• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - I am having problems with Advanced Loot, PLEASE HELP (1 Viewer)

afortner87

RedCents
1,110¢
Hey guys so I am having a problem with Advanced Loot window. I 6 box and have 1 character which is the group leader and also is the master looter set to Always Need, Need, & Auto Roll... All 3 boxes are checked near each item that I want looted, and on the rest of my toons i have them all set to Never for every item dropped.

Now my problem lies here.... it will work for about 5 or 10 minutes, sometimes it will work for an hour, it will do as it is supposed to do picking up the intended loot and handing it to my master looter. All of a sudden it will stop picking up the desired items I want looted and instead of looting them it it gets left on the ground.

I have noticed that if i unclick the auto roll , Need, and Always Need boxes and then reclick them as to reset them that will work temporarily and then it will do the same thing all over again. Any help is much appreciated thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys so I am having a problem with Advanced Lott window. I 6 box and have 1 character which is the group leader and also is the master looter set to Always Need, Need, & Auto Roll... All 3 boxes are checked near each item that I want looted, and on the rest of my toons i have them all set to Never for every item dropped.

Now my problem lies here.... it will work for about 5 or 10 minutes, sometimes it will work for an hour, it will do as it is supposed to do picking up the intended loot and handing it to my master looter. All of a sudden it will stop picking up the desired items I want looted and instead of looting them it it gets left on the ground.

I have noticed that if i unclick the auto roll , Need, and Always Need boxes and then reclick them as to reset them that will work temporarily and then it will do the same thing all over again.

Is anybody else having these problems? My ideal situation would be to let my toons sit somewhere overnight and kill/loot while I am sleeping.
sorry to hear about your looting issue.

regarding overnight while you're sleeping we don't support or condone afk killing here at redguides :( that can and will get you banned.

sorry to hear about your looting issue.

regarding overnight while you're sleeping we don't support or condone afk killing here at redguides :( that can and will get you banned.
I apologize I was not trying to go against any rules . That was just an idea situation I was trying to give an example for....

It sounds like you may have filters set in your characters advloot files that are potentially conflicting with mq2autoloot. You actually want to remove all of those built in filters if you are using mq2autoloot.
there's no need to do that.

if you have apply filters checked, it uses the in game advl settings - if it is not checked mq2autoloot does its thing

you can absolutely keep your in-game adv filter settings for times you don't want to use autoloot

there's no need to do that.

if you have apply filters checked, it uses the in game advl settings - if it is not checked mq2autoloot does its thing

you can absolutely keep your in-game adv filter settings for times you don't want to use autoloot

fine. i'd still kill them and throw them away into the trash where they belong. ;)

It sounds like you may have filters set in your characters advloot files that are potentially conflicting with mq2autoloot. You actually want to remove all of those built in filters if you are using mq2autoloot. You CANNOT have AN/AG set for items if you are using mq2autoloot.
I dont think I am using mqautoloot plugin, I am talking about the Advanced Loot /advl. Should I not use Advanced Loot built in the game or should i use the ini files

Personally I would stay away from the in game system and use mq2autoloot and the loot.ini file it generates. You can direct all loot there very easily. Apparently you simply need to uncheck "apply filters" in the advloot window rather than delete the files it makes.

Personally I would stay away from the in game system and use mq2autoloot and the loot.ini file it generates. You can direct all loot there very easily. Apparently you simply need to uncheck "apply filters" in the advloot window rather than delete the files it makes.
thank you, so just type in /plugin mq2autoloot and then what? how do i specify what i want sent to which characters? is there a ini file that this reads from?

yeah check out the instructions in the mq2autoloot thread. but you can filter things like this:

Item=Gear|Classes|WAR|SHD|PAL|NumberToLoot|1|

that would send one to each warrior, shadowknight or paladin and ignore on everyone else.

Item=Quest|10

each char loots ten

Item=Destroy

loots the item AND destroys it.

Discussion - I am having problems with Advanced Loot, PLEASE HELP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back