• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Games - I Thought I Was Out.. (1 Viewer)

Bholm

RedCents
419¢
They Pull Me Back In!!

Here i am again i tried to stay away from EQ and this wonderful place. but i cannot.. it seems something is missing in all these "newer" games.
I just cant seem to lose the EverQuest itch, how many times have you guys tried to stop / take a break, just to find yourself missing EQ / redguides and everything that comes with it??

Welcome back!

/addiction on

Sounds like the lot of us. Depending on how long you have been gone, lots of new cool stuff here to check out like luas, etc.

As usual, the community remains amazing and strong so fire things up and feedd that addiction.

Welcome back.

I took a break a few years back, still nothing as good as EQ.

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

Welcome back!

/addiction on

Sounds like the lot of us. Depending on how long you have been gone, lots of new cool stuff here to check out like luas, etc.

As usual, the community remains amazing and strong so fire things up and feedd that addiction.
Dumb question, what is the main difference between macros and Luas? With my basic knowledge they seem really similar. Just one ends .Mac and the other .Lua. I know that is a dumb comment and shows my ignorance…

only able to run one macro at a time, able to run multiple luas at a time and luas have nice UI functions that can be used are the main differences that I can think of.

only able to run one macro at a time, able to run multiple luas at a time and luas have nice UI functions that can be used are the main differences that I can think of.
That would be damn nice to run multiple macros (luas) at once. I didn’t know it was that simple. Might start transitioning over to luas. Any chance kissassist will go Lua?

Welcome back! I am on a mini-break, again, myself until Test is fixed. Then I will be back, again.

I was out for like 8 years, then played on EQMac for like 6 months before they shut it down. I thought that was the end of my EQ career. Then about a year and a half ago, I figured I'd try to recover my main account and see if any of my old buddies still played (and played the same toon -- long shot, I know). Here I am now, running a full 6-box crew and working on plans for 2 more. Yay EQ! haha

how many times have you guys tried to stop / take a break
I've quit at least 7 times since eq beta

EQ solo, ill never play that again

The EQ game we play is basically a REAL real-time-strategy/squad game in 3rd person view in a fantasy world.

There is no other game like this, all other RTS games are either in 2d with simple 1-2 trick pony units or turn-based with 1-2trick pony units

Dumb question, what is the main difference between macros and Luas? With my basic knowledge they seem really similar. Just one ends .Mac and the other .Lua. I know that is a dumb comment and shows my ignorance…

Could not have said it better myself. You can run multiple Lua's so toons can do more than one thing at a time as opposed to Macro's

They Pull Me Back In!!

Here i am again i tried to stay away from EQ and this wonderful place. but i cannot.. it seems something is missing in all these "newer" games.
I just cant seem to lose the EverQuest itch, how many times have you guys tried to stop / take a break, just to find yourself missing EQ / redguides and everything that comes with it??

welcome back!

Yep, I've taken my EQvacation a few times.. I find its best to do in order to keep things fresh.. I get worn down with the grind, and just need the break..

but the best thing about coming back to EQ, is coming back to MQ and finding its evolved even more each time.. I was away for about 2 years this last time, came back in Dec-22, and came back to dannet (which is awesome), and the whole Lua structure thats now here with the new 'macroquest' .. RG has done a great job with the content here, I'm super impressed!

Granditos

Attempt to, at least partially, answer your question. I make no claim to being a know it all, just stuff I use. Mule Assist is a macro very similar to KA and is basically fashioned from it. MA has a Imgui interface called Maui that allows you to change your ini on the fly, really nice (in game). The reason why I call it a Imgui is bcause I was schooled to call it that. Lua is a programming language and Imgui's are the products generated from Lua. Even though most people still call them Lua's. LOL I promised I wouldn't call them Lua's anymore. And MA is free also, so is MAUI.

However! Even newer stuff is available. If you are familiar with KA or MA you know what it is like to have to readjust your ini's when you add new spells or skills. And the learning curve, OMG is horrendous. It is a MAJOR time sink to say the least. Then there is the "you better spell this right" troubleshooting, and the "is that the proper syntax" time waster. And when you have 6 characters to do it for, sheesh. I was spending more time doing that stuff than I was actually playing the game. Oh, don't get me wrong, it was very gratifying to get everything working properly, and I learned a lot of stuff along the way. Up until the next level lol. And then I learned something really revolutionary. I don't need to go through all that when I level. CWTN and Sic make these wonderful PLUGIN's called MQ2 XXX (class short name). Yes, they do cost $20 for each class, but you can use them on any account/character. Now I play the game and I don't worry about making the next level and the pain it brings. These plugin's are designed to take all that hassle away. You mem new spells while paused, and then unpause and the plugin picks up the new spell right away and your off to go kill some mobs. I pause because I want to see what the plugin is doing, you don't really have to pause. And another big PLUS to these plugins, is that they do things with your toons that you wouldn't normally do. They use all of that toons skills and spells. and does it on all of them at the same time. It's truly amazing. I have said this before and will repeat it here. I now spend more time watching my Enchanter than I do my Warrior, if you can believe that. My Enchanter is truly awesome to behold. She will pre buff the tank, buff all my casters, then when the fight starts, she will first slow the MA's target, then mezz any adds, THEN charm one of the adds and sic it on the target and then nuke it for added dps. And if mezz wears off then re mezz the mob and continue on. I can tell you that I would never be able to do all that stuff even if I was just playing that toon single, in a group. So now instead of troubleshooting my ini's I spend more time researching where I am going to exp at and what quests to do and especially what to gear my toons in than baby sitting my setups. It has made the game a ton more enjoyable for me. I would dare say that it put the FUN back in the game for me. Because in the long run I just wanted to play the game and NOT learn programming. It was so worth the money. And believe me I am not the only one to feel this way or as strongly as I do.

So to wrap this up, check out this thread for other info about Imgui's. We just went through this with another new person. Going from Day 1 to Dominating lots of good info here.

Vrak

I took a semi break once or twice. Last time I played Lost Ark. Dropped a few hundred on it. Was max level best gear for 2 different classes in a matter of 2 months. New expansions dropped, hated the grind, was just off somehow. SOOooo......., Here I am back to EQ/MQ with 6 subs, enjoying life.

I played from 99-07 and sold all for a pretty penny. EQ was consuming my life and I needed to spend time with my boys. They are grown now and I have reverted back to my selfish ways with my addiction. A friend of mine sent me a message in 2021 and told me to look uo P99. I forwarded that to another friend whom I used to play with. He told me he's still playing on live(I didn't know it still existed). Now here I am again. Friends, you gota love them! :doh:

I played from 99-07 and sold all for a pretty penny. EQ was consuming my life and I needed to spend time with my boys. They are grown now and I have reverted back to my selfish ways with my addiction. A friend of mine sent me a message in 2021 and told me to look uo P99. I forwarded that to another friend whom I used to play with. He told me he's still playing on live(I didn't know it still existed). Now here I am again. Friends, you gota love them! :doh:

nothing wrong with enjoying a hobby.. but healthy moderation.. that's always the fine line..

as i'm sure alot of guys here would agree with, happy wife, happy life.. I know when i push the limits by the look on her face hehe

I started with EQ back in late 99 and been part of this community at Redguides since 2005. I've taken many multi-year breaks in that time. I remember the days of having to run ShowEQ on a separate Linux box while you played. It's been a wild ride over the years. In that time, for some reason I always come back to EQ.

nothing wrong with enjoying a hobby.. but healthy moderation.. that's always the fine line..

as i'm sure alot of guys here would agree with, happy wife, happy life.. I know when i push the limits by the look on her face hehe
All I have to do is sit down on the couch with the TV remote and my wife says, "Why don't you play your game?" She knows sports, western or military movies are coming. :rock:

haha i thought i was free of the addiction, gone 6 years.. buddies mention checking out EQ again after mention of our other games servers dying and its like ok what is all this new goodness .. re-hooked.

Games - I Thought I Was Out..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back