• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How to configure all casters in group to sit if not currently casting (1 Viewer)

RedCents
21¢
I am running a 6 man group with 4 casters. Currently I'm using a command in eqbc to tell all my casters to sit and this is getting very old when you do it several times each mob. I've tried setting medcombat=1 but then the casters sit until they are full, healer doesnt heal, casters dont nuke till full. Also I tried setting med start to 99 but that didnt help either.

Is it possible to configure spell casters to always sit if not casting a spell currently while not being locked to sitting and medding to full? and how would you do this?

Thanks.

medcombat=0
medstart=80

They will sit between fights once below 80 mana (or w/e % you want) but start casting once the attack call is made. During combat they should be casting almost continuously, or waiting for the GCD to refresh, so in combat sitting isn't going to happen. If you need more med time, you'll need to put them on mounts, which requires outdoor zones.

medcombat=0
medstart=80

They will sit between fights once below 80 mana (or w/e % you want) but start casting once the attack call is made. During combat they should be casting almost continuously, or waiting for the GCD to refresh, so in combat sitting isn't going to happen. If you need more med time, you'll need to put them on mounts, which requires outdoor zones.
Tried those settings. Any medcombat or medstart setting either results in them standing and not medding enough or sitting and not casting enough. Also I spend most of my time in dungeons so a mount usually wont work. Also I dont currently feel like paying for mounts on all my 6 characters. If there is something that you can change in mq2melee or mq2cast or some other plugin to help with this would be appreciated.

I am running a 6 man group with 4 casters. Currently I'm using a command in eqbc to tell all my casters to sit and this is getting very old when you do it several times each mob. I've tried setting medcombat=1 but then the casters sit until they are full, healer doesnt heal, casters dont nuke till full. Also I tried setting med start to 99 but that didnt help either.

Is it possible to configure spell casters to always sit if not casting a spell currently while not being locked to sitting and medding to full? and how would you do this?

Thanks.

I don't think KISS will let you do that. Once a mob is on extended target the script will keep you in combat mode. I have a similar problem with my bard always running out of endurance. Of course it's not a show stopper because the bard can still sing without endurance.

For your casters make sure they are using mana wisely. As mentioned already, use mounts. Use Mod Rods continuously if you have a mage. Use mana regen song if you have a bard. Use stat foods and drinks. Use Miniature Horn of Unity whenever it's up. Get the best chanter mind buffs you can. And use conditions to ensure they don't waste dots and nukes on low health mobs.

Also you can adjust the PullPause setting on your puller to take appropriate timed breaks to ensure the casters can med up to full periodically.

Or just let them go OOM and eventually your group will stabilize and only kill what your total mana regen will allow. :)

Tried those settings. Any medcombat or medstart setting either results in them standing and not medding enough or sitting and not casting enough. Also I spend most of my time in dungeons so a mount usually wont work. Also I dont currently feel like paying for mounts on all my 6 characters. If there is something that you can change in mq2melee or mq2cast or some other plugin to help with this would be appreciated.
Medding between combat is the best KA will do out of the box. It's not setup to the do the sit-stand dance between individual spell casts.

Does sitting even help you med if you're in combat? I thought that in-combat medding was nerfed.

This will make you sit, though I'm not sure if it will interrupt spell casts too.
INI:
DPS8=command:/sit|99|Cond12
Cond12=${Me.Standing}

Does sitting even help you med if you're in combat? I thought that in-combat medding was nerfed.

This will make you sit, though I'm not sure if it will interrupt spell casts too.
INI:
Cond12=${Me.Standing}
Easy to test that theory. Either way sitting during combat is not noticeable to me but I don't play a wiz. SK don't go oom, SHM canni, and my CLR rarely goes under 90%. My bard does run out of STA sometimes but that takes hours of nonstop pulls.

would adding an extra check to the condition help?
INI::
Cond12=${Me.Standing} && !${Me.Casting}
That might keep the sit command from activating interupting a needed cast

You could do:
${Me.PctAggro}<90

Which will make it so that you sit if you are not being hit. If you are being hit then your aggro must be 100% so this should work. If aggro ever reaches 90% or more, you will stand up.

I would also do this to be safe:
${Me.PctHPs}>90

Sit aggro on low health is massive.

There are other things you might like too, for example this:
${SpawnCount[npc radius 15 zradius 10]}<1

That will check that there are no mobs within radius 15 of you. You could lower that to 5 or whatever is best. Personally I wouldn't bother doing this command at all though unless you are on an emulator or something. In real EQ the regen rate for sitting in combat is very low, maybe no better than just standing. Before they added the "out of combat resting state" then sitting in battles was worthwhile, but that was changed a long time ago in modern EQ. Also I seem to be the only one but I always set my characters to medstart=99 because I don't see the point of them not always medding whenever they are out of combat. The only problem is that if you are travelling somewhere and they are not full of mana, they will keep trying to sit to med. But I think it is good practice to med to full before travelling anyway, something bad might happen :)

If you still want to do it, here's another condition that is pretty cool:

${Me.TargetOfTarget.CleanName.Equal[!${Me.CleanName}]}

That says only do this if the mob the group is fighting is not me. Of all of them I would probably just go with the first one (the aggro check), and the HP check.

Last edited:
with using

DPS20=command:/sit|99|Cond1
Cond1=${Me.Standing} && !${Me.Casting} && ${Me.PctHPs}>80

my macro crashes sometimes. more so if i manually try and click a spell on my own. Is there a better way to sit without it crashing?

Question - How to configure all casters in group to sit if not currently casting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back