll never beat it. The piper that spawns in the upper tunnel area must be range dps'd down before it gets to the end of the tunnel/into the main room. You must range dps it because if you get within melee range it charms you. If it gets to the tunnel entrance it calls a bunch of rats that will probably eat half your raid before you can cc it.

I was meaning straight burn, we've been able to do it without killing the piper, sometimes we still get rats but with enough burn and a little luck we avoid them.

I was meaning straight burn, we've been able to do it without killing the piper, sometimes we still get rats but with enough burn and a little luck we avoid them.

Since the last patch?

Even with that many zerkers, I don't think you completely cheese it by overdpsing with only seven groups (42 boxes)... although I've never seen what 20 zerkers in a raid could do. I think you'd have better luck with a better distribution of classes (i.e. more beastlords) and a couple of necros.

Question - I'm bored

Users who are viewing this thread

Back