• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - How will you spend your level 100 Boosts? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,839¢
As you guys probably know every gold account is getting a 100 Heroic toons. How do you plan to spend yours?

Me? A lot of Crowd Control and a couple of tanks. If I make a group to level it will be low DPS with focus on crowd control and I may build a beefy warrior raid tank.

How about you guys?

well, Id like to get more details on that, is it for all people who are gold before the 16th, or can you turn gold and still get that...that's important :) FOMO, sure. FUD, also :-D

They say "members".
Is that achieved with either paid sub or krono?

or is it just paid sub?

I know we get some perks when pop a krono, but just wonder on how it impacts these gifted offerings.

The other thing that comes to mind.

We are currently F2P COV. With ToL, NoS and LS as paid expansions.
  • Sometime there is likely see ToL ( with it's level 120 cap ) become F2P.
  • Plus there will likely be the autogrant change up an expansion at some point too.

I'm just mentioning these, for those that are thinking what to do with Krono; and weigh up the potential win of a 100 level toon, versus the two points above.

Not a problem for the krono rich people, but those who maybe have plan what they are doing - somethng to think about.

The other thing that comes to mind.

We are currently F2P COV. With ToL, NoS and LS as paid expansions.
  • Sometime there is likely see ToL ( with it's level 120 cap ) become F2P.
  • Plus there will likely be the autogrant change up an expansion at some point too.

I'm just mentioning these, for those that are thinking what to do with Krono; and weigh up the potential win of a 100 level toon, versus the two points above.

Not a problem for the krono rich people, but those who maybe have plan what they are doing - somethng to think about.
They just bumped the autogrant to ToV when LS came out. I'd be surprised if another autogrant increase was coming.

They say "members".
Is that achieved with either paid sub or krono?

or is it just paid sub?

I know we get some perks when pop a krono, but just wonder on how it impacts these gifted offerings.
Based on the past way they have worded this kind of stuff what it means is that "everyone" who logs in will get the Silver Crown usually means all accounts, f2p etc.

Whereas "members' who log in mean only paid accounts. - does not matter if you paid with Krono, your mom's credit card or whatever.

well i only need one more mage to have one on every account
maybe finish up the rog shinny hunting army or the druid forage/fishing army

No notice of this in the in game calendar or pop up yet, but the folks at eqr have a better grip on events than the game announcers usually.

There is also supposed to be an exp bonus:

You'll earn additional experience during this celebratory time. 50% bonus to experience gains!

Not a good sign...what would cause DBG to try to "pad" their active user count mid-year after some pretty bad financials last couple of showings?

(tin foil hat on!)

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

As you guys probably know every gold account is getting a 100 Heroic toons. How do you plan to spend yours?

Me? A lot of Crowd Control and a couple of tanks. If I make a group to level it will be low DPS with focus on crowd control and I may build a beefy warrior raid tank.

How about you guys?
When will this happen?

If you scroll up there is a post that shows the info and a link to another post that shows the same

It appears to start tomorrow

I would expect the Royal Silver Crown ornament will be to all characters and be able to modify to use as an ornament or just on your head if you don't have the HF feature.

Since Heroic are per account then the Darkpaw Torch Ornament, a Goblet of Adventure II, and a Level 100 Heroic Character! would be more like per account

It does not say u have to be a gold account. It says u should just log in
If your used to the lingo they use then its recognized by the difference between "everyone who logs in" and "MEMBERS who log in" which are paid accounts. They do not consider F2P/Silver as "members" for this stuff.

A paid account is a paid account. How you pay for it is your business :)

It also doesn't specific weather or not the account needs to be gold. However, if following past events they did a time frame of " X date to X date of character made then you qualify. Who knows, We wont until tomorrow LOL

Also what if you sub then log in during the window does it qualify? lol wish they had a frequently asked question

i have a silly idea... can it be used on personas? my lazy ass wants to level a rogue to farm old raid content like vex thall. on my main acc i have a level 125 sk who is severly lacking the pick lock skill that i have to have for VT.

Have you tried it? 🙂
Game Update Notes - February 21, 2024

Removed Heroic Character options when creating a new Persona. Personas can still be upgraded using the options in the Inventory window

But no, havent tried. But I have deleted a 120 heroic group and planning to use the heroic on personas instead.

My two redcents...roll a new account per krono...don't make alts on your already existing accounts...if you've got a current account subbed...good chance to pop that heroic on someone you've been working on.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

Discussion - How will you spend your level 100 Boosts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back