• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • EverQuest (live servers) were patched today and MacroQuest developers are putting in time for their own update. Please show them your appreciation. Per brainiac, ETA is 12am EST (from 11pm)

IRL - How the total randomness of the world sometimes comes up in weird ways (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,228¢
So today has been about as surreal as it gets for me, I just met two people who I've know in Everquest, both were from the same guild Dia'Kat a Japenese guild I was in many many years ago (around 2001).

It was total random chance we met, we literally were stood together in a que to get some coffee, Jar (the Japanese lad) saw my tee-shirt (had VorpalChicken on it) and commmented to me did I know VorpalChicken, I then told him who I was and the guy behind Jar (Mark, from Australia) spoke up and we suddenly realised we all knew each other.

Spent an awesome morning in the coffee shop catching up.

Totally blown my mind how pure chance can come up like that.

That's so cool. Back in '99 found out that a bunch of my guildies lived in San Diego too. We all met up at a coffee shop (there were 10+ of us -- most of them worked at the same company OR were associated with people at that company) and talked EQ for a couple hours.

There was a dude doing post-grad sociology study and came over and asked us how we all knew each other because some of the conversation he had overheard didn't make sense to him. So we explained it to him for a bit and he thought it was cool how we had all come together.

So today has been about as surreal as it gets for me, I just met two people who I've know in Everquest, both were from the same guild Dia'Kat a Japenese guild I was in many many years ago (around 2001).

It was total random chance we met, we literally were stood together in a que to get some coffee, Jar (the Japanese lad) saw my tee-shirt (had VorpalChicken on it) and commmented to me did I know VorpalChicken, I then told him who I was and the guy behind Jar (Mark, from Australia) spoke up and we suddenly realised we all knew each other.

Spent an awesome morning in the coffee shop catching up.

Totally blown my mind how pure chance can come up like that.

Serendipity & Synchronicity​

I think just the opposite of showing randomness it shows things are not random at all.

Synchronicities are incidents of spiritual significance that ask us to momentarily dampen our self-obsession and consider the possibility of the divine. Synchronistic experiences leave us with a curious sense that we should pay attention.

Many years ago my Family decided out of the blue to go the Disneyland, a long long trip for us.
The very first day in line for a ride there stood in the next elbow of the line a Family we knew from our home city, we had not seen each other in a while and there was simply no reason both Famies should end up so far from home on the same day in the same crowded play next to one another.

Many years ago my Family decided out of the blue to go the Disneyland, a long long trip for us.
The very first day in line for a ride there stood in the next elbow of the line a Family we knew from our home city, we had not seen each other in a while and there was simply no reason both Famies should end up so far from home on the same day in the same crowded play next to one another.
You were all feeling Goofy at the same time! I don't care what age or stage in life you are at, Disneyland is good times. I do miss the smoke shop on Main St. though. They had these apple cigars that were pretty damn good.

You were all feeling Goofy at the same time! I don't care what age or stage in life you are at, Disneyland is good times. I do miss the smoke shop on Main St. though. They had these apple cigars that were pretty damn good.

Well the thing is we had never traveled more than a 30 mile radius from home. We crossed the whole state, and end up with People from across town Lol Crazy!

IRL - How the total randomness of the world sometimes comes up in weird ways

Users who are viewing this thread

Back