• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - How to ditch that rubbish EQBC and get with the times with the sexy MQ2DanNet (1 Viewer)

Correct, that was just an example, if you read above that G7 mentioned you want *.ini and he just does eqclient*.ini as an example. But it would also probably be in other files, like if you use MyButtons. @imgregrice had something he was using. G7 doesn't come around much anymore.
the issue with the setup discription is there's a ton of inferred information. Its not written for people who don't know anything. Im somewhere in the middle and I have to figure out a lot to make this stuff work out. I am the EQBCS of people who use MQ. /shrugs

Correct, that was just an example, if you read above that G7 mentioned you want *.ini and he just does eqclient*.ini as an example. But it would also probably be in other files, like if you use MyButtons. @imgregrice had something he was using. G7 doesn't come around much anymore.
So, follow up question. If i ran this in my MQNext folder, this would totally change all the EQBCS keys in all my inis to DANNET ones. Like aliases and such. Would that cause any obvious problems? Seems like it could.

@kaen01 fixed the powershell script. He should be able to share it or I can try to dig it out.
@Myysterio you run it against your Next folder you point it to your EQ folder and it is set to update all of your hotkeys from eqbcs to dannet.... I suppose you could set it to change alias's as well but I didn't mess with that... its really just replacing the data in your files so I guess you could run it against any folder...

@kaen01 fixed the powershell script. He should be able to share it or I can try to dig it out.
@Myysterio you run it against your Next folder you point it to your EQ folder and it is set to update all of your hotkeys from eqbcs to dannet.... I suppose you could set it to change alias's as well but I didn't mess with that... its really just replacing the data in your files so I guess you could run it against any folder...
Im not familiar with running scripts in powershell. Do you know somewhere which will prepare me for this part?

Keep in mind that if your not savvy with powershell you can always open the file with Notepad (Edit -> replace) or Notepad++ (Search -> replace) and replace your EQBCS syntax

bct -> dex
bcga -> dgga
bcg -> dgge
bca -> dgex

--Taz

Keep in mind that if your not savvy with powershell you can always open the file with Notepad (Edit -> replace) or Notepad++ (Search -> replace) and replace your EQBCS syntax

bct -> dex
bcga -> dgga
bcg -> dgge
bca -> dgex

--Taz
careful tho. eqbc uses two "//" forward slashes where dannet does not

bct -> dex
bcga -> dgga
bcg -> dgge
bca -> dgex

--Taz

I have like 10 toons that need new buttons. I will learn how to use powershell if it saves me time :P

Havent found a solution to what im trying to get accomplished yet so posting here for some input>>> MQ2 on 4 toons, loaded Dannet, followed all the instructions to the best of my knowledge after watching the videos and following the script with Dannet. The issue im having is mymain, SK is giving the commands to the other three but they are not responding.
What ive done so far:
/plugin dannet unload
/plugin dannet load

Dnet interface, shows :
0ethernet ... and
1Loopback pseudo.... but there is no >>> pointing to either, saw that in one of Sic's mentions ( can be an issue, dont know)

Dnet info shows:
mq22dannet :: v0.7524
CHANNELS:
::all
(sk name)
::group1
(SK name)
::Group_(servername)_(SK NAME)
(SKNAME)
(one of my other three toons name) wondering why not all ?
(SK NAME)
::TANK
(SK NAME)
::zone_server_oceangreenhills
(SK NAME)

when i send a simple command such as:
/dex (toonname) testing, as i understand it, that toon should say, "Testing"

More complicated commands which led me to here, is casting invis>
i.e. /dex (toon name) /alt activate 3730

Nota, thanks in advance and preciate all responses,,,

Havent found a solution to what im trying to get accomplished yet so posting here for some input>>> MQ2 on 4 toons, loaded Dannet, followed all the instructions to the best of my knowledge after watching the videos and following the script with Dannet. The issue im having is mymain, SK is giving the commands to the other three but they are not responding.
What ive done so far:
/plugin dannet unload
/plugin dannet load

Dnet interface, shows :
0ethernet ... and
1Loopback pseudo.... but there is no >>> pointing to either, saw that in one of Sic's mentions ( can be an issue, dont know)

Dnet info shows:
mq22dannet :: v0.7524
CHANNELS:
::all
(sk name)
::group1
(SK name)
::Group_(servername)_(SK NAME)
(SKNAME)
(one of my other three toons name) wondering why not all ?
(SK NAME)
::TANK
(SK NAME)
::zone_server_oceangreenhills
(SK NAME)

when i send a simple command such as:
/dex (toonname) testing, as i understand it, that toon should say, "Testing"

More complicated commands which led me to here, is casting invis>
i.e. /dex (toon name) /alt activate 3730

Nota, thanks in advance and preciate all responses,,,
Check the instructions tab and follow that. All toons need to do it (or log them all out except one).

Guide - How to ditch that rubbish EQBC and get with the times with the sexy MQ2DanNet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back