• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

If you get suspended.... (1 Viewer)

RedCents
90¢
1. DO NOT Email Sony, someone has said this before but a suspension is just a fixed amount of time from EQ. If you email them you just bring attention to your account, and logs full of bannable action.

2. Once you are unsuspended, only use passive hacks in MQ2. This means no warping, zoning gating, fading etc. For at least a week or two. They watch the logs of all recently unsuspended people now, resulting in a ban for many people only 2 or 3 days after a suspension ends.

3. Report what might have possibly gotten you suspended here below :

warping , chainzone attempt and possibly Noaccel docrack. Was suspended November 5th.

Did you warp ect, with people in zone?? or you think the server picked you up and redflagged.

Im debating if i should use warp or fade still.

kazball

I've ran afk Taskmaster the last three nights straight for about 8 hours each (the warp/zone version) and no problems. That's a couple hundred warps and zones a night. Nothing so far...

I e-mailed SoE and i got the reply saying id get unsuspended. I think it depends on how active hacking you were. I only used shared bank slot once so i think SoE took leniency on that. I rarely warp a lot too unless needs must and as a ranger , the occasion /gate

kazball said:
Did you warp ect, with people in zone?? or you think the server picked you up and redflagged.

Im debating if i should use warp or fade still.

kazball

most likely redflagged since i was suspended for shared docrack about a month ago

I still warp, I used the shared back thing once, I use the /gate and i have never been supeneded. I would say i warp a fair amount also. on zek. Never been talked to by GM. I guess im a lucky one

two of my accnts was suspended late december of 05 .... sent them an email on both of them ... no reply back

GM told me when he suspended me if i didnt send them an email i would get banned.....

i got hooked for doin the LSMM notin new really.....
just was invis and saw me warp to all the hostages and finnish in under 7 seconds lol

( im surprised he noticed i was gone!)
lol
and after that i actively used warp and /fade and afk taskmaster and nothins happened yet....

i mean if i get banned can always lvl up a new one

soultaker said:
wow bringing back a 4 month dead post cool... ;)
Lot of new bans I guess :)

I have 2 suspended accts atm. One suspended Sunday afternoon (2/19) the other 24 hrs later (2/20) I'm guessing AdvTasks is what flagged them but I finally got a reply from SoE on the one I emailed them about (Didn't see this thread before hand or I'd never have sent anything to them in the first place):
It has come to our attention from our various resources to show that your account has been linked to using a third party program to travel anywhere within a zone without risk of harm. Since the use of third party programs is against the End User License Agreement(EULA) we have no choice but to suspend your account with review for termination.
I was doing LSMM with these 2 plus 4 other accts for a few hrs on Sat and again on Sunday but not for very long either day. None of the other accts even looked at. These 2 were the only ones I did Advtasks with. *shrug* Who knows. I've given up trying to figure out how the SoE CS staff thinks.

I've done some no Drop Xfers (using a plugin, not the shared bank xfers) with all of the accts in the past (well over a year ago), use Warp and Zone a fare amt, along with /gate. Once in a while I'll turn on /noaccell but not often. (Who needs a horse when you can warp?) Not a big fan of the rest of the DoCrack hacks. Never so much as had a GM look at me sideways before this. Still haven't ever seen a GM even near me, not even on either of the days I got the suspensions.

I'm hoping this is just a suspension on at least one of the accts. If I had to rebuild that one would take a lot and I don't have the patience or inclination to do it all over again.

Last edited:
3 accounts banned not sure if soe will reconsider am really bummed was doing tasks off and on for a while. Did not know not to email soe so i might be screwed any advice?

so i got banned and emailed them.....

SOE said:
Greetings,

Unfortunately we will not be able to assist you with your request. The Producer's Letter posted on November 2, 2006 warned the community about our stance of those who are using third party programs to Modify the EverQuest Client. For your review I have included the link to the Producer's Letter and the portion regarding third party programs use for you to review.
http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Crier&message.id=218 Producer's Letter from Craig Knapp [ Edited ]

Hacks and Exploits

As any developer will tell you, we get into this industry because we enjoy games and we enjoy making them. That is why I dislike even having to mention hacks and exploits, but it is a reality that needs to be addressed.

As many of you know, we've spent a significant amount of time on our reporting systems to detect various hacks and exploits. The end result will provide a really positive impact. For example, without the reporting tools, we took action on over 1,000 accounts during the month of October. Although that number may seem high, the numbers generated by our reporting tools are considerably higher. These tools are currently limited to generating reports, but we are rapidly approaching a time where these will be used in a more robust manner. I wont go into detail, but Id like to encourage anyone playing outside the natural boundaries of EverQuest to get back in those boundaries. Whatever advancement these exploits provide to individuals is not worth the damage that it does to the EverQuest community. Consider this fair warning.
We hope this information helps you understand why this account was terminated. We always regret taking any disciplinary action against our customers, so we ask that you please review the above as well as the rest of our policies, which are located at http://support.station.sony.com. We thank you for your understanding and wish you luck in your endevours.

Regards,
EverQuest Account Status Administration
[email protected]
www.everquest.com
--------------------------------------
Sony Online Entertainment
www.station.sony.com
---------------------------------------
-If you reply to this message please be sure to include the entire thread of our prior correspondence. Thank you

My reply:

I said:
Thats great, how am I supposed to know about a letter that hasn't come out yet? I did not realize SOE employed time traveler's from 8 months in the future.

"The Producer's Letter posted on November 2, 2006 warned the community about our stance of those who are using third party programs to Modify the EverQuest Client"

Faggots.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got suspended, didn't call/email SoE, but on the 4th or 5th day it was banned for warping. Not doing anything if your account is suspended doesn't prevent it from being banned.

P.S. Bloodcell, if you would have clicked the link, you would have noticed that it was a typo in the email. Date on the post says November 2, 2005.

I know that cade, I was just pissed and the thought that some guy at eqaccount support might get pissed at me turned me on.

If you weren't suspended, but got a warning for warping/chainzoning/gating how long would you wait before resuming the fun?

I was banned a few months ago with my bard account. The only thing I did was instanced mission in Forgotten Halls.

I only ran MQ macros INSIDE the instanced zone. The macro I had written was camping me if for some reason I was killed. I never received tells while being AFK, but I was contacted once by someone who I didn't knew at all when I was inside the instance, and asked me some strange questions.

I never warped, just used MQTwist & MoveUtils, running in circle while dotting mobs.

One thing that might have attracted the attention is that I was running up to 18 hours (3 missions) per day just before being suspended.

Sooooo, lesson was that I was pleased with the MQ experience, was quite funny for some time to write some macros for the bard, but I was happy I never ever used MQ on my main account. I spent too much effort in this one to any risk.

Recently on Zek there has been a shit load of suspendings that soon end up in bannings. They say oh ur suspened for 7 days then some r freed or some r banned.

whats suprising is i've done the docrack noshare 2 weeks before all these bannings and nothing + i've been warping and zone chaing/fading and nothing. I think the reason why is because when ever i do these i always check /w gm or /w all gm. Also i think noshare wont get u banned if u do it in different odd locations. Like oggok or neriak or somthing. NOT POK.

Basically warping where people r around u is a nono and always check /w gm /w all gm.

I know a friend on zek tho that is friends w/ one of the GM's who can get people unbanned. So if u do get banned dont freak out just look/try to worm ur account back to activity.

I always have GM checks in my macro's before I start warping. It's saved my ass a few times.

I been trying to wurm my way back to activity but they say in thier generated emails that the bannings are non-negotiable. 3 months or more since I been banned

I was suspended about 2 months ago using warp, Got it back and only thing i used was /gate and i got suspended again. Assuming it will go to banned here soon. They are banning all sorts of people now from what im hearing. Guess they dont want my money anymore, If my main gets banned im cancelling all 6 of my accounts.

i hacked quite a bit in pvp but im sure i was suspended for warp training a rival guild, also warped alot in fear that day dragging corpses and killing fright and ct, also transfered no drops via shared bank but my friends did too and didnt get suspended.
i blame TP.

Just got suspended for the very first time tonight. Don't know the reason. Was idleing in PoK when suddenly my computer froze up so had to hit the reset button. When I got back my account was suspended.

Could be numerous reasons for the suspension though; /warp, /gate, /fade, Semi-AFK ganking, Semi-AFK TSing. I wouldn't mind knowing the exact reason, so thinking of writing to SOE and asking what this is all about (acting stupid and all). Not sure I'm gonna bother though, I knew the risk and I'm now paying the price.

<edit>
I sent an e-mail because I'm curious, will see what happens..
Suspension of account XXXXXXXX?

Hi,

I was idleing in Plane of Knowledge when suddenly my computer freezes up and I'm forced to reset/reboot to get up and running again. When I return and try to log in to EverQuest I'm greeted by a message saying my account (XXXXXXXX) is suspended. I wish to inquire as to the reasons behind this suspension.

Thanks in advance,

XXXXXXXX
</edit>

If you get suspended....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back