• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Fabulous - how I UI (2 Viewers)

grimmier

Tinkerer
RedCents
1,922¢
i have hidden most of the games ui windows behind my Lua GUI

they still exist and function as needed for plugins and macros.

but this is how i game and it works great.

1711717320889.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. So I have an issue where Lua running as an overlay causes mouse focus issues, for lack of a better term. The Lua windows don't seem as native as in-game windows, where I occasionally have to click outside of eq to get the mouse to work again properly. It's almost like I'm clicking between in-game and external windows back and forth, and functionality becomes confused.

Is that an issue for others? This many Lua windows seems like I'd be running into way more issues.

Interesting. So I have an issue where Lua running as an overlay causes mouse focus issues, for lack of a better term. The Lua windows don't seem as native as in-game windows, where I occasionally have to click outside of eq to get the mouse to work again properly. It's almost like I'm clicking between in-game and external windows back and forth, and functionality becomes confused.

Is that an issue for others? This many Lua windows seems like I'd be running into way more issues.
I haven't really experienced that.

I used to get weird buggy things like that when I allowed the Lua stuff outside of my game window, not with everything just docked though.

Do you find you often have to double click, essentially, a Lua window to then use the button? I have that almost always. I figured its due to the Lua is just an overlay, not a real window. So for an EQ game hotbar button, I can hover over a button and its always ready to be depressed, but on a button from an IMgui Lua, I might have to click once to get the 'focus' and and then again to click the actual button. The first click often 'goes through' the IMgui overlay and unto whatever is behind it, meaning the game screen.

I'm amazed at how horribly far behind the EQ developers are behind Red Guides and the community here lol. It's astonishing to me. That UI destroys anything EQ has put out. How is this possible? Why are they so bad?

I was just coming to the forums to look for a UI discussion. More specifically I'm curious about how people use the color filters for chat, what do people use for their damage versus other's damage? Do you turn other's damage off?

Any other tips with chat filters?

Great post, thanks for sharing your UI.

yeah occasionally you will have to do a dbl click, but the first click is just regaining focus.
this is when you have tabbed away from eq.

Is there ways to bind keys/hotkeys to Buttonmaster?
Not that I am aware of yet.
I like the way this looks... what all did you ise to have it all like that? I'm guessing mychat... what else? I want to make mine look the same way.
the Lua i have running:
MyChat, Alert Master, ButtonMaster, BoxHud, Magellan, PlayerTarg, dont make me say it, XtargetX
and then there are 2 others that i am working on atm: MyBuffs, and MyGroup.

then I just use the docking features to lay it all out how i like.

I would miss the translucency of the EQ windows
Oh @grimmier 1711734993562.png

Happy Chris Pratt GIF by Parks and Recreation

Indeed I spent years in that view.
That's very satisfying how everything snaps together seamlessly but I think I would miss the translucency of the EQ windows.
Most all of my windows I have use themez to change the colors and you can adjust transparency for each element.

Viewport on resizes the world view to fit inside the docked windows. This means I don't lose any view of in game.

Do you find you often have to double click, essentially, a Lua window to then use the button? I have that almost always. I figured its due to the Lua is just an overlay, not a real window. So for an EQ game hotbar button, I can hover over a button and its always ready to be depressed, but on a button from an IMgui Lua, I might have to click once to get the 'focus' and and then again to click the actual button. The first click often 'goes through' the IMgui overlay and unto whatever is behind it, meaning the game screen.
Yup, pretty much. Hard to explain. I do alt-tab a lot to other clients like Grimmier said.

So I've been adding many of the Lua's that are in your UI and I'm loving them. The problem is I have to load them back up every time I log back in. Is there a way for these to be permanent?

Fabulous - how I UI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back