• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - How Many Accounts Does It Take For EQ To Pay For Itself (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,984¢
This is sort of a spinoff question to the number of accounts. But I've always wondered how many accounts I would have to have for EQ to pay for itself. I have 7 and pay for them all right now.

I mean ftp accounts are free. Depends somewhat on how many hours and your market/skill/knowledge on the returns. Per year round gold account with current expansion figure you would need to generate 17 krono per year per account. Per one krono pop for maxing aa plus expansion figure 6. If you needed more months to get aa that increases the cost.

for eq to pay for itself you can run 3 with 3 mercs but depends on playtime rares if you do ts items for krono there are variables, you can pay for eq with 1 account doing ts items or many just farming rares it depends on the effort or lack of effort personally i have 54 accounts

Can you elaborate? Pay for itself how? Maybe I am completely missing the point. Sorry if I am.
For EverQuest to be self sustaining. How many more accounts would I need for instance to turn my 6 gold full expansion accounts into self sustaining accounts. Maybe I'm just not hunting in the right place.

For EverQuest to be self sustaining. How many more accounts would I need for instance to turn my 6 gold full expansion accounts into self sustaining accounts. Maybe I'm just not hunting in the right place.
You mean like, how many accounts would you need to get krono to keep those accounts subbed? If so, I am trying to figure that out for myself. Krono doesn't seem as easy to get as it once was. Server(s) economy seems to be way too inflated.

You mean like, how many accounts would you need to get krono to keep those accounts subbed? If so, I am trying to figure that out for myself. Krono doesn't seem as easy to get as it once was. Server(s) economy seems to be way too inflated.
If that is the correct terminology then yes Doc that's what I'm asking. So I need a raid level. Is NoS group and Mission level number fine. What formula do the guy who get EverQuest to pay for itself use, if they use one.

This is sort of a spinoff question to the number of accounts. But I've always wondered how many accounts I would have to have for EQ to pay for itself. I have 7 and pay for them all right now.
Depends on what you’re doing. I have 5 or 6 farmer bots and they generate from gems 4-7 kronos a month. I only sub 1 tank a month so net that’s maybe 3-6 kronos income

I only run 2 or 3 at a time maybe 8 hrs M-F

If that is the correct terminology then yes Doc that's what I'm asking. So I need a raid level. Is NoS group and Mission level number fine. What formula do the guy who get EverQuest to pay for itself use, if they use one.
I see now. Unfortunately, I do not have the answer directly. I am in search of this myself. Sorry I cannot give you helpful information.

It is so dependent on server, economy, effort you're willing to put in.

when I focus on farming I can make 5-7 kronos a week playing in the evening with 3 gold accts and 6 FTP dedicated farmers on my server. I typically farm 1-2 evenings a week here and there and easily maintain 3-4 kronos per month.

As I find market niche or decent reliable steady pp spots I tend to PL and add a char to the mix. right now I have 3 spots that I average 30kpp/hr in vendor fodder that I set up during some evenings and weekends to take the pressure off needing to actively farm. I recently did a 15 hr run with 4 chars actively going and made 2 milion off vendor trash.

@Robren911 and @Doc James, if you guys are serious about generating some serious platinum or Krono i'd recommend chatting with a few of the pro's. @Sic and @william12 both had really good ideas on the type of set-up and/or protections to avoid detection. Things like VPN, Separate PC's, etc...you'd want to think about if you're going to go down that rabbit hole. That way if your bots get hit it won't muddy or associate your main accounts with bot farmers and risk getting you banned on something you care about.

Be warned: don't be like me and start sinking time into bot farmers...that eventually turn them into FTP mains. It pays to think of your bot farmers like cattle vs. pets

GIF by DurangoBoots

I played with this, and using only 2x 120 rogues in old zones to collect items to sell to vendor. Ran them both for a month ever other day in their respective zones.

Plat came out to be about 1 krono total adding all plat together. Mind you these were also FTP rogues and i was farming crap for TS stuff.

Is it worth it? Maybe, but last krono i saw sold for also 5 mil on the live servers. The amount generated was 3.8ish mil lol, so its a bit dated.

I played with this, and using only 2x 120 rogues in old zones to collect items to sell to vendor. Ran them both for a month ever other day in their respective zones.

Plat came out to be about 1 krono total adding all plat together. Mind you these were also FTP rogues and i was farming crap for TS stuff.

Is it worth it? Maybe, but last krono i saw sold for also 5 mil on the live servers. The amount generated was 3.8ish mil lol, so its a bit dated.
I do around 20m a month per full group.

Trick question. The answer is ZERO! Because with EQ, the only way to win, is to not play. Break the addiction, go outside, find a hobby or play other video games that are actually entertaining. If you're trying to make your EQ habit self sustaining, you'll find that the time commitment put toward mindless, unfun farming of trivial content, solely for the sake of generating plat, eats into your available time to do any challenging progressive content. With raid schedules and grouping with friends, I'd certainly have to turn to unattended automation to generate enough krono to keep a 6 box group in Gold status. And that's a recipe for disaster on most servers.

The thing is it will take you 2-3 months the ROI to come back but after that its all profit. It will cost 6 kronos so you can AA the group because they need AAs to farm plat faster and about 2m plat each for gear/spells.

I once sold a chase loot for dozens of Krono and I've never paid for a subscription again since then. But it's not always been easy, farming for Krono can be almost like a job. But it can also mean helping to keep your server's local economy going. I mean just think how hard it would be for returning players if nobody sold Defiant armor, or tradeskill materials, or rare drop items in bazaar.

The trick is to get game things done while you're farming! Like do Mercenary, Partisan, and Hunter achievements while farming rare collectibles.

The thing is it will take you 2-3 months the ROI to come back but after that its all profit. It will cost 6 kronos so you can AA the group because they need AAs to farm plat faster and about 2m plat each for gear/spells.
  • Ice encrusted and blood soaked can generate a ton if you put in the time and gear into the right bots.
  • High capacity bags (scuffed and the others tov/cov/nos/tol) that are tradeable...each can range from 200k for the crappy boxes to 2 mil for the 32-40 capacity ones.
  • Expect maybe one ultra=rare drops per week per team in heavy grinding mode (8-24 hrs per day)
  • Fastest way is /barter, reverse flip the order...find what the bazaar traders are buying...figure out some spots where that drops...and set bots to farm em...
If you do a combination of those 4 things above you'll be in good shape. @william12 is 100% dead on the money though once you sink 12-18 krono getting a few bot teams set it slowly trickles back in. If you set up the tanks right you don't even have to sub them all

The other route is if you can score on of those lifetime accounts and play the bazaar game fulltime. I only bazaar trader stuff when I'm upgrading bot alts...but I'm at 30+ now so I try to only do that on expansion catch-ups when the aa's gap is significant

Last two avenues are:
  1. Pwlvl for plat...but get ready for drama/competition from Jerome and his gang
  2. Krono flips for coin...but that shit is too capital intensive. I am primarily a buyer, I get nervous if i'm under 50 kronos in my pocket
  3. Ohh...i forgot this one...Raid Loot/Boxes sh...tuff...clear giveaway you're a bot god. Note: keep your eyes peeled, some asshat will actually buy something to map out your alts and report your ass and get your raid force banned
Note, I saved these last two three for last since these have the highest visibility and risk of you getting banned/reported. I don't know about peeps but on my server the hate krono resellers/and pwlvl'ers...

Last two cents...I got this from chatting up with one of the fattest bazaar traders...make sure whatever system you implement works for you and that you actually have time to play and enjoy the game. You don't want to end up working to play eq...passive/low energy/low visibility income is always best.

I'll borrow another two cents to say this...respect your bazaar traders. Some folks just do a little bazaar to unload shit, make a little plat, and get a krono here an there. Don't be that asshat that drops 80 extra planar potential shards at /barter price or flood the /trader market and screw your /barter buyers. There is an etiquette to being a supplier and dropping 10k Intricate Binding Powder on a trader or listing it for pennies in bazaar is going to fuck up that eco-system. Same thing for all other rare trademats or crafted gear....just because I can set-up 10 vendors with every conflagrant item at little to no cost to me doesn't mean you should...be courteous to your fellow players. You want to build a relationship with your /barter buyers...and you need to keep prices for stuff stable so they can also have a business...Ok...off my soapbox and off to do some epics.

Last edited:
My 5 cents - I started with 6 moved up to 30 and was subbed at one time to all of them with the idea of creating a self-sustaining raid force. Long story, lost my job and couldn't feed the addiction so I am taking a small break and when I come back I will be doing Test server. Probably the best way to have as many toons as you want with all the gold benefits without spending a dime. In the meantime, I took @Many_Whelps advice and I am now having some fun with D4 and sprucing up my property...until I come back that is😁

• Ice encrusted and blood soaked can generate a ton if you put in the time and gear into the right bots.
  • High capacity bags (scuffed and the others tov/cov/nos/tol) that are tradeable...each can range from 200k for the crappy boxes to 2 mil for the 32-40 capacity ones.
  • Expect maybe one ultra=rare drops per week per team in heavy grinding mode (8-24 hrs per day)
  • Fastest way is /barter, reverse flip the order...find what the bazaar traders are buying...figure out some spots where that drops...and set bots to farm em...
If you do a combination of those 4 things above you'll be in good shape. @william12 is 100% dead on the money though once you sink 12-18 krono getting a few bot teams set it slowly trickles back in. If you set up the tanks right you don't even have to sub them all

The other route is if you can score on of those lifetime accounts and play the bazaar game fulltime. I only bazaar trader stuff when I'm upgrading bot alts...but I'm at 30+ now so I try to only do that on expansion catch-ups when the aa's gap is significant

Last two avenues are:
  1. Pwlvl for plat...but get ready for drama/competition from Jerome and his gang
  2. Krono flips for coin...but that shit is too capital intensive. I am primarily a buyer, I get nervous if i'm under 50 kronos in my pocket
  3. Ohh...i forgot this one...Raid Loot/Boxes sh...tuff...clear giveaway you're a bot god. Note: keep your eyes peeled, some asshat will actually buy something to map out your alts and report your ass and get your raid force banned
Note, I saved these last two three for last since these have the highest visibility and risk of you getting banned/reported. I don't know about peeps but on my server the hate krono resellers/and pwlvl'ers...

Last two cents...I got this from chatting up with one of the fattest bazaar traders...make sure whatever system you implement works for you and that you actually have time to play and enjoy the game. You don't want to end up working to play eq...passive/low energy/low visibility income is always best.

I'll borrow another two cents to say this...respect your bazaar traders. Some folks just do a little bazaar to unload shit, make a little plat, and get a krono here an there. Don't be that asshat that drops 80 extra planar potential shards at /barter price or flood the /trader market and screw your /barter buyers. There is an etiquette to being a supplier and dropping 10k Intricate Binding Powder on a trader or listing it for pennies in bazaar is going to fuck up that eco-system. Same thing for all other rare trademats or crafted gear....just because I can set-up 10 vendors with every conflagrant item at little to no cost to me doesn't mean you should...be courteous to your fellow players. You want to build a relationship with your /barter buyers...and you need to keep prices for stuff stable so they can also have a business...Ok...off my soapbox and off to do some epics.
This was crazy informative thanks. I'm on FV Power Leveling and Raid Loot or selling Progressions is commonplace.. The only thing people ever get upset about is if you don't speak Elvish. LOL This was a truly helpful post.

I think I'm going to buy a laptop just for my Farmer bots. Having them on a separate computer cut off from your regular toons seems to be the way most people do it. I think I will make a bazaar bot on the laptop as well. I don't really have a full time bazaar bot I use two of my accounts. I've really learned a lot thanks everyone.

You need a solid group, up to the latest expansion. Start selling TA's and you can easily get around 2mil in a couple of hours. Players in popular servers will seek easy flagging for Paragons, that's your cash-cow.

Discussion - How Many Accounts Does It Take For EQ To Pay For Itself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back