• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - I finally added a Bard as my 6th (1 Viewer)

RedCents
670¢
Hello all, it took me a while to add a bard per most of your recommendations. I've been using MQ2 Shaman, MQ2 Eskay, MQ2 Mage and MQ2 BL, but I can't find one for a bard. Do I just do this manually on another computer to play the bard? What are you guys using for the bard?

Maybe I should go with a necro or another mage?

Thank you and have a wonderful Easter.

GO Bard ... Never go back!

Kiss Assist is the best thing for bard at the moment that I am aware of.

For simplicity sakes... RGMercs for bard will do well enough and get you up and running with literally just a few keystrokes. I would suggest this until you can spend time learning enough to get Kiss going.

I tried to use the RGMercs now, got it downloaded, then loaded in game, I memorized spells, and it's not activating or whatever. She just stands there. I will create a nerco or enchanter and go with a MQ2 which is far much easier.

Thanks for the help Dlaevid2

@matternk I personally use kissassist for my bard.. it seems to work pretty good overall.. theres also alot of good bard sample kiss ini's available for many level ranges..

what I would do, grab one of those, start there, and modify as needed to match the gear / songs you have.. usually though if you can find an ini thats close or equal to your bard's level, it should need very little adjustment..

@matternk I personally use kissassist for my bard.. it seems to work pretty good overall.. theres also alot of good bard sample kiss ini's available for many level ranges..

what I would do, grab one of those, start there, and modify as needed to match the gear / songs you have.. usually though if you can find an ini thats close or equal to your bard's level, it should need very little adjustment..
I just heroic'd him to 100 about a hour ago. I thought I read I can't use kissassit for my bard, if the rest of my box group is MQ2.

I just heroic'd him to 100 about a hour ago. I thought I read I can't use kissassit for my bard, if the rest of my box group is MQ2.

sorry, i am a bit confused..

you're saying the rest of your group is using MQ2class plugins.. thats fine.. they just havent released the bard one publicly yet.. so for now you have to use a different means to control your bard..

kissassist or rgmercs, are both viable macros to use..

just realize the command structure to talk to your bard using those will be different than the syntax and commands you are using for the CWTN MQ2 plugins.. thats all..

I think sic covers alot of that in his videos..

You guys are amazing! I should of added a bard to my box group a while back. My bard is just lvl 100, and I added him to my group 120 monk, 120 shaman, 120 mage, 120 sk, 119 BL and I already notice a significant increase of dps. mobs dropping faster.

Thank you guys! i'm just using the lvl 100 heroic bard ini for kissassist. Thank you!~

only problem im having now, is that when i'm using my driver to pull, and when I FD to split.... all the mobs are running to the camp... this has never happened before, but since I started the bard and using kissassist, they are aggroing my dudes at the camp spot. Maybe a song is aggroing?

There are are two AOE regen song the bard's singing (pulse or chorus) that makes him a little agro magnet. IIRC messing with med singing settings fixed that for me. But I also don't bother splitting camps for the most part with a SHD. Just tank it all.

If you have reaching notes aa enabled on your bard, it can cause you to get aggro from a radius of about 240 I believe. Typically if you've installed rgmercs, you need to use the command /mac RGMercsInstall.mac. Then you'd want to run /rgstart to get the bard to start doing its thing. Then from there it's a matter of learning the commands to get it to follow your group, stop following, camping, setting which mode you want it in and burn options. I love having a bard in my groups, they're very handy.

I tried to use the RGMercs now, got it downloaded, then loaded in game, I memorized spells, and it's not activating or whatever. She just stands there. I will create a nerco or enchanter and go with a MQ2 which is far much easier.

Thanks for the help Dlaevid2
Be sure with RGM or KA that you target your main assist before starting. Or name your assist in the startup. Either way they wont do much without it.

Kiss is really the thing to use. Just if you want it to do certain things there is a learning curve. Sic's Bard profiles are a good starting point for sure. I copied and used his for many moons until I learned what I wanted done differently then edited it. Best thing about KA is the ability to make it work how YOU want.

I'm going to use the 110 as soon as I can... My bard is only 101 now. Thanks for this reply. Good stuff
If you have reaching notes aa enabled on your bard, it can cause you to get aggro from a radius of about 240 I believe. Typically if you've installed rgmercs, you need to use the command /mac RGMercsInstall.mac. Then you'd want to run /rgstart to get the bard to start doing its thing. Then from there it's a matter of learning the commands to get it to follow your group, stop following, camping, setting which mode you want it in and burn options. I love having a bard in my groups, they're very handy.
You may be my hero bro... The camp im at now now I've been doing really well, but since I did this kissassist with my bard, i've been getting pulls of 3 or more when I pull with my monk. Usually I just bring 1 or 2, now when I try to split them, they just run straight for the group. Like a magnet. I just disabled this... keeping my fingers crossed this works. Thank you.

and something else is weird since I did kissasssist. My monk who I drive with, he doesn't use mq2monk or anything. he's my main that I raid with, I drive my other toons with him. He is the Puller and main assist, since I downloaded kissassist on my bard, when I pull a mob, he moves automatically behind the mob... it's strange, never happened before.... I worry that when I raid tomorrow night, he gonna be moving around. Never had this issue before today.

Question - I finally added a Bard as my 6th

Users who are viewing this thread

Back