• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

I got punched on the bus yesterday (1 Viewer)

We were walkin from bar to bar 2 weekends ago, and my buddy walked up to some random guy and asked, "Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal lord and savior?" as a joke, but in a completely normal tone of voice... and the guy punched him in the face and ran away down the street.

It was entirely not one of the anticipated reactions.

Actually some guy was arguing with a girl who was with a different guy, and the two guys went at it and created one of those cartoony dust clouds with legs, arms, stars and birds flying out of it and I managed to get in the way.

:doh:

Perhaps a punch is what needs to be offered by such a man as you on a bus:

This German drink, called Grossmutters Punsch (Grandmother's Punch), is usually enjoyed warm

It can also be served as a refreshing chilled drink. For a festive touch, add a cinnamon stick to each glass.

Makes 6 servings.
subscribe to Bon Appétit >
ingredients
2 1/4 cups water
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
16 whole cloves
16 whole allspice
1 vanilla bean, chopped
1 tea bag (preferably Earl Grey)
1 750-ml bottle dry red wine
1/4 cup dark rum

Crushed ice (if serving punch chilled)
preparation
Combine water, honey, sugar, ginger, cloves, allspice and vanilla bean in heavy large saucepan. Bring mixture to boil over medium-high heat, stirring until honey and sugar dissolve. Boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add tea bag; let steep 5 minutes.

Strain syrup into bowl. Add wine and rum. If serving cold, refrigerate until chilled. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)

If serving cold, fill 6 glasses with crushed ice. Ladle punch into glasses. If serving hot, bring to simmer in medium saucepan. Pour punch into cups.

I'm really not sure if that sounds good or not, but I'm tempted to make it to find out.

:doh:

Perhaps a punch is what needs to be offered by such a man as you on a bus:

This German drink, called Grossmutters Punsch (Grandmother's Punch), is usually enjoyed warm

It can also be served as a refreshing chilled drink. For a festive touch, add a cinnamon stick to each glass.

Makes 6 servings.
subscribe to Bon Appétit >
ingredients
2 1/4 cups water
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
16 whole cloves
16 whole allspice
1 vanilla bean, chopped
1 tea bag (preferably Earl Grey)
1 750-ml bottle dry red wine
1/4 cup dark rum

Crushed ice (if serving punch chilled)
preparation
Combine water, honey, sugar, ginger, cloves, allspice and vanilla bean in heavy large saucepan. Bring mixture to boil over medium-high heat, stirring until honey and sugar dissolve. Boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add tea bag; let steep 5 minutes.

Strain syrup into bowl. Add wine and rum. If serving cold, refrigerate until chilled. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)

If serving cold, fill 6 glasses with crushed ice. Ladle punch into glasses. If serving hot, bring to simmer in medium saucepan. Pour punch into cups.

sort of reminds me of Glögg. Will have to try this recipe out. Thanks again for your wonderful posts. Oh, and still enjoying the Blenheim ginger ale that you had recommended. A truly wonderful beverage.

We are so delighted to find that Blenheim's concoction of ginger ale is still bringing you delight. We find it to be the only soft drink which makes all 4 seasons into a time to imbibe.

I don't know if I can drink six glasses but I can try?

If a thermos of such a punch were to be carried on a bus when the punch was made to be hot one could easily defuse a violent fight by throwing such a punch at the scofflaws.

We would ask that you drink 3 glasses in the chilled form and throw 3 in the hot form for protection.

I tried making the punch last night and set my kitchen on fire... Guess that why friends shoulden't let firends WOW and cook..

P.S. damage was minimal, but it stunk like hell

I tried making the punch last night and set my kitchen on fire... Guess that why friends shoulden't let firends WOW and cook..

P.S. damage was minimal, but it stunk like hell

While we are glad to see that no injury was sustained may we ask how the warming of mere liquid could lead one to a fire? Is perhaps your stove one of which burns wood?

Combine water, honey, sugar, ginger, cloves, allspice and vanilla bean in heavy large saucepan. Bring mixture to boil over medium-high heat, stirring until honey and sugar dissolve. Boil 5 minutes

whereas boiling for about 1 hour = water gone and nuttin but sugar left. Sugar burns quite nicely on a gas stove :yea:

I got punched on the bus yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back