• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - I realize this is an ELI5 situation, but... How do I use EQ Full Screen Window? (1 Viewer)

Zypporah

RedCents
80¢
I am 100% not computer proficient. Just being honest. So please explain like I'm 5 years old (ELI5).

I now have 2 monitors hooked up. Want to play EQ with the one and be able to look up stuff on Zam on the other while I'm in-game. Apparently I needed "boarderless windowed mode," which EQ does not have. Found here that there is something available, but I don't really understand that well how MQ2 works in general. Is this a plug-in? Do I download it? Where do I put the file? Any help would be very much appreciated.

I am 100% not computer proficient. Just being honest. So please explain like I'm 5 years old (ELI5).

I now have 2 monitors hooked up. Want to play EQ with the one and be able to look up stuff on Zam on the other while I'm in-game. Apparently I needed "boarderless windowed mode," which EQ does not have. Found here that there is something available, but I don't really understand that well how MQ2 works in general. Is this a plug-in? Do I download it? Where do I put the file? Any help would be very much appreciated.
eq doesn't have a "borderless windowed mode" unfortunately like you mentioned.

you absolutely definitely don't want to try and use full screen as eq likes to explode going fullscreen back and forth.

there isn't a plugin to allow this. there are other utilities like isboxer or wineq2

eq doesn't have a "borderless windowed mode" unfortunately like you mentioned.

you absolutely definitely don't want to try and use full screen as eq likes to explode going fullscreen back and forth.

there isn't a plugin to allow this. there are other utilities like isboxer or wineq2
Okay. What is the thing that I linked? It was from this forum. If it's just a regular file, do I download it, unzip it and... put it where?

Okay. What is the thing that I linked? It was from this forum. If it's just a regular file, do I download it, unzip it and... put it where?
I don't have any experience with that particular one. I have tried a dozen or so various "borderless fullscreen" things for eq, and the only one i personally use is isboxer.

With 2 (or more) monitors, i just set my EQ display res to match the monitor aspect ratio, then just open Alla's on the other monitor (s). If you have "extend my desktop enabled" in Windows, your EQ stays up full size on one display/s, and you can web browse on the other (s)? snip is of one SK up, another SK up, and a browser window on top of one of them.

1639749390106.png

Question - I realize this is an ELI5 situation, but... How do I use EQ Full Screen Window?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back