• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How quickly can YOU level?? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,108¢
I know we have quite a few veteran players here at RG. I am sure many of you are well versed in the art of power leveling. So I need to know....what is your record for how quickly you can get from Lvl 1 to Lvl 80. And then to Lvl 100?

I am curious how time efficient everyone has gotten over the years.

:) :D :dance:

Me personally As long as i can do 1-115 in 1 week im solid and happy. Honestly Seems to be 1-85 is about 1 day to 2 days depends on my work ethic lol. 85-100 seems to be like 4 -5 hours then 100-110 is about the rest of that day so 8-12 hours. then can do 110-115 in 3 or 4 days. Then from 115-120 its a SOLID 5 days for me. No EASY way to do it lol

thanks to the collectable bug on test i levelled a toon from 25-120 in 11 mins ... rip collectable bug

but doing it properly (again test has exp bonus) and using copied pots i go from 25-85 in about 2 - 3 hrs depending on drive to grind

just have to wait on xp bonus run tov ha's that would get a level 100 to 113 then a couple of hours to 115 then do ToL ha's and u'll get 119 and then again a couple more hours ding 120 but with out xp bonus it will take a min i run sk bard 3 zerk's and the 1 PL healer out of group with 10-15 sec kill rate still takes a min to do with reg exp

I thought I was pretty fast but these times are out of this world.

I use the classic SK or bard pull , PLee team does a AE to damage, then turn on DS and watch trash kill itself method for PL'ing.

I can hit 1-75 in about 4-5 hrs on a live server, no xp pots , no bonus xp.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Level 1 to 18 - crescent reach - I use bard to pull mobs in then level 2 bard in PLee group does ae - really slow until about level 10 then it starts to pick up when bard ae can land on the undead. This is the slowest part ~ 45min ?

level 18-28 - I move blightfire moor - pulling all the stuff along the south edge working to the east. Usually end up with two big pulls on the east corner with the wasps. ~ 20-30min and PLee team will be 27-30 ish.

level 28-34 - I move to stone hive - pull the outside mobs and maybe one pass inside hive. Takes about 15-20 min and PLee team should be pushing 34.

At this point I've moved a druid up and port team to grimling forest. I also switch to SK (with high level bard in group)

* * port to grimling forest * *

level 36-40 - NW caves in grimling forest - do single pull with everything. 10-15 min.

level 40-45 - Acrylia Caverns - pull everything to zone in in two pulls. 10-15 min.

* * port to the bloodfields -> Nobles **

Level 45-48 - Pull everything around the zone line in nobles causeway

Leval 48-55 - Pull everything around the zone line in bloodfields , then pull the center area, then around zone line into RCoD. Repeat until crew is 55 and can zone into RCoD

Level 55-65 - RCoD is a great zone. Lots of high density mobs. Named have AE's so have to be careful with team here. Do 3-4 big pulls and team should be ready to move.

Level 65-75 - The grounds. drop the 65 bard (can't land AE on level 85 mobs) and add level 75 bard I keep here for PLing. This is great until about 70-75 then it starts to slow down.

I think the next time I do a batch I may try the chapel/arena area in shards landing.

Mobs start doing a significant amount of damage "en mass" and have enough hp that even at 20-25K DS takes a while for them to die so I'm not sure if it will turn out to be faster or not.

I also want to try out the "red wine" quest to see if I can get the 1-20 part done faster that way.

I thought I was pretty fast but these times are out of this world.

I use the classic SK or bard pull , PLee team does a AE to damage, then turn on DS and watch trash kill itself method for PL'ing.

I can hit 1-75 in about 4-5 hrs on a live server, no xp pots , no bonus xp.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Level 1 to 18 - crescent reach - I use bard to pull mobs in then level 2 bard in PLee group does ae - really slow until about level 10 then it starts to pick up when bard ae can land on the undead. This is the slowest part ~ 45min ?

level 18-28 - I move blightfire moor - pulling all the stuff along the south edge working to the east. Usually end up with two big pulls on the east corner with the wasps. ~ 20-30min and PLee team will be 27-30 ish.

level 28-34 - I move to stone hive - pull the outside mobs and maybe one pass inside hive. Takes about 15-20 min and PLee team should be pushing 34.

At this point I've moved a druid up and port team to grimling forest. I also switch to SK (with high level bard in group)

* * port to grimling forest * *

level 36-40 - NW caves in grimling forest - do single pull with everything. 10-15 min.

level 40-45 - Acrylia Caverns - pull everything to zone in in two pulls. 10-15 min.

* * port to the bloodfields -> Nobles **

Level 45-48 - Pull everything around the zone line in nobles causeway

Leval 48-55 - Pull everything around the zone line in bloodfields , then pull the center area, then around zone line into RCoD. Repeat until crew is 55 and can zone into RCoD

Level 55-65 - RCoD is a great zone. Lots of high density mobs. Named have AE's so have to be careful with team here. Do 3-4 big pulls and team should be ready to move.

Level 65-75 - The grounds. drop the 65 bard (can't land AE on level 85 mobs) and add level 75 bard I keep here for PLing. This is great until about 70-75 then it starts to slow down.

I think the next time I do a batch I may try the chapel/arena area in shards landing.

Mobs start doing a significant amount of damage "en mass" and have enough hp that even at 20-25K DS takes a while for them to die so I'm not sure if it will turn out to be faster or not.

I also want to try out the "red wine" quest to see if I can get the 1-20 part done faster that way.

Thank you for the realistic post that doesn't include any BS. This is informative and well laid out.

I appreciate you!

When heroics were 85 and top was 115 could do that easily in a week. Now I can go from 100 to 120 in a couple weeks. I stick the 100 in group with the 120's. I get the free xp pot from marketplace and also the 10 xp that comes if you get the gift of legacy lost claim. Will leave him out of group or offline and try to get a lot of fellowship xp saved up then back in group to use it up. I also have a friend who when he has time wiill stick toon in group so can get fellowship xp boost and xp from me killing if I am on with mine. I find a zone usually t-2 because I hate hate hate lots of people in zone....I like to be alone...Did I mention I hate more than 7 in zone? haha. Go to camp with no quest mobs or named off in a corner and kill for hours. Do the missions in tov cause they are a ton of xp..drink some energy drinks.....maybe a beverage with alcohol lol and try to stay awake. I go to ka-veth because my rogues can assasinate but not a biggie if they aren't able to. I am off for 3 months of the year because I have a outside job in lawn care so obviously I do my leveling in these months because once I am back to work 12 hours a day 6 or 7 a week everquest isn't top on my list anymore ...Usually sleep is lol. Lots can do it way faster than me. You need a zone that has lots of mobs that you can pull steady..even if it isn't the best xp. A group that can keep mana through hours of pulling or endurance and decent dps and of course a steady pace and lots of time. Save the gear changes and other stuff for patch day and go go go. If you can afford potions with station cash and combine it with extra xp from daybreak promotions all the better. There are a ton of tricks but getting people to give up thier secret methods is like asking for them to give up their first born child and I can't blame them. I believe everyone on here they have done it that fast..they could tell you how they did it....but they would have to kill you after haha. As far as leveling from 1.....yea screw that. I am 50 and too old and ugly for that joy now.

Reading through void guide and definitely will have to try the first quest to kick start the team to level 12 and using the golden pick for the proc to damage any level mob is priceless.

The "hit all" macro with the golden pick is interesting and would definitely make things go faster just jumping straight to the grounds.

The issue I have is pulling the swarms of mobs in the grounds is fun for the first 10 pulls. Gets kind of 'meh' doing it for hours.

The other difference I noticed is leveling a single character vs a group. I don't generally level a single character at a time, its usually 3-5 at once, so my numbers above may be a lot slower due to that.

Reading through void guide and definitely will have to try the first quest to kick start the team to level 12 and using the golden pick for the proc to damage any level mob is priceless.

The "hit all" macro with the golden pick is interesting and would definitely make things go faster just jumping straight to the grounds.

The issue I have is pulling the swarms of mobs in the grounds is fun for the first 10 pulls. Gets kind of 'meh' doing it for hours.

The other difference I noticed is leveling a single character vs a group. I don't generally level a single character at a time, its usually 3-5 at once, so my numbers above may be a lot slower due to that.
It takes about the same time to level 6 chars to 90 as 1 (DS PL) and it takes about the same time to level 5 chars via xp group PL as it does 1 character to 110 or 113 or whatever you would use for your PL stop point and move to regular groups. The group bonus makes up all the difference.

Takes right at a week for me to do 100 to 120 and max aa. That’s about 8k aa a day w/o bonus. About 4 days four a viable character. I think it’s around 2-5hrs a level from 110 to 118, then do ToV and ToL heroics to 120.

I use heroic gear on toon until 115 then apply a waxing crescent round, then use heroic loots for non-vis until 120. I stop to do enough AAs for synergy and gift of mana.

This is using the two group method, one pushing fellowship to the PLee in the other. The faster both groups can kill, the better.

I like to twink out some level 1 toons over a couple of month with Equipable No Drop gear from world bosses etc and then plow through CR newbie area with a Cleric casting temp hp buff and a viral reverse damageshield. I level quite fast to 20 pulling towards the water and undead.

I know its not optimal way of leveling, but it has a special punch to it as you play the twinked toon as you go. I believe I hit 20 in about 35mins pending repops.

How?
So far I am not liking this post because everyone is responding with things that are unbelievable without proof it happened.

I could have done this back when ghosting was around, but this doesn't seem realistic in todays environment.
11 toons force feeding vitality to the new character, during the extra life bonuses. Pounded out 100-114, did tov/tol missions, topped off with collects. By time I did missions they basically each had nearly full tol ore t3 grp and a few pieces of cov raid. Dropped them in with sk tank grps (more resilient to heals being behind in raw power while aaing) , high dps grps with each and 11 feeding vitality to each one. I honestly probably could have done it faster if I had really wanted to. Yes these numbers probably seem faster than a lot, but it’s also about resources available. 54 raid geared toons allow a lot to be done.

So share with the group how you did it rather than claiming something.
Do a little research on whom you are questioning. CBD is a contributor and valued in the community. He is a trusted member, and if he claims something - then you need to take it at face value. We are not here to prove anything to you. Why would we lie?

The question was asked, "How fast can you level?".

My answer - Very fast. Are we good?

Additionally, some of our methods, we may not want out there to be copied by every Tom, Dick, and Harry that feels entitled, potentially resulting in nerfs.

When I PL a toon I have a little script that has my lvl 120 Druid follow the new toon and keeps Skin, DS , Regen, heals on the new toon. The script also casts Wrath of the Wild and when high enough casts the best Temp HP buff + best short duration DS (i.e. like Frondspur).

Using this approach I can play my new toon getting skills up and my druid follows doing his magic. I find this method more relaxing than rounding up a ton of mobs and then AE + DS them to death however it is only good til level 90 (slows down at 80+). At level 90 I have a level 115 team that I can start grouping with them.

My new BST has 10 hours playtime and is level 83.

I group my toon I want to power level with a solid group, add 10 to 20 outside toons assisting the group. (depending on what zone is available at the time) (20 would be overkill for light blues and dark blues)

Ideally you want Dark Blue to Yellow cons (however, with the same toon makeup, even if your only tanking down light blue and dark blue, your still killing them at a faster rate) the experience may vary. Killing 3 dark blues might yield the same experience as killing 6 light blues in the same amount of time.

Chain pull the mobs (check how much exp for each mob and multiply that by the amount of mobs you drop in a minute), depending on what zone your in you can rack up 200-300 aa an hour. That's about 50,000 aa in a week.

These are all estimates depending on the speed you can kill the mobs and what the mobs actually yield in experience. Pretty much do the math.
How fast you can kill a mob X how much exp you are getting.

The faster the mobs drop the faster you are earning experience.

Add on exp bonus and exp potions you can do this much less time. I personally only used Lesson of Devoted cause its free on a 15 hour timer, it's not much but it 30 minutes of double exp every 15 hours.

I've heard people talk about using Fellowship bonus exp, personally I've never tried to maximize fellowship experience. Most of the toons I level up are in different fellowships and I'm too lazy to remove and add my toons to other fellowships.

Thank you for the realistic post that doesn't include any BS. This is informative and well laid out.

I appreciate you!
I cannot do the PLing rates claimed by some of these people, however, you calling them unrealistic because you can't do them is pretty bad. You are basically calling people liars without any evidence. Someone obviously must be able to PL toons quickkly or else every server wouldn't have that one guy selling PLing. Remember some of these people have an army of toons, and sometimes raid toons. I have seen firsthand the number of mobs in the 90-100 range a highly geared SK can pull. Assuming they have other toons providing assistance I can believe numbers close to these, although I do think we tend to over estimate the times we spend doing stuff.

0 - 100 in less than a minute.

Purchased a level 100 heroic. Happy Leveling to 100
I See You No GIF by Teddy Too Big

😂

I'm not super fast at PLing, I usually do swarm pulls and DS mobs down. I have a Bard/SK/Mage with merc healer on passive in one group, 1 bard and all PLee's in another. I can get a whole group to lvl 80 in a relaxed 6-8 hours if my spots are open. I've never really tried to push the pace or have a great set up. I haven't PL'ed in quite some time but this was my path with DS killing until they could join my group.

1-20 in CR
20-35/40 in Blightfire, maybe a pull in stone hive if im doing bees
35/40-45 GE, Maidens eye, Dranik scar
45-55 Bloodfields
55-65 PoFire, CoD, BoT, Barindu, Ferubi. Wasn't a fan of WoS
65-70/75 Valdeholm, The Hive, DSH, could probably jump into fort mech after a few dragonscale pulls
70-80/85 Fort mech is good mob density, I'd like to find a better spot more out of the way
85-110 soon as they can group with the 110/115 I like EoK zones like FM, Lceanium (drachnid caves respawn super fast) or if my dps is solid HS/Sathirs/Overthere

At 110 is when I'd pop the krono, gear them a bit and exp normally in my spots to top out their AAs

Question - How quickly can YOU level??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back